Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Question about Deadlifts

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know what you're trying to say and although I don't know the specifics of the procedures you do, I'm trained in a fair bit of medical on the human side so I've seen surgeries, done stitches etc. I get the general concept. I know what you mean by not overusing the aggravated joint I'm just saying the stronger the muscles the more support the joint gets and the less said weak joint will hurt. It's the same in any animal as I'm sure you know that's why I was saying I'm not talking about not using straps as that would be heavy unneeded stress for you, I'm thinking more along the lines of work with bands. As for ROM, I'm not sure of the ROM you use for your work as most of the movements I have seen actually use limited ROM which aggravates the condition, stretch them as you can. Occupational overuse injuries suck, it's good that you are using a brace as needed and massage may also help for what it's worth.

after my reply i have been consciously thinking when i use my hands and how much force etc i am using. i know what you mean in regards to muscle strength and how it helps the joint. it stabilizes it so that it keeps it where it is supposed to be. it is something that i recommend often to clients for horses with poor conformation. increase muscle and it is going to support the joint. my grip strength is pretty good, my problem is that my ability to hold it for any period of time is compromised. it hurts and when it starts to hurt then i dont want to do it any more :eek:

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Doesn't everyone use their hands all day at work?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic