Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Not new but I’m probably not familiar to some

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I’m in Central America on a veterans retreat I’ll be back in SC in a couple days. New log will start immediately. I’m open to suggestions I’m looking to lean out and regain shoulder flexibility most importantly
LOT of medical discussion here, including some about shoulders, and how best to decide if, when, and, if so, how best to choose doctors+methods ........

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
LOT of medical discussion here, including some about shoulders, and how best to decide if, when, and, if so, how best to choose doctors+methods ........
Right I’m going to attempt to work through the arthritis/torn rotators they were torn before I lifted heavy I was hoping to hear if anybody has any experience with forced stretching or something of that nature. The knee replacement supposedly is inevitable. The current docs recommend staving it off as long as possible because the tech is improving every year.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Right I’m going to attempt to work through the arthritis/torn rotators they were torn before I lifted heavy I was hoping to hear if anybody has any experience with forced stretching or something of that nature. The knee replacement supposedly is inevitable. The current docs recommend staving it off as long as possible because the tech is improving every year thought. Many posts I see say the earlier you have a self or official orthopedic diagnosis the earlier you should present yourself to the experts for their opinions ... and suggested solutions.
Interesting thought.

Otoh, if surgical techniques evolve faster than prospective patients do, "keep waiting" pussies like me may ... or may not, be making the right choices.

#yikes

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Interesting thought.

Otoh, if surgical techniques evolve faster than prospective patients do, "keep waiting" pussies like me may ... or may not, be making the right choices.

#yikes
I don’t consider anyone a pussy for getting surgery I’ve had plenty and some did amazing things to put me back in the mix. If anyone has great successes I’m totally open to hearing

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I don’t consider anyone a pussy for getting surgery I’ve had plenty and some did amazing things to put me back in the mix. If anyone has great successes I’m totally open to hearing
problems, complications, AND successes are all available here from the over 40yo, and, god save us all, over 50yo set ;).

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome bac! I'm just about 7 wks out from shoulder replacement and doing great. Within 2 wks I felt better than I had in 10 yrs. 2 previous shoulder ops that did little to help (labrum tears and clean outs).

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Good to see you again Halo. Welcome back

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
My ol lady had both her knees replaced in her late 30s and she's still going strong. Not a lifter but she is a nurse in a elder care / hospice facility so she's on her feet moving all day , and when shes not working shes baby sitting n chasing around grandkids.

They have come a long way in the tech for sure since then , you get your knees done now , they should last ya.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Welcome back Halo! Great to see you here. Wow, seeing Halo and Rotten Rogue back within the span of several weeks. What's happening here? We're all the better for it.

Let's get back a few more of our golden oldies. Hey Marx, are you out there?

But Deadweight is right out! LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic