Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Question about Traps

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I remember you showing those to me years ago when I asked you about your trap routine after watching them engulf the bar while you squatted 315x15 with no hands. I've used them ever since, and now I can wear my "Traps are the new abs" tee shirt with credibility. Thanks, buddy.

Al!!! What's up :) Almost didn't realize it was you!! Great to see you here. Def miss seeing you in the gym... Up the road at a new gym. Any chances you are coming back this way anytime soon? If so, lmk!

Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
Deadlifts and yates rows. Every so often I'll do shrugs in the standing calf machine for something different.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Yeah....deads are great..and I feel great work using smith machine and a reverse grip..medium weight and ship load of reps

built1st

built1st

Aug 13, 2015
Definitely rack pulls has been helping lately.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
Deads are definitely good.. I usually do 4-5 sets of BB shrugs. usually heavy as I can 6-8 reps. Sometimes switch it up and do some high rep light weight to get the nice stretch and squeeze.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
Definitely rack pulls has been helping lately.

We got guys at our gym that do these out of straight ego and have bent a few bars. Started pissing the owner off since they would just drop them after the last rep.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Ben Pakulski has an interesting seated row variation where you lean back, lock yourself in that position (about 120-140 degrees) and row with the meat of your traps. Take a look at the muscle from a scientific viewpoint. It's a big muscle and looks almost like a stingray. Work the whole muscle, not just the top.

I tried them the other day and two days later my traps were fried from the top to the inferior portion. That bottom part being sore was a really weird feeling. My traps are decent so I'm not really giving advice, just opening up the door for more discussion.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ben Pakulski has an interesting seated row variation where you lean back, lock yourself in that position (about 120-140 degrees) and row with the meat of your traps. Take a look at the muscle from a scientific viewpoint. It's a big muscle and looks almost like a stingray. Work the whole muscle, not just the top.

I tried them the other day and two days later my traps were fried from the top to the inferior portion. That bottom part being sore was a really weird feeling. My traps are decent so I'm not really giving advice, just opening up the door for more discussion.

Ben Pak is pretty sharp. Dude knows his stuff.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Ben Pak is pretty sharp. Dude knows his stuff.
Used some of his muscle activation techniques on a hypertrophy back day and was dumb sore for days. Will be trying those on bench days - did hamstring stuff today and it was nice. Legs are pumped all over and that rarely happens when I squat and pull.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic