Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

No More Spray Tans

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
not sure if it runs in my family either :( no relationship with the egg doner...no skin cancer on dads side though. Either way, I just urge people to take the safer route...ie, stay outta the sun, and use the fake stuff!

^^Thanks,i read your post carefully.1st you look great btw.

There's nothing it seems like that dosen't mess you up in one way or another these days.

Cancer is scarry no doubt.Not sure if it runs in your family but it dose in mine.So i wont be surprised if i get it one day,im a lot older than you good so far knock on wood.

I wish you the best seems like your doing the right thing,just stay on top of it.goodluck.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
here's my experience...PLEASE read and be careful. I used mt2 for a few months, about 2 years ago. while using it, i got a bunch of new freckles and moles... I went to the derm for my yearly check-up (I have psoriasis) and he did a skin check. I've never had moles removed before..this time, I had 5 removed. 3 came back "abnormal". 6 months later, I had 3 more removed. Remember, these were ALL new since the MT2. of the 3 I just had removed, one came back as melanoma. Thank goodness it was an early stage. i go back in 2 weeks to make sure they got all of the cancer cells. but, this is some scary shit, and I NEVER thought I would be saying the "c" word at 30 years old. So, now i'm battling a few things. 1. I have 8 ugly scars on my body that I didn't have before. 2. i have to go EVERY 3 MONTHS now for more checks and possibly more biposies an surgeries. 3. every surgery means more $$ and more time off int the gym due to incisions and stitches.

Who knows, if I hadn't used MT2 I could still have these issues, but these moles weren't there before the MT2.

I would stick to the the annoying spray tan....

=========••===============

What is your hair and skin color?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
here's my experience...PLEASE read and be careful. I used mt2 for a few months, about 2 years ago. while using it, i got a bunch of new freckles and moles... I went to the derm for my yearly check-up (I have psoriasis) and he did a skin check. I've never had moles removed before..this time, I had 5 removed. 3 came back "abnormal". 6 months later, I had 3 more removed. Remember, these were ALL new since the MT2. of the 3 I just had removed, one came back as melanoma. Thank goodness it was an early stage. i go back in 2 weeks to make sure they got all of the cancer cells. but, this is some scary shit, and I NEVER thought I would be saying the "c" word at 30 years old. So, now i'm battling a few things. 1. I have 8 ugly scars on my body that I didn't have before. 2. i have to go EVERY 3 MONTHS now for more checks and possibly more biposies an surgeries. 3. every surgery means more $$ and more time off int the gym due to incisions and stitches.

Who knows, if I hadn't used MT2 I could still have these issues, but these moles weren't there before the MT2.

I would stick to the the annoying spray tan....

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING- WARNING signs of future problems
1) The development of FRECKLES
2) Any NEW mole ( AKA Nevi)
SHOULD these occur STOP MELANOTAN!!!!!!

Let me clarify, but first a little background

MelanoTan is peptide which enhances the Melanocytes production of Melanin. However because it is an injectable peptide supplement
the manufacturer began marketing it's effectiveness as a "skin protector" BEFORE performing clinical trials on it's side effects!

Now some say the FDA is to strict with the "supplement producers" especially "compared to BIG PHARMA". Perhaps this is true BUT the FDA requires both in-vitro and in-vivo testing for "approval". Another factor which must be considered is the "need" for a particular drug such as is the case with "FAST-TRACK medications.

Recall the degree of difficulty many Pharm companies were having acquiring FDA "permission" for NEW antiviral during the AIDS epidemic?
As you can imagine the FDA will be quite rigid when it come to the approval a ANY COSMETIC drug which must be injected!!!

The net effect is MelanoTan producers never obtained licensure for the sale of MelanoTan. Now what does that mean? It seems supplement producers predominant concern is "does it work" (YES) rather than "is it safe" (I'll get to that)?

"I'll be back"! (Awesome show)

jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING- WARNING signs of future problems
1) The development of FRECKLES
2) Any NEW mole ( AKA Nevi)
SHOULD these occur STOP MELANOTAN!!!!!!

Let me clarify, but first a little background

MelanoTan is peptide which enhances the Melanocytes production of Melanin. However because it is an injectable peptide supplement
the manufacturer began marketing it's effectiveness as a "skin protector" BEFORE performing clinical trials on it's side effects!

Now some say the FDA is to strict with the "supplement producers" especially "compared to BIG PHARMA". Perhaps this is true BUT the FDA requires both in-vitro and in-vivo testing for "approval". Another factor which must be considered is the "need" for a particular drug such as is the case with "FAST-TRACK medications.

Recall the degree of difficulty many Pharm companies were having acquiring FDA "permission" for NEW antiviral during the AIDS epidemic?
As you can imagine the FDA will be quite rigid when it come to the approval a ANY COSMETIC drug which must be injected!!!

The net effect is MelanoTan producers never obtained licensure for the sale of MelanoTan. Now what does that mean? It seems supplement producers predominant concern is "does it work" (YES) rather than "is it safe" (I'll get to that)?

"I'll be back"! (Awesome show)

jim

============================================================================================

IS IT SAFE ???
Based of what little in vitro and CASE REPORT evidence there is, IMO it seems reasonably safe, but first A FEW CAVEATS!

MT-2 (and MT-1) both stimulate pigment production, however in SOME with very light skin and eye color it MAY cause the Melanocytes to MULTIPLY!!!!
The latter characteristic of Melanto-Tan may predispose the user to develop "atypical changes" (AKA dysplastic) when observed under a microscope.

Importantly however, because melanoma is such a mean malignancy to treat (short of EARLY excision) many Dermo-pathologists will refer to this as "early Melanoma".

So while there are a few "case reports" of patients using MelanoTan "developing" melanoma, ALL that I cloud locate were involved in "high risk behavior" or were genetically predisposed!

What is HRB?
1) the use of tanning beds!!!!!! I personally believe these "beds" are the last thing anyone should rest in, primarily because of their DIRECT association with skin CA
2) Being "light complected" with EITHER blonde-red hair OR green-blue eyes
3) Using more than the directed dose of Melano-Tan (AKA "Melano front loading")

Lastly while I did locate 2-3 case reports of patients developing Melanoma while using MelanoTan, NO CAUSE AND EFFECT RELATIONSHIP CAN BE ESTABLISHEDND, especially when one considers the "number of doses" used since it's sales began in 2009!

I'll post some articles next.

Respects
Jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
============================================================================================

IS IT SAFE ???
Based of what little in vitro and CASE REPORT evidence there is, IMO it seems reasonably safe, but first A FEW CAVEATS!

MT-2 (and MT-1) both stimulate pigment production, however in SOME with very light skin and eye color it MAY cause the Melanocytes to MULTIPLY!!!!
The latter characteristic of Melanto-Tan may predispose the user to develop "atypical changes" (AKA dysplastic) when observed under a microscope.

Importantly however, because melanoma is such a mean malignancy to treat (short of EARLY excision) many Dermo-pathologists will refer to this as "early Melanoma".

So while there are a few "case reports" of patients using MelanoTan "developing" melanoma, ALL that I cloud locate were involved in "high risk behavior" or were genetically predisposed!

What is HRB?
1) the use of tanning beds!!!!!! I personally believe these "beds" are the last thing anyone should rest in, primarily because of their DIRECT association skin CA
2) Being "light complected" with EITHER blonde-red hair OR green-blue eyes
3) Using more than the directed dose of Melano-Tan (AKA "Melanto front loading")

Lastly while I did locate 2-3 case reports of patients developing Melanoma while using MelanoTan, NO CAUSE AND EFFECT RELATIONSHIP CAN BE ESTABLISHEDND, especially when one considers the "number of doses" used since it's sales began in 2009!

I'll post some articles next.

Respects
Jim

===============================================================================================

Attachments

• MelanoTan Manufactures .pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 342
  • FAMM.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 630
Reactions: CBS
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
===============================================================================================

Scan thru the manufactures flyer and look at some of those PICs, holy shit guys and gals, a few of these folks are destined for future problems!!!

I mean some have altered their complexion to the point of unequivocal excessiveness! One fella (with sandy blonde hair and green eyes, duh!) started as a "fair complected" mate and morphed into one that is almost black, are you kidding me!

Although having "a tan" is ONE of many factors which determines how competitive a BB may be on stage, some apparently believe the darker the better, NOT!

IN CONCLUSION, EVERYTHING IN MODERATION INCLUDING MealnoTan!

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention which is relevant, the dysplastic changes (AKA "premalignant"), observed in the case reports, are generally considered REVERSIBLE upon discontinuation of the drug (MelanoTan) itself.

best
jim

Last edited:
Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
I work backstage at the Jay Cutler Desert classic in Vegas every year. What I see with the spray tan is all the last minute touch ups that need to be done. And everyone panicking about getting their's done on time.

I'd just stick to old school Pro Tan that you put on with the sponge applicator.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
not sure if it runs in my family either :( no relationship with the egg doner...no skin cancer on dads side though. Either way, I just urge people to take the safer route...ie, stay outta the sun, and use the fake stuff!
Dam you look great, keep up the good work..

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Those "baby blues" alone place you at moderate risk to develop skin CA.

And so does having hazel and green eyes.. That pretty much covers half the world, so I guess pretty much everybody is at risk.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic