Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Osgood Schlatter's disease

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I pulled this pic off of Wikipedia but mine is probably twice as big as this dudes. I think mine is a little more severe than most.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 116
Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Woah that's funky dude. I can't see how you can fix this without surgery tbh. Is there any chance if it coming back if they file it off?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Woah that's funky dude. I can't see how you can fix this without surgery tbh. Is there any chance if it coming back if they file it off?
Surgery is the only way to fix it. Not sure if it can or not. It's not really that "funky" though lol...not one single person in my life has ever noticed it without me pointing it out. I should post a pic I guess.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Surgery is the only way to fix it. Not sure if it can or not. It's not really that "funky" though lol...not one single person in my life has ever noticed it without me pointing it out. I should post a pic I guess.

Sorry I didn't mean funky like that. Just that it makes the knee joint quite an odd shape. My apologies.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Had this when I was a child in the 70's. Don't think they were too knowledgable back then. They actually put me in a cast from my lower thigh to my ankle, I believe their theory was to keep pressure on the lower knee to stop the lump from protruding any further. Sounds like a bunch of quackery now, lol. I'm 50 now, still have the bump, but haven't had pain for over 30 years.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Sorry I didn't mean funky like that. Just that it makes the knee joint quite an odd shape. My apologies.

It's cool, I was offended I just didn't know what you meant.
Had this when I was a child in the 70's. Don't think they were too knowledgable back then. They actually put me in a cast from my lower thigh to my ankle, I believe their theory was to keep pressure on the lower knee to stop the lump from protruding any further. Sounds like a bunch of quackery now, lol. I'm 50 now, still have the bump, but haven't had pain for over 30 years.

No pain in the gym at all?

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
No pain in the gym at all?

None at all. Don't know how old you are or when you were diagnosed with it. Mine started at age 9, had pains till my early 20's, then I was pain free. Had no other procedure done other than the cast. Must be one of the lucky ones who grew out of it. Hope you feel better soon brother!!

Jimbo999

Jimbo999

Apr 22, 2014
I had it when I was a teen. Laser treatment sorted it back in the early 90's. I played rugby with these big padded knee supports. Now I've got the lumps on my knees but at nearly 39 I'm squatting 200kg doing Crossfit 4 or 5 times a week almost pain free probably just old age pains now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic