Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Routine TIPS NEEDED!!!

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013
Hey all,
I am starting this thread cause i wanna bulk naturally before i touch AAS's. I am going to post what my workout routine looks like in a typical week. I already know that it isn't what you guys would do. Im a noob and just want to do this right. So all comments are welocome and helpful.

I tend to do everything in 3 sets of 8. I guess its not to high of reps (for tighter denser muscle) but not to low (for bigger bulkier muscle). I just tried to find an in-between for myself. My week looks like this:

I do 4 on 3 off.

STATS:
6'0
175lbs
11-13% BF
diet? working on changing it to bulk.
Gear free

MONDAY: Chest and tri's:

CHEST:
Incline bench: 3 sets of 8: @ 125lbs
Flat bench: 3 sets of 8: @ 170lbs
Decline bench: 3 sets of 8: @ 185lbs

After bench press:

TRI's:
Machine tri pull down: 3 sets of 8 @ 80lbs
Overhead single dumb bell press: 3 sets of 8 : @ 75lb dumb bell
Skull crusher's: 3 sets of 8: @ 65lbs
In between sets i do dips to failure.

After tri's:

CHEST:
Incline dumb bells @ 3 sets of 6: with 45lb dumb bells
Flat press dumb bells @ 3 sets of 6: with 50lb dumb bells
Incline dumb bells @ 3 sets of 6: with 65lb dumb bells
In between each sets i do pushups to failure.

TUESDAY: Back and Shoulders:

BACK:
Dead lift: 3 sets of 8: @ 150lbs (because of back)
Machine lat pull downs: 3 sets of 8: @ 120lbs
Rows: 3 sets of 8: @ 90lbs

SHOULDER's:
Militarty dumb bell press: 3 sets of 8: @ 45lb dumb bells
Front delt raise: 3 sets of 8: @ 25lb dumb bells
Side delt raise: 3 sets of 8: @ 20lb dumb bells
Shrugs: 3 sets of 8: @ 200lbs

BACK:
Repeat same routine, but with 3 sets of 6.

WEDNESDAY: Legs Upper:
Squats: 3 sets of 6: @ 155lbs (I know weak legs, just started building then)
Lunges: 3 sets of 10: @ 2 50lb dumb bells
Leg curl: 3 sets of 8: @ 80lbs (on machine)
Leg press: 3 sets of 8: @ 170lbs (because of back, on machine)

THURSDAY: Bi's, calves, and forearms:

BICEPS:
Full curls with curl bar: 3 sets of 8: @ 65lbs
dumb bell alt curls: 3 sets of 8: @ 35lb dumb bells
preacher curls with curl bar: 3 sets of 6: @ 75lbs

CALVES:
Toe in dumbell calve raises: 3 sests of 8: @ 2 55lb dumb bells
Toe straight calve raises: 3 sets of 8: @ 2 55lb dumb bells
Toe out calve raises: 3 sets of 8: @ 2 55lb dumb bells

FOREARMS:
Forearm curls: 3 sets of 10: @ 65lbs
Reverse froearm curls: 3 sets of 8 @ 55lbs

And i do ABS every single day.

Thats my work out week in a nutshell. I do switch up the exercises to hit muscle groups better, like delts, and stuff. I am wanting to bulk natty. So is this a good type of routine? Or do i need to lower reps? I am wanting to hit 200lbs natty. And just get bigger all round. Im a noob you guys.

Last edited:
J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I'm really happy to see that you have been taking peoples advice to heart and are trying to do things the right way! I hope you get all the help you need from the vets here because you seem to be doing your part.

I would simplify your plan a bit, I would have a Bench Day, a Squat Day, a Press Day and a Dead Lift day. I would google and follow a simple 5-3-1, Westside, EliteFTS routine. If you work at getting stronger at these movements while eating your ass off you will pack on size.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
the first thing I see here is your not increasing weight every set...

with a routine like this you are only going through the motions... If it doesn't make you sore you arent making progress... work it till it hurts... If I dont hurt when I leave the gym I dont feel like I have done anything...

If you want to get bigger you have to lift bigger... and that is a relative term... no one here is going to give you shit about being weak... you are a noob and you know it... you have a lot of potential... you just have to work for it... one day you wont be a noob...

next week increase the weight as you go unitl your last set you can not get the full 8 reps...

remember, Pain is only weakness leaving the body.

What other supps you taking?

creatine? protein?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
the first thing I see here is your not increasing weight every set...

with a routine like this you are only going through the motions... If it doesn't make you sore you arent making progress... work it till it hurts... If I dont hurt when I leave the gym I dont feel like I have done anything...

If you want to get bigger you have to lift bigger... and that is a relative term... no one here is going to give you shit about being weak... you are a noob and you know it... you have a lot of potential... you just have to work for it... one day you wont be a noob...

next week increase the weight as you go unitl your last set you can not get the full 8 reps...

remember, Pain is only weakness leaving the body.

What other supps you taking?

creatine? protein?

I agree. They are all straight sets. I also want to add that I think the OP should do 2 on 1 off or something like that. No breaks in the week is no good IMO.

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
Abs every single day? Why? I'm not sure I follow the logic of your ch/tri day either. -EK

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Abs every single day? Why? I'm not sure I follow the logic of your ch/tri day either. -EK

You are right. That day is so far gone I don't know what to say. I just figured I start by trying to get him to change his workout days to having breaks durring the week. This is going to be a complete overhaul.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Workout exercises look good man.

What are your goals? Bulking? Any other ones? If you are looking to get stronger, for sure check out the routines j-dub listed.

Like IC said, each set increase the weight.

Also..... On your compound movements (flat bench, squat, dead lift, over head press) Try to do 5-8 reps.

No more than 8, but try to hit 5. As you increase the weight it will get more difficult to get 8. Which is fine. Remember , between 5-8.

Just do abs and lower back work 3 days a week. The abs and lower back are muscles, and they can be over trained.

Try your routine days like this:

Monday lift

Tuesday lift

Wednesday off

Thursday lift

Friday lift

Saturday off

Sunday off

Also, do you do cardio? Cardio can be good while trying to bulk because it stimulates your appetite.
I think your fine everywhere else man. Just have to lift heavy like ic said.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This entirely to much. Honestly, take a look at Mon and everything you're doing for Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, 9 movements. BUT you're only doing 4 for Legs? That doesn't make any sense. You're also training back and right after training legs. That's not wise either.

You need to put in compound multi joint movements and lay out your work week better to.

You could do it like this:
Mon~ Legs
Tues~ Chest/Tri
Wed~Off
Thur~Back/Bi
Fri~ Shoulders

AND EAT. If you want to grow than feed your body.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010

What are your goals? Bulking? Any other ones? If you are looking to get stronger, for sure check out the routines j-dub listed.

Also..... On your compound movements (flat bench, squat, dead lift, over head press) Try to do 5-8 reps.

No more than 8, but try to hit 5. As you increase the weight it will get more difficult to get 8. Which is fine. Remember , between 5-8.

Just do abs and lower back work 3 days a week. The abs and lower back are muscles, and they can be over trained.

Monday lift

Tuesday lift

Wednesday off

Thursday lift

Friday lift

Saturday off

Sunday off

Also, do you do cardio? Cardio can be good while trying to bulk because it stimulates your appetite.

You seriously think he is fine everywhere else after looking at his routine? He has 2 back workouts in one workout and same with chest amongst other things. You went through these growing pains as well and this is all you learned?

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You seriously think he is fine everywhere else after looking at his routine? He has 2 back workouts in one workout and same with chest amongst other things. You went through these growing pains as well and this is all you learned?

Sorry I was just focusing on the exercises themselves. I skimmed over them.

I was gonna point out to not do chest then go to triceps and then back to chest. But I forgot. Sorry.

Ok let's lay out your workout gp:

Monday: leg days are good days for Mondays.

Squats: 3 x 5-8 reps

Hack squats: 3 x 8

Lunges: 3 x 10

Seated leg extensions: 3 x 10-15

Standing calve raises: 3 x 15-20

Seated calve raises: 3 x 15-20

Abs

Stretch

STOP here

Tuesday: back and shoulders

Over head press: 3 x 5

Front raises: 3 x 8-10

Side raises: 3 x 8-10

Reverse flies: 3 x 8

Pull ups: 3 x failure

Lat pull downs: 3 x 10

Barbbell rows: 3 x 5-8 go

1 arm dumbbell rows: 3 x 8

STOP here.

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013
I take creatine mono, 10mgs pre and 10mgs post, and then another 10mgs 2 hours after workout. I take iso whey protein. three shakes a day normally. one right after working out with 4 whole eggs. How much do i want to increase, or should i increase a week. LIke a 5 or 10 pound goal a week? or just keep it right at were i cant finish the last set?

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013

Monday lift

Tuesday lift

Wednesday off

Thursday lift

Friday lift

Saturday off

Sunday off

I dont do cardio. I have read so may posts were people look down on it while bulking. But If it helps, i a willing to try it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic