PainTrain

Jan 19, 2014
Champion
I'll take that advise on board and check out the links

I'll take you up on the pm cheers bro

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
you don't seem friendly so have fun alone in your gym you nerd you must be a rich nerd loner probably pick up hookers real dudes train in a gym and put the smack down yo recognize chump

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
you don't seem friendly so have fun alone in your gym you nerd you must be a rich nerd loner probably pick up hookers real dudes train in a gym and put the smack down yo recognize chump

I am going to assume you are joking

I'll take my training group in the shop vs the public gym with a bunch if irritatants running around any day

nutnless220

nutnless220

Apr 13, 2012

Real dudes use grammar and punctuation.
And can speak and write so that they can be understood.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?
I didn't hear you, I was having fun getting big in my Gym by myself. Because I don't have any other interest.
I'm not rich by any means. If I was rich, would I be in an unheated storage unit in the winter and a sweatbox in the summers?
But I have worked hard for what I have. And I'm not done yet.

If lifting isn't important enough to you to purchase tools and equipment, what's that to me?
If I needed another reason to train by myself, thanks for supplying it.
There's always one in every crowd.

Enjoy your stay here, there is a lot of valuable info to be gleaned.

Z

zodd

Mar 2, 2014
Y es i was joking , and i wanted to see what would be more offensive my writing or comments.I seem to realize now that writing style and grammar hold more value .When i first posted ,i had a issue i didn't use the best writing , i admit but i just got angry offensive remarks to the effect that because my writing wasn't perfect i would receive no help .I really don't care i solved my issue no thanks to the wonderful folks that must be Harvard grads , see i even put the h in capitals for all you kooks , seriously wtf is wrong with people here. Anyway congrats on the gym , i agree too many weirdos and other issues in gyms unless yu are lucky enough to live by a old school gym. I have a couple 45 minutes away.I read a good comment that stated if lifting is your life and passion is a hour drive not worth the knowledge and gains you will make training in a real gym . I agree ,i hope my grammar and sentence structure was ok ,maybe its that I'm not offended by those that don't write well , i must be the minority . Take care!

nutnless220

nutnless220

Apr 13, 2012
Added a magnum incline and a legend shoulder bench.

Time to start looking for a bigger space...

Last edited:
Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
That's looking good I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems finding a couple folks to share the expense of a larger space if you ever considered that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Gstack has a point. If you have friends who you trust.... you could all go on a bigger space and than you'd also have some training partners. Some very famous gyms like NGBB was nothing more than a storage unit facility and look who it turned out.

nutnless220

nutnless220

Apr 13, 2012
I'm trying to get a core group of about 10 people to start lifting together or in groups.
My thinking is, if I can't get them to come and lift regularly when it's free, they won't carry the ball when they have to pay.
My model I'd like to follow is somewhat like the west side or super training gyms.
Small group of dedicated lifters, not interested in selling tons of memberships.
I've started looking at other small warehouses. Real ones with a bathroom.
And still buying more equipment as it becomes available at a good price.
If I find the right place I'll move in and live in a separate portion of the space.
I think the key to a successful gym is slow sustainable growth and no or very little debt.
I seen other guys pull it off, I know I can. Just gonna take some time.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Nice, plus I bet some hardcore lifters might even have some of there own equipment they would like to bring over.. Platform, specialty bars, etc... I've seen some simple plans online for a platform calls for 5 4x8 sheets of plywood and some rubber mats..

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Platforms are easy to make and you don't have to use five sheets of plywood. You can use 2 and and 2x4's. I've done it more than once and it works well. Rubber mats are nice to use as the runners.

Slow growth is the key nut. Sounds like you have a good idea.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic