Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty getting boot

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
We'll the show without him will just be dumb. He is one of my fav on the show. Also I'm sure if he goes for sure Kay goes to.

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
We're a nation dominated by hypersensitivity. Everyone who has thick skin is a part of a dying breed. That is the man's opinion, if people don't like it they shouldn't watch his show. The producers over at A&E are wimps. I hope the entire family sticks up for the father and refuses to participate in the show without him.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Ridiculous, but not illegal. Screw TV in general.

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I say we ban all gay pride parades that even remotely display any sexual nature. It's highly offensive.

The best part is, this is yet another example of someone asking him a question, knowing what the answer will be, knowing they won't like it, but ask it anyway. He gives his answer, shit blows up. Go **** yourself with shit like that. Same thing happened with Chic Fil A. They asked him what his feelings were about gay marriage. THEY ASKED HIM! He replied that he believed in traditional marriage. Bam, he's now a gay hater, they wanted the franchise shut down, wanted him pulled out etc. There is all kinds of media outlets out there that have lied about other things the Chil Fil A owner has said as well. I was listening to the radio the other day and the host kept saying "Why would you go there knowing they hate gays!? He wants them all dead!!" Oh brother...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
what exactly did he say?

See below:

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine," he later added. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Screw TV in general.

Pretty much. Never heard of the dude or his show.

Had to google to find out who the **** he is and what he said and what the show was about.

Duck Dynasty? Assumed it was about a Chinese food restaurant. Nope.

Story is all over the internet. I'm not even sure how it's news.

Almost as bad as all the hoopla over some dog dying on some cartoon show a few weeks ago.

Why the **** is this shit on CNN???

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I am sure there are missing parts to that quote above. What they seem to be missing in there when there is a break is they probably asked him to be more specific and then they got that second reply.

By the way the CEO of Starbucks without even being asked stated anybody who believes in traditional marriage is not welcome in Starbucks. And other words he hates Christians and that's okay

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
It's bad business in general to alienate any significant segment of your market or those who sympathize with them.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
dude is 60, white, lived in the backwoods his entire life, and god fearing. What did they expect from him? Hear what he says about California in a few episodes, it doesn't shock me what he thinks about homo's. Who cares! That's one mans belief. Just because speech is unpopular, doesn't mean it should be censored or he should be punished for it. He did what people in the media don't do, is be yourself and tell the truth.

Oh and **** GQ for publishing it. They knew the backlash that was coming and sold that shit anyway.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I say we ban all gay pride parades that even remotely display any sexual nature. It's highly offensive.

The best part is, this is yet another example of someone asking him a question, knowing what the answer will be, knowing they won't like it, but ask it anyway. He gives his answer, shit blows up. Go **** yourself with shit like that. Same thing happened with Chic Fil A. They asked him what his feelings were about gay marriage. THEY ASKED HIM! He replied that he believed in traditional marriage. Bam, he's now a gay hater, they wanted the franchise shut down, wanted him pulled out etc. There is all kinds of media outlets out there that have lied about other things the Chil Fil A owner has said as well. I was listening to the radio the other day and the host kept saying "Why would you go there knowing they hate gays!? He wants them all dead!!" Oh brother...

The Chick fil owner did a bit more then just state his opinion.
He donated a lot of money to very anti gay organizations.
The public responded by boycotting the establishment.
This is not even remotely close to the same situation as with Phil.

A&E has built a brand and they are protecting their brand, just picking the wrong battle to fight.
Also, he did not say this on the show, the interview was with someone else.
I am certain he got certain provisions in his contract and violated them.
This like when the NFL guys get shit for using racial or gay slurs.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So what if A&E is getting heat from that group, it's his opinion, and he's entitled to it.

Honestly, if he isn't allowed to speak freely and he's getting kicked off for sure, then the brothers should band together and say screw the show. Someone else will pick them up, and allow them to have there own opinions and stick up for the fact that everyone is entitled to that.

People need to start getting there back bone again. Stand up for yourself and your opinions.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic