Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Scott Weiland dies at 48

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Long story short, somehow manson got to be friends with brian and kept bugging him to listen to one of his songs. Brian did and eventually used the lyrics but changed the name of the song and never gave charlie credit. apparently, manson confronted brian threatening to harm his family and brian beat the crap out of him. this info is from several sources and i find the last part hard to believe if brian really looked like he did in the movie not that manson was any kind of hulking figure but he was a mental case.

K, Beach Boys, one of my altime favs -amazing harmony - I had the hots for (drummer) Dennis who drowned at 39 - I read Brian's biography - so here's my take: Correction, it wasn't Brian that beat Charles Manson up, it was Dennis who even had a fistfight with his own dad. Dennis wouldn't take anything from anybody and had no fear. It was Summer 1968, Dennis picked up two of Manson's harem hitchhiking on Sunset Blvd, took them home and met Charlie who played the guitar. Dennis (coming out of divorce) liked the 'free-spirited' girls and hit it off with Manson who imagined himself an artist wanting a record contract. Manson '& family' moved in with Dennis and the partying began - (until $100K later Dennis moved out and left the Manson family to the landlord to evict. ) But while they were buddies/housemates Dennis introduced Manson to Columbia Records Producer Terry Melcher (son of Doris Day) who was living at 10050 Cielo Dr (remember this address). Dennis invited Manson to record at his studio where things went bad and Manson pulled a knife. Dennis later recorded a version of Manson's 'Cease To Exist' changing the lyrics & renaming it to 'Never Learn Not to Love' which found its way onto a Beach Boys album. Later, Dennis found a bullet on his bed placed by Manson. Terry Melcher was freaked out by Manson and wouldn't sign him a record deal. Manson was furious and initiated 'Helter Skelter' Aug 8, 1969 - He ordered his followers to go to 10050 Cielo Dr and kill everyone. Yet Manson didn't know that Melcher had moved out a couple of months earlier. The new resident, actress Sharon Tate, wouldn't open the door and let Manson in (looking for Melcher) so he left. He shortly returned and slaughtered her and six others.

And if you're a NIN fan - you'll know that Trent Reznor was the last owner of the property. He rented the house in 1992 and set up a recording studio dubbed 'Pig' in reference to Susan Atkins' scrawling it in Tate's blood on the front door - recorded most of the Nine Inch Nails album The Downward Spiral (1994) there plus 'Broken' and let Marilyn Manson record some, but moved out in Dec '93 after meeting Sharon Tate's sister. Reznor took the front door of the house with him when he moved out, installing it at Nothing Studios, his recording studio/record label headquarters in New Orleans which was later sold. The front door Reznor removed from 10050 Cielo Drive is currently preserved in the possession of the owner of that building which has since been demolished and a new residence built with the address changed.

https://www.biography.com/news/charles-manson-dennis-wilson-friendship

And that's the story of how Dennis Wilson/The Beach Boys, notorious Charles Manson (and Trent Reznor) are connected.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thanx Pearl!!!!…..Very interesting....Nice to have the full accurate story!!!!….I'm semi-BB's fan...Once I heard LS and the rest, I gravitated to rock/metal mostly!...

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I watched that movie too...U know manson was a friend/associate something to that effect, to the beach boys...Can't remember the whole story...Anyway, regarding scott, If im not mistaking, he was sexually assualted in his pre-teens by some older guy in his neighborhood...Supposedly, this is what he was trying to get rid of (pain that is)...He used drugs to numb it I would think...If u look at most of his pics and interviews, he always seems mad or angry at something...It would of been killer if he could have overcome that...He was a spot on entertainer and stp could write some boss songs...I'm not sure how much of the work was done by him personally, but he rocked for sho!!!!!Too bad on the pain he was in...THey ought ro hunt the dude who caused it and.....

What pain would you say that they all have in common?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
https://www.biography.com/news/charles-manson-dennis-wilson-friendship And that's the story of how Dennis Wilson/The Beach Boys, notorious Charles Manson (and Trent Reznor) are connected.[/QUOTE]

in the movie, brian develops paranoid schitzophrenia (sp) diagnosed by his brother dennis, who apparently was a dr. ?? and then cared for abusively by him. I have a.d.d. so I prob missed parts of the movie but that's what I got from it. If this is true im confused as to how and when dennis went to 4-6 yrs of school while performing in the band. When dennis was introduced to a woman, currently still his wife with 5 kids, he told her he was brians brother. Eventually she got dennis removed from caring for brian and re-diagnosed at ucla as not PS, but did have issues which with the proper medication and therapy was much better. Any truth to this?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
https://www.biography.com/news/charles-manson-dennis-wilson-friendship And that's the story of how Dennis Wilson/The Beach Boys, notorious Charles Manson (and Trent Reznor) are connected.

in the movie, brian develops paranoid schitzophrenia (sp) diagnosed by his brother dennis, who apparently was a dr. ?? and then cared for abusively by him. I have a.d.d. so I prob missed parts of the movie but that's what I got from it. If this is true im confused as to how and when dennis went to 4-6 yrs of school while performing in the band. When dennis was introduced to a woman, currently still his wife with 5 kids, he told her he was brians brother. Eventually she got dennis removed from caring for brian and re-diagnosed at ucla as not PS, but did have issues which with the proper medication and therapy was much better. Any truth to this?

The pick of Dennis next to Manson on this link, almost makes them look like brothers themselves?....He (Dennis) doesn't look like the doctor type, *LOL*...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Awesome intro...Closes I came to playing an instrument like that was an accordion...*LOL*...

Remake....Got some good harmonica going....Good soul song....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic