Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Question about Traps

Canecorso

Canecorso

Jun 3, 2011
stop counting reps and go with the feeling of the muscles....slow deep reps! compound movement reverse
shrugs play with your hands placement on the bar.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
deads, power-cleans are awesome!! rack-pulls, dumbbell and barbell shrugs, traps are one hell of a powerful muscle, keep them guessing, throw the kitchen sink in. wait 6 months, you will look like you have mountains holding your head up. variety of rep ranges, squeeze, dont roll your shoulders!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
As obvious as this sounds trap bar deadlifts are good if you have access to one. I dont get to use one much but I do heavy deadlifts and for a girl my traps are pretty decent.

Which are really more of a squat than deadlifts and allow some real heavy loading. Most commercial gyms lack the trap bar due to cost but we have 1 and I use it alot. Great suggestion.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I created mine with high rep shrugs. Mostly on the Hammer Strength shrug but I also like Smith shrugs with a closer grip. I don't even train them directly anymore because they're so developed.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
people ego train their traps, thinking they can do tons of weight. I see these fat guys in the gym all the time loading plates on the bar and shrugging 405+. They bearly move it and are swinging 100% of the time. Use moderate to heavy weight and SQUEEZE at the top. If you're not squeezing at the top, then what's the point?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Power Snatches and Power Cleans are great imho but since most people don't have access to the proper equipment to perform those lifts I would suggest Snatch & Clean Pulls and Snatch & Clean High Pulls. Deads and their variations are also great trap building tools.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Power Snatches and Power Cleans are great imho but since most people don't have access to the proper equipment to perform those lifts I would suggest Snatch & Clean Pulls and Snatch & Clean High Pulls. Deads and their variations are also great trap building tools.

I'd like to update this.... no one should be snatching if they're not an Oly lifter. Doesn't matter the catch position... ie. muscle, power, or squat.

Instead perform snatch pulls and snatch high pulls from differing start positions... ie. floor, blocks, and hang.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My traps have grown nicely with deadlifts and overhead presses.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
What I use with all my clients that I developed years back that works like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:
wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah, I was also going to suggest Lilly shrugs.:sorry:

:) :):) lol - Awesome, I hear he has a new energy drink too.. monster.jpg

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
What I use with all my clients that I developed years back that works like a charm.
I remember you showing those to me years ago when I asked you about your trap routine after watching them engulf the bar while you squatted 315x15 with no hands. I've used them ever since, and now I can wear my "Traps are the new abs" tee shirt with credibility. Thanks, buddy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic