Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty getting boot

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The Chick fil owner did a bit more then just state his opinion.
He donated a lot of money to very anti gay organizations.

Yup, that was the other false rumor. He gave food to a Christian organization for a banquet.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If you don't want to know what a 67 year old Bayou dwelling drunk really feels then DON'T FUKKING ASK HIM!

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
If you don't want to know what a 67 year old Bayou dwelling drunk really feels then DON'T FUKKING ASK HIM!

Drunk? Off of what tea? Never seen him drinking.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Oh and by the way, that family is fake.....they're actors, FYI.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The freedom of speech argument its totally bullshit.

You dont have freedom of speech on private property.
A&E is a business making business decisions. If they are good ones can be debated but personally I think this one is a huge mistake.

The really dumb thing here is that Duck dynasty is a reality show.
What Phil says its a part of that same reality. Why would they mess with that.
It seems A&E is trying to please a very small group of their viewers by pissing off the rest.

I agree. This is not about censorship, but it is about using good judgment.

A&E can do whatever it wants within the scope of their contract with the Robertsons, and the Robertsons can do as well.

As a viewer, we can also make our choices. Quite frankly, if A&E sticks to this moronic stance based on pressure from the gay community, then I'll simply choose to no longer watch anything on that station, and let them know it.

Depending on the contract Duck Dynasty has with A&E, if they could threaten to leave and get picked up by another network, you'll see A&E change their tune in hurry.

I'd encourage people to read the interview and see for themselves whether he was bigoted. He was asked a question about homosexuality and he answered it. I respect a guy that speaks his mind honestly, and I would respect a network that has the balls to respect a man who speaks his mind. But that was a different age, a different America.....

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Yup, that was the other false rumor. He gave food to a Christian organization for a banquet.

Another thing that was so wrong with some of the Chick Fil-A protesters is that some went beyond just protesting and boycotting and actually started trying to misuse their political weight to directly harm and destroy the business by trying to deny them the right to open up in certain cities - just because of their religious beliefs and political stance on gay marriage.

I've said here before that I don't personally think Chick Fil-A is doing themselves a big favor business-wise by being open about their beliefs on the subject, and I'm not personally religious nor against gay marriage myself, although I do respect others' rights to such beliefs. But if the Chick Fil-A owner and Mr. Robertson were both radical muslims (who REALLY have a problem with gays) speaking out openly this way, there would be no action from the network and no such political hardball from politicians. Instead there would be cries of "tolerance" from the network and the politicians.

Our governor issued a statement on the Duck Dynasty situation:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/bobby-jindal-duck-dynasty-101330.html

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
They're real people with a real business that started over 40 years ago and made them many very real millions of dollars before they ever started their tv series. I'm sure the actual show is scripted at least somewhat just like all the rest of the "reality tv" shows.

And it looks like it may actually turn out to be a pretty good publicity stunt. :D

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012

Can you post a cite for that?

The owner donated millions to Winshape foundation.
Winshape gave both the Marriage and Family group and The family research council over two million bucks.

The Southern poverty law center lists the latter as a hate group.

I have yet to see anything that disputes this but I miss a shit load of stuff :)

Just did a google search and is pretty clear that they donated to Winshape.
its reflected on their tax form 990.

Last edited:
matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Who cares what he thinks? It's stupid to ban him. He sure seems to think a lot on out dudes assholes though. Also kinda weird that he talked about Beastility at length since you know he spends so much time with animals...

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Sorry that your white trash values are losing the culture war. Again.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry that your white trash values are losing the culture war. Again.

What makes it "white trash"? Please explain your logic and not spew hate rhetoric, if you can.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic