Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Road to RUM @165

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks bro! You looking to compete any time soon?

I wouldn't say anytime soon, still trying to catch up to some you monsters, but definitely this year...by the end of winter I'm going to assess my lifts, continue to learn about the sport and hopefully enter some summertime events...once again man, seriously badass training...

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I wouldn't say anytime soon, still trying to catch up to some you monsters, but definitely this year...by the end of winter I'm going to assess my lifts, continue to learn about the sport and hopefully enter some summertime events...once again man, seriously badass training...

Thanks brother, I really appreciate the kind words.

This sport is awesome man, after I went and saw a buddy of mine compete I realized that I wanted to be a part of it. I've only been powerlifting for about a year and a half I would say and its been an amazing journey. At my first meet (Oct. 2014) I squatted 375, benched 315, and deadliftd 500 in the 181 class, I went 6 for 9 and definitely not what I wanted but I got my foot in the door and It motivated me to get stronger. I hope to one day be ranked among the best of the best in my weight class, but I know its a long road but It will be worth it.

Idk if you've already been to and watched a meet and how everything runs but if you haven't I highly recommend you do. You'll be surprised to see that you are stronger than you think, also they are a shit ton of fun. Female powerlifters are pretty hot as well lol

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
3 weeks out!

Not a whole lot going on this week in training, just working a couple singles @85% of my openers and a reverse band/slingshot single with 2nd attempts.

Next week will be fun considering I will actually take out my 2nd attempts, which I know I am going to smoke. 3 weeks out and the anticipation is growing. I have noticed that this time around I have my head on right, last meet I made the mistake of focusing too much on certain numbers and just completely mind****ing myself. I actually feel confident in my lifts now, and not applying any pressure on myself to hit specific numbers. I think the thought of competing against some of the best lifters in the country has me in that I'm coming in to compete and go toe to toe with the best, not the I am going to out total the competition by 100lbs like a stupid cocky **** mentality like I had at the last meet.

Anyways here's some training footage from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhsbZHLkoAs

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Do you think the way you feel now compared to the last meet could be due to running with RPE ?? Pretty eye-opening if so...

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
You definitely are ready. You are dialed in, for sure. I'm hoping to catch as much of the livestream as possible.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Do you think the way you feel now compared to the last meet could be due to running with RPE ?? Pretty eye-opening if so...
Go Away

I was using RPE going into my last meet so I don't think so.

I really wanted to hit an elite total last meet, even though it was just kind of a testing/prep meet for RUM. So I honestly think that I put too much stress on myself because I was so focused on hitting certain numbers and I pretty much went into that meet knowing that I was going to pretty much blow out the competition which I did. Basically I just wanted to show off.

This time around I approached training alot differently, at the start of this cycle I went into training just having fun just to kind of loosen up if you will. Then after a few weeks I switched to "Stop ****ing around" mode, where I started to take training seriously and trusting that POB's program was going to get me ready to hit big numbers regardless of what they actually turn out to be. Plus the fact that I am going to be competing against some of the strongest 165lb lifters in the country is added motivation to keep my head straight and get stronger.

You definitely are ready. You are dialed in, for sure. I'm hoping to catch as much of the livestream as possible.

Thanks chris! I'm feeling really good about this meet, keep an eye out for the 165 class lol

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Nice squats, 3M. Out of curiosity, are you comfortable lifting without the headphones? I think you will do great at the meet. Just don't let it get to your head.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Excellent brother!!! I was watching carefully.

I had a vid taken of my squat and it shows my legs from behind from the knees down. It told the coach everything he needed to know.

Yours looks great!!!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Nice squats, 3M. Out of curiosity, are you comfortable lifting without the headphones? I think you will do great at the meet. Just don't let it get to your head.
danielrh
Thanos bro. And yeah I'm pretty comfortable without headphones I just prefer to train with them to drown out the surrounding noise. Meet day I get tunnel vision and don't see or hear anything else besides the weight in front of me.

Excellent brother!!! I was watching carefully.

I had a vid taken of my squat and it shows my legs from behind from the knees down. It told the coach everything he needed to know.

Yours looks great!!!

[USER=22669]Bullmuscle7

Thanks brother!

Normally I record from the side but therected were some stuff in the way that I didn't feel like moving so I decided to record from behind.

The weight felt light and moved fast, that's always a great feeling.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I can't find the roster online, but I'm going to guess you will be battling against the usuals: Conyers, Perryman, Nguyen, and Roselli, right? Can't wait to watch you guys go at it!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
I can't find the roster online, but I'm going to guess you will be battling against the usuals: Conyers, Perryman, Nguyen, and Roselli, right? Can't wait to watch you guys go at it!

UncleAl

No actually the only people that I recognize are Nguyen, and Keough. I believe Perryman recently joined the army and will be leaving for bootcamp, and Conyers isnt competing. Would have been really cool to have all those guys there though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic