Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

RAIDENS' 12 week program

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
RPE's are hard to use for someone who is not experienced imo. Mike T.'s program uses RPE's and I've toyed with the idea of making this the next progression in SST but I'm not sure. I like having a % knowing things may not always be rosy... I may not have gotten enough sleep, enough food, etc.. but I have to hit the number no matter what. I like how it takes fatigue into account (which is a very advanced concept). I'll probably use it for all my assisting lifts.

I'm glad to see you starting a log here and getting your feet wet in the strength training world.

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
RPE's are hard to use for someone who is not experienced imo. Mike T.'s program uses RPE's and I've toyed with the idea of making this the next progression in SST but I'm not sure. I like having a % knowing things may not always be rosy... I may not have gotten enough sleep, enough food, etc.. but I have to hit the number no matter what. I like how it takes fatigue into account (which is a very advanced concept). I'll probably use it for all my assisting lifts.

I'm glad to see you starting a log here and getting your feet wet in the strength training world.

Thanks BI, I appreciate the support! The RPE concept is a good idea imo, I've never trained like that, so it's a huge welcome.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

You have had plenty of days where shit is just sour and you skip some of the lifts because you know I can't hit xxx on squat today. RPE might help there.

If you decide to try and put that together I am happy to help. I think it would benefit you.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You have had plenty of days where shit is just sour and you skip some of the lifts because you know I can't hit xxx on squat today. RPE might help there.

If you decide to try and put that together I am happy to help. I think it would benefit you.

That is very true... A good example of that was just this week. The extra singles are my icing and my triples were my "gun to my head.. I better get it" which is why no matter what I did them. I'll talk to ya about it and perhaps that would be the wisest next step for my training.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
And good to see you (Raiden) taking the plunge and lifting for strength. Nothing more satisfying then making a bar bend to your will.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
And good to see you (Raiden) taking the plunge and lifting for strength. Nothing more satisfying then making a bar bend to your will.
Thanks man. My numbers are nowhere near most of you strong bastards, but it's a start lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks man. My numbers are nowhere near most of you strong bastards, but it's a start lol.
I could barely bench 225 when I started my log here. I dont think I even trained legs lol

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I could barely bench 225 when I started my log here. I dont think I even trained legs lol

Whats leg training.......

Get it raiden. Youve made the plunge with the log, yave the backing and support, now its up to you to 0ut in the work. Looking forward to seeing you out of your comfort zone and, making tremendous gains

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Whats leg training.......

Get it raiden. Youve made the plunge with the log, yave the backing and support, now its up to you to 0ut in the work. Looking forward to seeing you out of your comfort zone and, making tremendous gains
Thanks bro, hope I can get a 405 front squat like you one day...shiiiiiit.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Yeah Raiden. Me and POB and Bull were talking about you at the gym when Bull came out to train. I told them I thought you would hit the program hard...

Prove me right....

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Yeah Raiden. Me and POB and Bull were talking about you at the gym when Bull came out to train. I told them I thought you would hit the program hard...

Prove me right....
Yes sir, I will make ya'll proud!

Week one, Day 2

Went to gym after I got out of school at noon, after working last night, and being up all day sunday. My work week starts Sunday night. Here is where the RPE comes into play I believe, feeling about @ 8.5 whole workout, fatigued, being up over 24hrs, then hitting gym kinda sucked, but I did it anyways.

Bench press 300lbs 3 sets, 5 reps - 275lbs 2 sets, 5 reps
( I felt my wrist buckle on my 3rd set at 300lbs, scared the shit out of me thinking I might dump the bar with no spotter, so I lightened it a bit.) Started to get fatigued after 4th set, felt like a ton on the bar.

DB press 70lbs 10x10

Lats- (lat pull downs close grip underhand) 185lbs 5x7

Triceps- push downs small bar 50lbs 5x15

Done. Gonna try and get some sleep before I do it all again tomorrow... minus the gym.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I am impressed and that bench is huge.

But....no sleep and that impressive weight is a little iffy. No squashed Raiden please.

You are excited and strong. Be excited, strong and careful.

I'm seriously impressed!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic