Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

sick and tired of the same thing

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Damn Mayo, not picking on you or anything, but this post also got my attention. Is all ground turkey held together with beef fat? My ground turkey is 99% fat free, so I would imagine that even if it is, it is a minuscule amount. More info please as I eat around 3 pounds per week of ground turkey. Thanks bro.

Why are you so mean to me.........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ...I should have clarified. The Honeysuckle White and other name brand stuff is all turkey. At my Wally World they have 'other' ground turkey that has nearly the fat of 80/20 beef...just a gimmick. I'm a cheap ass so I gravitate toward generic so I have to watch the labels a little more.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I'm a cheap ass so I gravitate toward generic so I have to watch the labels a little more.
Wait a second, you part jewish? i mean, that is a registered trademark of us jews LOL.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Go to the grocery store and pick up some spices and some low calorie sauces. I use a variety of spice mixes on my chicken, make a bunch of different vinaigrettes for my salads and vegetables.

I have almost as many spices in my pantry as a supermarket, but those dont help the dryness of 1,2 and 3 day old chicken boobs. maybe i can find some fat free chicken broth and make a soup of some sort....

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I am losing my mind eating the same thing day in and day out. I had to give up canned tuna today, i don't know if i will EVER eat it again. Breakfast is fine, i enjoy that. it is my 3 middle meals during the day that kill me. 6oz of chicken boob and 3/4 to 1 cup green beans or broccoli. WTF else is there besides chicken breast? or how do you prepare them when dieting differently? i mostly use salsa or hot sauce. Going to get some ground turkey to make turkey burgers and throw some spicy mustard on em, but those are pretty shitty too :)

What else is there? is there a lean pork? anything? i dont want to move to shakes but i might have to....

Sucks eating healthy, but i learned to just void it out and forget about it and just eat. It becomes a habit after a while and i dont even taste the food anymore lol.

Or you can take Cytomel and just eat everything lol.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I found some 99% fat free turkey breast cutlets at the supermarket on my way home. picked up some 99% ground turkey and some pork tenderloin which i have been reading is more lean than chicken if you get rid of all visible fat. I should be good now :)

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
^^^this is what i was gonna say...
no fish in your diet Goldy?

I used to eat salmon but the brand i was using is gone.....all others taste like shit and it is a pain in the ass to go to the fish market outside of weekends. i am gonna check out some tilapia too.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I hate fish...makes me wanna vomit. Only way I like fish is as sushi and that gets really expensive really quickly....especially when ur vacuuming down a poound of sashimi and hungry 30 minutes later.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I hate fish...makes me wanna vomit. Only way I like fish is as sushi and that gets really expensive really quickly....especially when ur vacuuming down a poound of sashimi and hungry 30 minutes later.

i LOVE sushi! got the same problem though; as much as i eat the shit gets expensive and then i'm hungry again in a half hour. i could eat salmon every day though...

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
yeah, when not having carbs in that meal, sashimi usually costs me 40$ to get 8 oz worth. when carbing up, i get 6 rolls and some other shit :) LOVE SUSHI

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011

All fish? try swordfish? kinda like steak....

salmon if cooked right can be amazing, if cooked poor taste like poo. white fish sucks unless you figure a way to really infuse the garlic oil....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Pork tenderloin, Turkey breast, Chicken, and Lean Beef cuts, or Lean ground 93/7. Just get creative with seasoning. When cooking always sear both sides of the meat on a hot grill or pan to hold the juices in, use a few drops of olive oil to coat the meat and help the seasoning stick as well, then cook away. Cooking it right is half the battle.

Pork tenderloin, have it seasoned, then sear it in a pan on top of the stove (meaning brown the outside of the meat for a few mins), then throw it in the oven for about and hour at 350, test with a meat thermometer.

That will make food a lot easier to stomach :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic