Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Passenger forcibly removed from United Airlines flight

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I used to fly a lot and it does happen. Often times, the airline compensates you for your inconvenience. Whether its an upgrade to first class or free airfare. It sucks, but like several had said, there is usually a disclaimer advising those why fly that this is a possibility. What irritates me is all the other assholes that are shrieking and freaking out and using their cellphones to video this incident. I take exception to the one big mouth lady making such an issue stating it was not right. Maybe if she felt strongly, she should have given up her seat.

It's neither here no there, but I guess they dug up the doctor's past and his license was revoked for trading sex for prescription medications. Why that is relevant, I am not sure. In the end, he will get a settlement, but I still go back to compliance. Whether I get pulled over and ticketed, or it's something else, you do what your asked to do, and follow up with a complaint or etc. This would have never happened if he could have just did what they asked.

Or he could have taken what they gave him, probably rented a car or made them
I agree. I don't think he would win a suit. He should take whatever United offers as a settlement and move on. I'm suprised he didn't wind up getting arrested. Aviation is kind of weird limited authority police, but still. I hope he made it to Louisville to continue his important unlicensed Doctor day

I think probably the biggest issue besides boarding them all prior to ensuring they had the list of passengers trimmed down is the use of force. Obviously we don't get a real clear look of what happened. I'm not sure if he resisted a great deal or not. Either way, a physical confrontation in a plane is like fighting in a phone booth. Has anyone clarified if these were air marshals, special police officers or security. I would assume what is looming whether the doctor gets charged will be if he files suit for use of force. If he takes a settlement, I would bet it all goes away. I would be curious if charges were applied, they would be federal I assume.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Sorry Monsoon, this guy will win a lawsuit very easily.....He will then blow it on hookers and Canadian bacon

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Or he could have taken what they gave him, probably rented a car or made them

I think probably the biggest issue besides boarding them all prior to ensuring they had the list of passengers trimmed down is the use of force. Obviously we don't get a real clear look of what happened. I'm not sure if he resisted a great deal or not. Either way, a physical confrontation in a plane is like fighting in a phone booth. Has anyone clarified if these were air marshals, special police officers or security. I would assume what is looming whether the doctor gets charged will be if he files suit for use of force. If he takes a settlement, I would bet it all goes away. I would be curious if charges were applied, they would be federal I assume.

They are Chicago aviation police. Separate from regular Chicago PD but go through same academy. They are unarmed, but have tasers. Not sure who the plainclothes guy is. As far as use of force, like you said, a plane is a terrible place to have a fight. It's basically like a trespassing. The manager has requested and then told him to leave. He refused. The police were called and now have to remove him which he resists by holding onto the seat. Because he won't get up and walk they end up dragging him, he collides with obstacles and gets a bloody nose or lip.
The airline created the situation, they're responsible to an extent. But he created the exigency and the injury. Once they physically removed him, the dumbass goes running back onto the plane like he's going to take off or what? He opens himself up to possible federal charges of interfering with the flight.
Also going back and rewatching the video. There should have been waaaaaaay more force, eg. Someone should have slapped all the "oh my God." Bitches

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
It would have been better PR and less $$ that will be paid out.. you know they will pay something.. They should have put those employees on another plane, had other local people that where already at the destination or booked a private jet to take them.

Today everyone has a video camera in their pockets.. no one gets away with anything like this anymore.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I hope the 10mil they give this guy was worth the $1000.00 and free dinner at Bubba Gump it woulda cost them if they'd been slightly less cheap about the "incentives" to de-plane". To anyone supporting the use of force, let them do this shit to you on your way home with family some day...see how justified it is when you're selected for re-accommodating.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
None of this would have happened had they done this in the terminal. Who fills up a plane only to say "hey we need 4 seats"?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
None of this would have happened had they done this in the terminal. Who fills up a plane only to say "hey we need 4 seats"?
Agreed, the gate agent should have told the Lousiville crew to start walking.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
I can take it on the chin if I'm not on the plane yet.
Once I'm on, I'm on. Drag me off and beat me up is ok, though.
Time to take out my card, and call my favorite law firm: Dewey, Cheatum and Howe. :)
( Anyway, what's wrong with the guy trading drugs for sex?
I didn't get that part ?)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Anyway, what's wrong with the guy trading drugs for sex?
Story is he is a doctor and was giving prescription pain killers to a (male) patient in exchange for some luvin'. The patient had claimed the doctor tried to get him addicted so that the doctor had a steady source of said luvin'. But... its all just an attempt to smear a guy and has nothing to do with what happened on the jetplane.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If Dewey, Cheatum and Howe are overbooked, I've had good luck with Dover & Dover, husband and wife team, he's Ben, she's Eileen.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Story is he is a doctor and was giving prescription pain killers to a (male) patient in exchange for some luvin'. The patient had claimed the doctor tried to get him addicted so that the doctor had a steady source of said luvin'. But... its all just an attempt to smear a guy and has nothing to do with what happened on the jetplane.

sounds like the doctor may be a scumbag, but it has nothing to do with this case. I don't care if the same doctor has already gotten an underage atheist moose addicted to drugs for sex, all that matters is ticketing policies, de-boarding policies and how this all played out in the airport and the airplane.

I better not catch him anywhere near my dogs, however.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic