Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Noob log

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
just went to drop in clinic so it was a gp, and im 20. my forearms are kind of lanky since im tall maybe thats my why it happened

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i dont agree with his reasoning. the diagnosis is correct im sure but if you were 5 that might be true but at 20, mmmmmm probably not. tendons dont "get stronger" perse they are not an active organ like muscle. they change due to the stresses put on them and they can thicken do to chronic irritation and tears. they tear but when they repair they repair with a weaker type of collegan tissue so therefore they arent stronger but weaker. they have very poor blood supply and that is why it is important to warm up well so that the blood supply is there and the tissue is as warm as possible and technically more able to stretch than when cold.

so you have tendonitis because you probably arent warming up enough for the weights that you are lifting and it is stretching and tearing the tendon fibers.

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
so i should maybe do some cardio to get my blood going or? i usually start with just bar for any heavy lifts then move up is that not enough I guess?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i wouldnt call it cardio but you should spend atleast 5mins on the treadmill or something so that you work up a good sweat and get everything warmed up good.

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
alright well i did some warmup today i went on a quick 3k run outside before and then did light chest and back work since idont want to make my arm worse, I think the warmup helped because I had the biggest chest pump of my life today, maybe it was because of the volume too though since i made most sets 15+ reps

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
good job youngster! ALWAYS warm up good, it makes EVERYTHING better ;)

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
was doing back today and just going threw my routine onto deadlifts and am up to 350x5x5

was approached by a bodybuilder from my gym today asking how long I have been lifting and when i told him 4 months he was shocked. said that I should look into getting serious with training maybe start looking towards bodybuilding, we'll see :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
outstanding compliment. good for you! it is the little things like that that make all the pain and frustration worth it!

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
havnt been posting lately since i was in a car accident, shattered my right shin, broke my ankle, bruised my ribs, and lacerated my right forearm, and then alot of other bruises and cuts,

trying to heal up, really miss working out, hopefully i can get back to normal in the next few months, but i dont think im going to be squatting for awhile. :( fuuuuuuuuu

well :/

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic