Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Osgood Schlatter's disease

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Does anybody else have this? If so how do you get around It when doing squats and deadlifts? It's painful and makes leg days a pain in the ass.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I have it. You don't really get around it. If you do a lot of cleans you'll grind it down a little.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I allegedly had this when I was like 16. My knees would swell up, get lumps, very tight. Would take Naporsyn 500mg 2 to 3 times a day, I forgot for how long, then it just sort of stopped bothering me and I never went back to the MD for it. He said the muscle was growing faster than the tendons?

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I have it. You don't really get around it. If you do a lot of cleans you'll grind it down a little.

lol...that's the problem, I bump it on the way up with the bar.

I allegedly had this when I was like 16. My knees would swell up, get lumps, very tight. Would take Naporsyn 500mg 2 to 3 times a day, I forgot for how long, then it just sort of stopped bothering me and I never went back to the MD for it. He said the muscle was growing faster than the tendons?

It normally goes away after adolescence but it never did with me. It started at about the same age for me. It stopped bothering me and I forgot about it to but it seems to be acting up lately after squats. Only way to fix it is surgery and I'm not going that route.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I had it when I was a kid. Wore heel cups in my shoes for years... Luckily it subsided and never came back - I do have huge lumps on the bottom of my knees but they don't hurt or anything.

Does it feel the same as when you were younger?! Super sensitive in that spot still?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I remember I would sometimes get baseball sized lumps on my knees, hurt like a mofo. Landing on a knee when wrestling or something would leave me swollen for days.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Is the lump fluid? If it is you could drain it with a 18g.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I remember I would sometimes get baseball sized lumps on my knees, hurt like a mofo. Landing on a knee when wrestling or something would leave me swollen for days.

Yeah it was terrible. Acute shooting pain that throbbed for hours.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I had it a bit when I was a kid. I think it's genetic. My sister had it, my father had it, and my uncle was in braces for a year.

I just have a real small bump on my left knee. If I kneel down on my left knee it still hurts, but nothing like it did when I was a teenager.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I had it when I was a kid. Wore heel cups in my shoes for years... Luckily it subsided and never came back - I do have huge lumps on the bottom of my knees but they don't hurt or anything.

Does it feel the same as when you were younger?! Super sensitive in that spot still?
Yeah mine does, if I bang it into something, **** that hurts. It's like having balls on my knee.
Is the lump fluid? If it is you could drain it with a 18g.
No it's a calcium build up, they have to file it down to remove it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic