Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Playing With Slin

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Your protocol looks ok. I prefer log when doing multipal insulin injections per day. In out really fast, no bs.

I love the mandatory posts about how slin is not a toy and will kill you.

Look into using 2 types of slin. Maybe get some Lin U/Lantus and Log combo.

I was thinking about using N, It peaks about 6-8 hours later and then im not sure after im still looking into it so I wont use it till i know how to properly dose it and time it. The short acting esters are easy. Be nice if u could just be on slin all day and high carb low fat high protein it through the whole day lol.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
I use log, mutliple times a day now. I get a weird insulin spike at the 3 hour mark everytime, so anyone who says its out in about 90 minutes is dead wrong lol.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I use log, mutliple times a day now. I get a weird insulin spike at the 3 hour mark everytime, so anyone who says its out in about 90 minutes is dead wrong lol.

I didn't see where someone said log would be out in 90 minutes but I concur. Log peaks @ 60 - 90 minutes, so quite the contrary.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010

Everyday????

D

Dr.V.P.C.

Jun 15, 2013
Always eat first , and then shot the humalog.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

I am so glad you posted this! I started humalog this week, on thursday and Friday, and both times I went hypo at the 3-3.5 hour mark too and have no idea why. Pre workout I had yams, chicken breasts and a half banana, then 7iu of slin PWO, 50g of dex/malto with whey, then in an hour, had 70g of carbs from rice and some more chicken breasts. I did NOT expect to go hypo from that. Perhaps rice is still to high GI? I want to experiment a little with lower GI carbs that last meal that the humalog is still active and see if that helps. Maybe red potatoes?

I think Red Rocket meant that the peak is over in 90 mins and that you shouldn't have any sudden drops in blood sugars. I did, however, read that you aren't "in the clear" for 4 hours total though, so I was prepared for he crash. It wasn't bad, only knocked me down to 56, nothing dangerous, it just sucks because you end up with a headache and drained for the day.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am so glad you posted this! I started humalog this week, on thursday and Friday, and both times I went hypo at the 3-3.5 hour mark too and have no idea why. Pre workout I had yams, chicken breasts and a half banana, then 7iu of slin PWO, 50g of dex/malto with whey, then in an hour, had 70g of carbs from rice and some more chicken breasts. I did NOT expect to go hypo from that. Perhaps rice is still to high GI? I want to experiment a little with lower GI carbs that last meal that the humalog is still active and see if that helps. Maybe red potatoes?

I think Red Rocket meant that the peak is over in 90 mins and that you shouldn't have any sudden drops in blood sugars. I did, however, read that you aren't "in the clear" for 4 hours total though, so I was prepared for he crash. It wasn't bad, only knocked me down to 56, nothing dangerous, it just sucks because you end up with a headache and drained for the day.

When you say PWO, do you mean pre or post?

You are going to be way more sensitive to it in the beginning from my experience. A better number to begin with is 3 or 4ius.

Don't experiment with moderate to slow carbs in the beginning. This is a feeling out phase for you. Run fast carbs at the beginning and don't be afraid to run them a little high until your body gets used to it. Start high then work your way down.

Better safe than sorry.

I don't always run fast carbs after the first spike but I know what to expect now in regards to injesting carbs. I don't go over 10iu per inject either but I will inject pre and post.

I have made the most progress that way but it's dangerous because of the two different spike timings. I use R.

Are you injecting IM or sub-q?

HDH

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
When you say PWO, do you mean pre or post?

You are going to be way more sensitive to it in the beginning from my experience. A better number to begin with is 3 or 4ius.

Don't experiment with moderate to slow carbs in the beginning. This is a feeling out phase for you. Run fast carbs at the beginning and don't be afraid to run them a little high until your body gets used to it. Start high then work your way down.

Better safe than sorry.

I don't always run fast carbs after the first spike but I know what to expect now in regards to injesting carbs. I don't go over 10iu per inject either but I will inject pre and post.

I have made the most progress that way but it's dangerous because of the two different spike timings. I use R.

Are you injecting IM or sub-q?

HDH

Sorry, I should have clarified. My dex/malto and whey shake 10 mins from pinning will stay the same. My thought was for the 1 hour mark meal.

I did IM the first time, but Subcu the second, post workout. First day was 5iu (IM), the second day was 7iu (subcu). Not really any reason for doing that, just didn't feel like doing subcu the first shot.

Last edited:
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Sorry, I should have clarified. My dex/malto and whey shake 10 mins form pinning will stay the same. My thought was for the 1 hour mark meal.

I did IM the first time, but Subcu the second. First day was 5iu (IM), the second day was 7iu (subcu). Not really any reason for doing that, just didn't feel like doing subcu the first shot.

If you went hypo on 5iu the first day, probably not a good idea to go higher the next.

Did you try to add extra carbs the second day around hour 3 since you went hypo the day before and increased the dose?

Personally, I go sub-q but it's because I want the R to run through faster.

It looks like you are doing fine except for the unexpected. Unfortunately, it's the unexpected that will get you with this stuff.

HDH

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
If you went hypo on 5iu the first day, probably not a good idea to go higher the next.

Did you try to add extra carbs the second day around hour 3 since you went hypo the day before and increased the dose?

Personally, I go sub-q but it's because I want the R to run through faster.

It looks like you are doing fine except for the unexpected. Unfortunately, it's the unexpected that will get you with this stuff.

HDH

I have a glucometer...scratch that, I took one of my wife's glucometers, and I still had still left with my to eat in case I went hypo. Within mins of going hypo, I was back to normal range because of the foods I had with me, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

I didn't go hypo with the 5iu at the 3 hour mark. I thought IM went through faster. Will have to look that one up again.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013

You went way low on the dex/malto... at least 10g per iu. It's nice to have some glucose tabs around. When you feel hypo, just suck on one.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You went way low on the dex/malto... at least 10g per iu. It's nice to have some glucose tabs around. When you feel hypo, just suck on one.

The malto/dex was fine. 10 is just a general guideline for someone just starting. By the three hour mark, the dex/malto is cleared from the system, regardless of the amount you consumed, so that's not the problem.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic