Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

RAIDENS' 12 week program

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
First and foremost I want to give a huge thanks to PoB and Bullmuscle for the opportunity to run a program by PoB, and get some guidance on some new training. Thank you guys.

This log will be updated on days I lift, maybe days I dont, and b.s. here and there. Working with a full plate as far as life, family, work, school and training, so I promise to do my best to keep this up to date and make ya'll proud of my Oreo, McFlurry, M&M's, red velvet cake, brownie, ice cream eating ass. Thanks for the support and following along!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
I'm kinda excited for this and I think you should definitely get the Caitlyn Jenner courage award for 2016!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Red Velvet Cake!!!

I'm excited for you Raiden!!! You have been a good supporter.

Just enjoy your log. When you are busy it can be quick but when you have time yack here and come in the other logs!

Great to have you brother!!!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Day one, week one

Squats 10 sets x 2 reps 210lbs
(I think I might have went a Lil too much weight for the beginning of this program, @PillarofBallance was it supposed to be 60% of max? That would of put me with way less weight, so I threw it up to 210 just for some extra weight. I'm thinking since it's the start of program, you don't want anything semi heavy, just get used to the movement?)

Split squats 10x10 each leg, 25lb dbs.
(These really exploited my weakness in terms of balance. I was a noodle trying g to stay upright after I switched to right leg. Right leg is really unstable compared to left leg, got pissed off bcuz I kept falling to my side lol)

Hammy curls 5x15 70lbs
(Was happy to do these, as my quads had taken a good beating already)

Hyper extensions, bodyweight 5x10

Cable curls 4x12 60lbs, slow contraction

Done.

Did some stretches before the workout that PoB recommend for my lower back, and had no issues through the workout, REALLY glad, those helped out tremendously. Time for sushi, then ice cream, yeeeah buddy!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Forgot to mention, I can throw in accessory movements such as bicep curls and other things. So my plan is, if I do lower body like today with legs, I will do one or two upper body movements, and vice versa for lower body.

Also forgot to note, this program is designed for 3 days a week, as I am limited on time for the gym. So u might notice I'm only hitting it 3x a week... for now. If I do get a 4th day, I'll see what PoB wants me to do for that day.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Day one, week one

Squats 10 sets x 2 reps 210lbs
(I think I might have went a Lil too much weight for the beginning of this program, @PillarofBallance was it supposed to be 60% of max? That would of put me with way less weight, so I threw it up to 210 just for some extra weight. I'm thinking since it's the start of program, you don't want anything semi heavy, just get used to the movement?)

Split squats 10x10 each leg, 25lb dbs.
(These really exploited my weakness in terms of balance. I was a noodle trying g to stay upright after I switched to right leg. Right leg is really unstable compared to left leg, got pissed off bcuz I kept falling to my side lol)

Hammy curls 5x15 70lbs
(Was happy to do these, as my quads had taken a good beating already)

Hyper extensions, bodyweight 5x10

Cable curls 4x12 60lbs, slow contraction

Done.

Did some stretches before the workout that PoB recommend for my lower back, and had no issues through the workout, REALLY glad, those helped out tremendously. Time for sushi, then ice cream, yeeeah buddy!
Your program is not based on percent of 1rm. It's based on RPE which I explained. If you are unclear about it let me know and I will try and explain further.

Having said that and RPE 6 should be light. You are simply focusing on being as fast as humanly possible. The bar should be coming off your back at the top you come up so fast.

Based on your max though 210 was probably over the RPE of 6. Something like 185 would have been better.

RPE can be tough. You don't want to overshoot but you don't want to be a bitch either. It's advantage though is I can regulate your fatigue closely and you can auto regulate it as well by choosing your weights.

If I tell you to do 6 triples at 85% and you were up late working on a paper for school and maybe didn't eat enough what the heck do you do when you can't do 85% for a double? In comes rpe. If it's an 8 it's an 8.
Forgot to mention, I can throw in accessory movements such as bicep curls and other things. So my plan is, if I do lower body like today with legs, I will do one or two upper body movements, and vice versa for lower body.

Also forgot to note, this program is designed for 3 days a week, as I am limited on time for the gym. So u might notice I'm only hitting it 3x a week... for now. If I do get a 4th day, I'll see what PoB wants me to do for that day.
The extra workout I listed is really meant for when you can get in a 4th day. Doing a few sets like you described here is cool too. But when you have a 4th day go in and hit those muscles I listed for a pump.

All things considered this program will give you what you are able to put into it. Bust ass and you will see big gains. Do the minimum and you will still grow and get stronger. So it's all about pushing yourself and knowing your limits.

You have all our support though. Whatever you need just hit me up.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ahhh ok, got it now. Yeah, now that I know I am going for speed on the squats @ 6, I will do just that, makes sense. Maybe I will try that one again, or see if it's in the program again. 4th day workout I understand that too now.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Raiden, I have balance issues. I do my Bulgarians next to a squat rack so I can hold on with one hand and have a dumbbell in the other. Otherwise it is futile for me.

You are doing great here! Good lift!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic