Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Obamas newest angle at division - "Income Inequality"

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
That's what it says. Now I'm not an economist I just go off what I see now and what I've seen in the past. I don't know what one previous party did to affect the long term. I don't know if it's propaganda either but I've always read economy will usually fare better under a democrat. We now have left wing liberals or truly they are "progressives". They are going to destroy the country eventually.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Your right, I need to pick up some books, my college education obviously was a waste.....

The labor participation rate is lower than it's been in nearly 40 years.

Much of the REAL job growth has been due to the private oil boom of recent years - something Obama opposes and has no control over, yet something he still tries to take credit for. It has absolutely nothing to do with the government.

Tell me how Obama is responsible for the stock market? He's not. Neither was Bush or Clinton. About all presidents and govts can do is to increase or decrease taxes and regs, which have minimal effects. The Dow fell to about 7500 after the tech crash, 9-11, etc. It climbed up to over 14000 in Oct '07. It's now about 30% higher in the last 7 years or so. Ups and downs are part of the game. Pick up an economics textbook sometime.

The crash was largely due to bad legislation going back decades, requiring bad loans to be written to unqualified or shaky borrowers, often with little or nothing down, to institutions who sold most of those loans - often right after funding them. Real estate had been in a bubble prior to the crash, then property values crashed. You can't blame Bush for the crash.

There was also a huge oil selloff from $140 a barrel to ~ $40 a barrel in '08 that contributed heavily to the crash. Of course this caused gas prices to fall back then - are you going to credit Bush for falling gas prices back then, the same way I'm sure you're wrongly crediting Obama with oil going from $115 to ~ $40-ish lately? When oil moved back up from $40 in late '08 to $115 in mid '14 and gas prices increased, was that Bush's fault?

The president doesn't control the price of a barrel of oil any more than he can control the stock market. OPEC, supply and demand, and speculation control the price of oil. And gas taxes and things like excessive environmental regulations can have an additional affect on prices at the pump.

Here's a hint about the cause of the 170% rise in the market from '09 to present: http://blogs-images.forbes.com/jamesgruber/files/2014/04/fed-rates-vs-sp.png

When it comes to the stock and bond markets, the Fed trumps all. That's also largely true for the prices of metals vs the dollar, and somewhat for the dollar vs other currencies, etc.

GDP will always improve after a recession. Recessions and recoveries are part of capitalism - they aren't caused to any degree or controlled by presidents. GDP has been growing more slowly than after any recession since WW2. Increases in taxes and regs will do that. Please pick up an economic book at the library and do a little reading.

United States Government Debt to GDP | 1940-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Chew on this for a minute Gman......

-Unemployment was 10% 6 months into Barack Obama's term. Now it's 5.5%
-The Dow was under 8,000 when he took office. Now it's almost 18,000.
-GDP was -5.4%. Now it's 2.8%.
-The deficit was 9.8% of GDP. Now it's 2.2%

... I'm not saying I'm completely happy with everything our President has done but let's give credit where it's due.

I can hear the gnashing of Republican teeth but there's no denying he's done a good job on those fronts cleaning up what the impossibly-stupid guy before him did.

FD are you getting your stats from Turbos comic books?

I think the most misunderstood term in 'Murica is ''Deficit''. Our Debt has surpassed our GDP for the 1st time in history and obama and the democrats did it in less than 4 years. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/04/us-debt-reaches-100-percent-countrys-gdp/ translates into we're ****ed. We can never pay this off, only one way out and all we can hope for is a Constitutional Loyal Gov't and more important MILITARY.

5.5% Unemployment? FD ..too many tickle fights with RAIDEN.. It's actual real numbers are mind boggling nearly 100 million Americans out of work What Are the Real Unemployment Numbers?

THEE ONLY REASON the DOW is up is because of a near zero interest rate. Where else can Americans put there $$? Ever see what a cd pays now, bank interest?..

Dont buy the govt's bs and own numbers..it's like trusting schultz not to abuse RAIDEN .....

Im no Repube fan but between them and dems, I'll take the ones NOT trying to disarm us and destroy Our Beloved Military

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I've seen people work sixty plus hours a week and still be poor ie my father. Then talk radio hosts convince them that it's immigrants or unions for why they are poor and they vote republican even though it's against their interests. I just wish we wouldn't even talk about this stuff on here because everyone beats their chests and we accomplish nothing. Please Stop tweeting this link every five minutes.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
And believe me no one gets more pissed then me when between a full time job, my wife's full time job, grad school for me and my wife, my part time job, and the small business I run with my brother I see someone buying 250$ worth of groceries in front of me with an EBT card and I'm struggling to save anything. But you have to realize the steal big vs steal little part of the equation. I am a 32 year old teacher who pays a higher effective tax rate than Mitt Romney.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
And believe me no one gets more pissed then me when between a full time job, my wife's full time job, grad school for me and my wife, my part time job, and the small business I run with my brother I see someone buying 250$ worth of groceries in front of me with an EBT card and I'm struggling to save anything. But you have to realize the steal big vs steal little part of the equation. I am a 32 year old teacher who pays a higher effective tax rate than Mitt Romney.

Ughhh...Libs seem to sense when their bassackwards ideals are in question.....

That ''effective tax rate'' is thee dumbest libtard talking next to ''celebrate''...tolerance....diversity...green ....sustainability..bla bla bla''

Mitt Romney pays more taxes on his socks than you pay in a entire year..yes in comparison you make zip to his roll but who's fault is that? My daddy always told me ..'Son..someone got to sweep the streets''. Some are good businessman and some are good laborers, just like some women are hot and some are fugly

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
It's has been proven as far back as the 70s that there is no and hasn't been income inequality for many, many years. This is a bullshit crusade. Awww, you mean if a black man or woman doesn't have the same work experience and education as me, he/she won't get paid as much as me!? That's insanity!
Well I guess this is the Republican forum side of the house...
So try to listen to this and not label everything Liberal or conservative. The problem is not partisan. The problem is economic and the lack of knowledge of how this country used to be.
For those of you who cant or wont sit through a video of more than a few minutes then you can label yourself just lazy...

Last edited by a moderator:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Well I guess this is the Republican forum side of the house...
So try to listen to this and not label everything Liberal or conservative. The problem is not partisan.

I am fully aware of what is discussed in this video. However, the reason why this seems to be a partisan issue is because of how each side handles the situation and uses it to gain an advantage in their campaigning and poll ratings.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
I am fully aware of what is discussed in this video. However, the reason why this seems to be a partisan issue is because of how each side handles the situation and uses it to gain an advantage in their campaigning and poll ratings.
Well this guy isn't running for any public office...so whats that have to do with the price of tea in China?
Take the Conservative/Liberal brain filter off for a minute and think for yourself...FOX news doesn't know everything.
And I would bet you have not watched this or anything Robert Reich has said.
As you force yourself to watch this just remember your head will not physically implode...
You should always closely study the enemy my friend...LOL

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic