Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Regulating blood pressure on cycle

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Graniteman has pretty much hit every nail right on the head. I would just like to add one or two things. First, I don't understand why people automatically assume that because something is herbal/OTC it's harmless and a drug (which are typically just a refined form of chems found in herbs).

Okay the wife is a little pissy so I'll cut this short. Enalapril - that's an ACE inhibitor that f*ckin works period. ACE-I's IMO actually improve your health. They have a protective effect on the kidneys (unless you already have some significant kidney damage), the help prevent diastolic HF. They decrease water retention. Decrease aldosterone levels which means you hold onto less sodium and also result in some vasodilation. I also like a little beta blocker at bedtime. Reduces anxiety... more later.

P

Pugsybugs

Sep 20, 2013
Just an update. i had a visit with my lady doc yesterday and it went just as i predicted. bp was 134/70 and she wants me to log it until my full physical feb 10th. I believe i have two options from here. 1. should i lower my test dose to a high maintenance for the physical and if so, what is that dose for prop and how far ahead of time should i start to achieve believable levels. or 2. just have her forgo total and free test in her testing. anyone have experience with this?

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I'd just not get the test levels checked personally. And 134/70 isn't really high. Nothing to be concerned about if it comes down to a normal range when you go off cycle. If my BP was always 134 or higher I might get on a very low dose of lisinopril, but being that high for 12 weeks or so isn't a big deal. When you're sleeping it's probably 120 or lower. Do as your doc says and log it until your physical and if it stays up there you might get on a low dose ACE-I.

Get a CBC and a CMP for the blood test. Make sure your Hgb and Hct aren't high, kidney function is good and your liver enzymes are fine. IMO too many people get to caught up and concerned with their hormone levels and don't pay enough attention to those things. Might get a PSA too.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic