Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Smoked pulled chicken sandwiches with a white Alabama BBQ sauce.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wow BMJ, that chicken looks really good. Like a pic of a finished smoke product you'd see on a website! LOL

I smoked two whole chickens yesterday as well. First time doing chicken, and I was pleased with out it turned out. I will concur that pulling the meat off of the bones and prepping for serving is a good amount of work!

I'm eager to give a large salmon filet a try next! Thanks for the pics!

Yea, I think I may cook more whole chickens for my protein goals. I don't have to worry about any of the added fat too much unless I am really cranking down on getting super lean, so I might as well enjoy it too, lol. I've ran my course with chicken breast only...ugh! A lot of the grease renders off during cooking as well. I only keep the crispy skin, the other rubbery crap comes off...yuck. The only part that got rubbery though was the bottom part after it had sit for 20-30 minutes during the cooling off period. Next time I may pull that skin off first before plating it....or use a pan rack.

Salmon is super easy to smoke. I am not a big seafood/fish eater, it has to be a white fish and shrimp if I do, so others are way better at cooking them than I am. However, the wife wanted salmon this last summer, and I made her some, and she mentioned it was the best she's had. She's from Nayarit, Mexico, so they have good pescado zarandeado over there (even I loved it from her state), and she mentioned it tasted a lot like how they cook there.

I followed this recipe, and it was super easy:
Simple Smoked Salmon Recipe (saltpepperskillet.com)

Let us know how it goes!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
That white BBQ sauce is famous, they drink that shit... lol

it has the nice citrus herb flavor, that so many prefer to the over sweet BBQ sauce.. I F'en hate sweet BBQ.. has to be made for those that don't like to taste meat.

any Tangy and Spicy BBQ sauce is g2g I just dont understand the purpose of sweet BBQ sauce, is it to hide the wonderful smokey flavor of meat!.....?

I like more sweeter sauces, but mainly for pork butt/pulled pork. I can get away with less sweet for other foods...but i'm more of a sweet guy. Yea, the white sauce recipe is damn good, I wasn't sure how I was gonna like it, but it goes great with this recipe and the slaw. It's WAY better than the bottled crap! I bought some Bob Gibson's white bbq sauce a few weeks back to try out, and fukk me it's disgusting. It's almost like a bad bottled salad dressing taste. I think it's supposed to give a better flavor as a marinade or basting sauce though, so i'll have to try that out since I have it. If that doesn't work it's going in the trash...lol.

There are so many different sauces out there, and some are awesome, and some suck balls. Out here in Cali, along the coast of SLO, there is a place called Mo's BBQ, and they have an awesome sweet Carolina sauce I love....but I have not been there in a long time. I've been trying to find a bottle sauce like it on the shelves, but nada. I like adding in some peach or apricot preserve jam into homemade sauces too, they are awesome!

But yea, I can get by with Tangy, spicy, and savory, etc too:cool:

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Yea, I think I may cook more whole chickens for my protein goals.

One of my whole chickens was a good bit larger than the other, and I was amazed at how much more meat I got off of that one than the smaller one. Night and day difference. The meat was tender and tasty. I was pleased. I'm still a smoking newbie, but I'm enjoying it and looking forward to learning the craft.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
One of my whole chickens was a good bit larger than the other, and I was amazed at how much more meat I got off of that one than the smaller one. Night and day difference. The meat was tender and tasty. I was pleased. I'm still a smoking newbie, but I'm enjoying it and looking forward to learning the craft.
It's soo damn juicy! I like to heavy smoke (dry wood) on chicken since it doesn't take as long as pork to cook, you can really get that smoke ring deep if you do it right.

I gotta try some of @MR. BMJ 's white sauce...........wait............what?

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
it has the nice citrus herb flavor, that so many prefer to the over sweet BBQ sauce.. I F'en hate sweet BBQ.. has to be made for those that don't like to taste meat.

any Tangy and Spicy BBQ sauce is g2g I just dont understand the purpose of sweet BBQ sauce, is it to hide the wonderful smokey flavor of meat!.....?
Finally found someone else who doesn't like sweet BBQ!! Everytime I say I hate sweet BBQ sauce people look at me like I'm some kind of weirdo. The only thing is I have a hard time finding a REAL spicy/tangy BBQ sauce at the store cuz sometimes I'll buy one and it's spicy, but also sweet!!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Wow, the sandwich's look awesome bro! Wish you lived around here dang :- /

I might need to buy one of those smokers. Good eating non stop

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Can I come stay at your house, and you can just cook for me.... PLEEEEASE..... !!

THATS IT IM REPORTING YOU...... NO MORE FUCKING FOOD POSTS TILL IM DONE DIETING...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I leave for a few days and this is what gets posted? DAMN!! I love this place. I have not been able to eat much since my surgery (I already put on weight in just the first week) and this looks fantastic!!! I am going to try that BBQ sauce recipe and also that cole slaw dressing looks amazing. Thank you for posting.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
This Nigga right here be having the good BBQ shiz .. https://www.stubbsbbq.com/en-us

to my pallet most of his BBQ sauces have very low to no sweetness.. Tangy citrus spicy..hell yes!!!

maybe its just me but when you get a honey glazed ham and all you can do is taste the honey.. wtf??? these individuals....... their just meat haters man,.... I swear.. lol

I understand salty sweet, I get it. but sweet and mostly sweet. lmao.. just go get some dessert and stop ruining the wonderful meat!!!!! lol

Hey have you guys smoked some Duck with the semi sweet orange sauce? Holy shiz!!! stop hesitating and do this ASAP... Incredible.

I'm trying some Guava wood ASAP.. so far I have only found 1 company in Hawaii for the Guava wood.. but the flavor of the Pork I have tried with this wood is just freaky delicious.....

https://www.hawaiiguava.com/contact-us.html

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like Stubbs, I get the low sugar or sugar free, pretty good stuff. I like Open Pit too, more of a tangy vinegar BBQ sauce.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This Nigga right here be having the good BBQ shiz .. https://www.stubbsbbq.com/en-us

to my pallet most of his BBQ sauces have very low to no sweetness.. Tangy citrus spicy..hell yes!!!

maybe its just me but when you get a honey glazed ham and all you can do is taste the honey.. wtf??? these individuals....... their just meat haters man,.... I swear.. lol

I understand salty sweet, I get it. but sweet and mostly sweet. lmao.. just go get some dessert and stop ruining the wonderful meat!!!!! lol

Hey have you guys smoked some Duck with the semi sweet orange sauce? Holy shiz!!! stop hesitating and do this ASAP... Incredible.

I'm trying some Guava wood ASAP.. so far I have only found 1 company in Hawaii for the Guava wood.. but the flavor of the Pork I have tried with this wood is just freaky delicious.....

https://www.hawaiiguava.com/contact-us.html

I like me some Stubb's too! I go back and forth between Stubb's and Sweet baby Ray's....and some G. Hughes sugar free sauces. SBRay's is probably too sweet for you though? I have have to be in the right mood for both, so I usually have a bottle of each in the fridge, but tend to use SBR more.

Speaking of that SLO place I mentioned above or on the first page....they have a kickass Mustard BBQ sauce too. Fukk me, i'm gonna see if I can order from their site. There was an Albertson's out here that use to carry them, but they stopped a long time ago.

Another thing that is pretty good, well if you do not feel like making your own sauce which is easy, but you can find a good bottled vinegar based bbq sauce (used for moping and stuff) and mix 50/50 with your favorite regular BBQ sauce. It gives a different flavor. I like to use a vinegar sauce poured on my pork butt when I wrap it up in foil for further cooking. I posted some pics of my last pork butt run I did a few weeks back for my son's 8th birthday on the off-topic forum, maybe i'll add that here on this forum with more pics from that cook. I didn't get as many pics because we were so busy, but got some of most the steps. If I don't get tot that, i'll just post up the next time I do one. LOL< I need to start clamping down on my diet for summer coming up, so i'm not sure when i'll make another one:)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic