Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Ogre717 Groundhog Day Log

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Did an hour of cardio on the bike earlier then worked shoulders.
4 sets of everything in the 8-12 range

lateral fly
upright row
pullups
over head press
weighted dips, (slingin 2 plates now)
shruggs

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Started some direct Bicep work today because i feel they are lagging a bit in comparrison to shoulders and chest.
All exercises 4 sets 6-10 rep range increasing weight each set:
DB Hammer curls
Preachers
wide grip cable 21's
1 arm preachers
close grip 21's

got an outstanding pump and hardly pull my shirt over my head when i got back to the room.

so the new w/o split looks something like this:
Chest & Tri
Bi's
Legs
Rest
Back
Shoulders & Traps
Rest

Still doing an hr of cardio a day as well.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is good to give the bis a little love every now and again :D

i have found my bis have really liked the low weights and high reps. it has shaped and grown them better than the heavier weights ever did.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ok so i decided to sleep in today and take an extra day off. I have been really tired lately woth all the preparation for leaving this shit hole (22 DAYS!). Due to some operational commitments I havnt been able to take a day off work in almost 3 weeks now so im a bit run down. I was considering a deload but its only been about 6-7 weeks since the last time i took almost a week off the gym, instead of a deload i decided to try shifting to just lifting every other day this week and getting a little extra sleep on the off days. I may still do some BW stuff at work tho, pullups/dips/pushups.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Holy crap, work had been crazy lately, leaving me feeling seriously wore out. So unfortunatly i have missed a few workouts this week. on the up side of things, i have been eating cleaner than ever and am looking leaner. Hopefully tonight goes as planned here at work and i will be able to sneak off to the gym for an hr or so to play catchup a bit.

oh, BTW 16 days 'til I com home!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Been slacking on keeping this log updated but I have been training same as always. talking a couple days off last week actually did me some good. It wasnt a full deload but gtetting the extra sleep did kinda recharde me. The last couple days i have been trying to do less volume and higher reps, the plan is to get used to this for a little while then transition into a true 5x5 or 6x6 by end of the year. BTW 10 DAYS LEFT HERE!

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
finish strong & good luck on the last 10 days

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Surprise surprise, our flight home was pushed back again! I quit counting now. Ill let you all know when im waiting at the air terminal. Should be home the begining of Dec.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Traps feel really tight today. Worked back harder than normal yerterday as i wasnt on a schedule. I was able to lift as long as i wanted too. 4 sets of everything in the 8-10 range
BW wide grip pullups
reverse pec dec
Lat pulldowns
hammer grip pulldowns
seated rows
DB shruggs

Biceps felt like they were gonna pop.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
You get a better pump in your biceps doing back exercises then on arm day?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
You get a better pump in your biceps doing back exercises then on arm day?
havnt worked arms directly in over a month now. Ill just throw a couple of bicep isolation movements in at the end of back day and a a couple tricep isolations on chest day allows me to split my week up differently.
currently working 4 days on 1 day off:

Chest/tri
Back/Bi
legs
Shoulders
OFF

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic