Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Question About Elbow Sleeves

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I've had mine for 6 years..best $55 dollars I have ever spent.

My suggestion to you, unless you fluctuate size often, buy them tight (look at the sizing chart) I bought 2 pair, one is 2xl I believe and I lost about 20lbs now that I am off AAS and they are loose and are nowhere near as effective. I use my old XL pair and they are amazing. I use the 2xl on my knees during heavy squats now.

The tighter you can get get them before you pull the velcro down, the more they will assist you.

I really like the way these look. They look reeeeeallly supportive. I just didn't want to spend more than $25 right now since its my first pair.

I've heard nothing but positives from the Inzer elbow sleeves and knee sleeves though

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
Very true especially for those of us who use a very close grip when holding the bar. Most don't do enough shoulder prehab/mobility to squat with a close grip.

I cannot squat with a close grip. What should be done to increase shoulder mobility?

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
I just bought my second pair of Inzer elbow sleeves, they are great when doing those last heavy sets.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
evn if you don't have immediate access to Kelly's book, he has a mobility WOD channel on youtube that can answer tons of your questions if you search for them. Just search for Kelly Starett mobility and then the part you want to work on; Shoulders, hamstrings, hips, squat, etc.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I use elite fts heavy elbow sleeves I have 18 inch arms flexed and I have the 2xl... Love em

Also only 30$

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I've had mine for 6 years..best $55 dollars I have ever spent.

My suggestion to you, unless you fluctuate size often, buy them tight (look at the sizing chart) I bought 2 pair, one is 2xl I believe and I lost about 20lbs now that I am off AAS and they are loose and are nowhere near as effective. I use my old XL pair and they are amazing. I use the 2xl on my knees during heavy squats now.

The tighter you can get get them before you pull the velcro down, the more they will assist you.

Def buy them a lil tight, they take for friggin ever to get and twice as long if you have to send them back. I have a back up pair of Crusher sleeves from liftinlarge

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I use elite fts heavy elbow sleeves I have 18 inch arms flexed and I have the 2xl... Love em

Also only 30$

I went to Academy today and tried on a pair of elbow sleeves. They were Large.

They felt pretty nice. Not too tight but not real loose. There was only and I want a pair.

My arms are about 17 inches.... I don't know what my forearms measure.

I think I'm gonna order these.... They seem like a great deal.

Should I get a large or XL? Also, how tight should they feel?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I had a pair of sleeves, the elastic ones kinda sucked because once you start your set, and should they loosen it will/can screw with your concentration, try westyinmans advice i would say and try adjustables.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I ordered the Elite FTS Heavy Sleeves. They came in today. I ordered a 2XL but I think I may have to send them back for 3XL pair.

They're pretty snug and when I bend my elbow it feels like co get a little pop from them. I don't want any assistance I just want them to be snug.

I'm thinking I need to send them back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic