Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Over 40 Fitness Enthhusiast

B

Bioprof21

Nov 4, 2011
Hi all,

New to site. Been working out pretty regularly for about 2 years and made some good gains. Trying to bulk though. Like to run (prepping for a 10K at Thanksgiving) so trying to balance weghts and aerobic traininig. Like them both a lot though. Mostly doing this for me -- makes me feel good and elevates mood. Trying to be a good example to my kids too. I'm seriously allergic to red meat and pork, so diet is tricky, but fish and poultry are good. Can't do whey protein either -- but got some Sunwarrior brown rice protein powder and am trying it out currently.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Welcome to TID.Wow,those are some rough allergies.Sorry to hear it.Hopefully you can find a happy median with your diet.Plenty of good knowledge here on board to read up on and pick the brains of members.

Stick around.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den! Brutal allergies... what kind of reaction?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
great to have you join us! welcome to the iron den :D

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, thanks for joining

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Welcome to TID BioProf21. Good luck in the 10k

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hi and welcome to TID

B

Bioprof21

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks for the welcome. Go in to anaphylatic shock with red meat/pork. It's a weird cross reaction stemming from a strong allergy to tick bites that I've had since in my 20s. Gotta carry an epi-pen in case I accidentally ate some bacon or something. Do pretty well with poultry though.

B

Bioprof21

Nov 4, 2011
THanks for the welcome! Did my first 10K trial run and went really well actually. Getting pysched!

B

Bioprof21

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks, JackD! Happy to be here. Lots of good info in the forum.

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
The interesting thing about your red meat allergy is that the tick bite causes production of an antibody to a carbohydrate called alpha-gal, which also happens to be present on red meat. It's a strange thing that you would actually be having a reaction to a carb, which causes you to have a reaction to red meat. You might also look to beans a a good source of protein. I would be lost if I couldn't eat red meat.

Welcome to TID.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic