Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

No More Spray Tans

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
When I competed I used Pro Tan, not sure if they make it anymore, but it was a spray tan in a bottle back in the 90's.....

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Just did a NPC show a few weeks ago.Spray tan was such a pain in the ass.Anybody that competes knows what i'm talking about.Sleeping with that stuff on,the touch ups,worried about sweating,even taking a sip of water,and being so careful you dont want to spill a drop on your body.Even taking a piss,making sure a drop dosen't hit you leg.

A guy I know that won the overall,dosen't spray tan.Just uses MT2,and goes to the tanning parlor.His tan looked better than 95% of the people in the show.Looked totally relaxed,didn't worry about all the bs that goes with a spray tan.And he will be doing Nationals in a few weeks,so he knows what he's doing.

Next show I do,not going to get the spray tan.I'm sure it will take a lot of pressure off to.

----------------------_--------------------
Tanning Parlor? Hmm!

Some tips which may save your life!!!

1) If you are any combination of blonde to red hair or blue to green eyes avoid these places like the plague.

2) Always cover your face because the form and wavelength used for tanning booths damages skin considerably and WILL cause premature wrinkling.

3) Some are able to use UV-A and UV-B protection yet still achieve an adequate tan even for competition.

4) You mates with brown hair and brown eyes are generally GTG in these booths but moderation is still advisable.

WHY do I say this?

Fact 95% of those whom develop ALL forms of skin cancer especially Malignant Melanoma are some combination of "sandy blonde to red hair with those pretty blue-green eyes". However blondes and redheads encompass somewhere between 10-20% of the population!

For further "proof" go by any derm's office and look about, I PROMISE probably ALL those being evaluated for "skin cancer" meet that classification.

Best
Jim

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Tanning Parlor? Hmm!

1) If you are any combination of blonde to red hair or blue to green eyes avoid these places like the plague.

2) Always cover your face because the form and wavelength used for tanning booths damages skin considerably and WILL cause premature wrinkling.

3) Some are able to use UV-A and UV-B protection yet still achieve an adequate tan even for competition.

4) You mates with brown hair and brown eyes are generally GTG in these booths but moderation is still advisable.

WHY do I say this?

Fact 95% of those whom develop ALL forms of skin cancer especially Malignant Melanoma are some combination of "sandy blonde to red hair with those pretty blue-green eyes". However blondes and redheads encompass somewhere between 10-20% of the population!

For further "proof" go by any derm's office and look about, I PROMISE probably ALL those being evaluated for "skin cancer" meet that classification.

Best
Jim

I believe if done correctly it's better to TAN OUTSIDE rather than using these booths. This is certainly true if done between the hours of 9-12am or 4-7 pm.

Jim

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Tanning Parlor? Hmm!

WHY do I say this?

Best
Jim

thanks,some good advice.funny you said cover your face,always wrapped a towel my face while tanning.my dad has/had pure blond hair,got real bad skin cancer in later years.

what's your take on MT2 ?

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
thanks,some good advice.funny you said cover your face,always wrapped a towel my face while tanning.my dad has/had pure blond hair,got real bad skin cancer in later years.

what's your take on MT2 ?

------------------------------------------------

I assume your referring to MelanoTan-2 an INJECTABLE SUPPLEMENT which many have used for YEARS.

Like most supplement the data evaluating it's safety and efficacy are limited.

That being said I'm unaware of any reports that would compel me to outright doubt it's safety.
If the choice is MT/2 vs Tanning booths that's a no brainer IMO go with the supplement!

Understand even though MANY have had quite good results with MT-2, lighter skinned folk seem to benefit the most especially if combined with SUNLIGHT! The latter stimulates the secretion of the pigment, Melain, from Melanocytes.

So the inquiring mind might ask this question? Shit doc what's the difference in MT-2 vs the sunlight prompting the secretion of melanin? Couldn't BOTH mechanisms increase the CA risk?

Highly unlikely IMO since sunlight or tanning booths cause DNA damage. This damage if severe enough may cause abnormal and deranged cellular reproduction or cancer.

THE POINT;

Watch those "freckles" mates. What's that you say? You don't freckle or easily burn? Them chances are you have brown hair and brown eyes and GTG. Yet if your one of them frecklers and burners a blonde-redhead with green blue eyes go with MT-2 and tanning sprays.

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Holy shit now that's gotta be a first, I' just "recommended" a supplement!

Well at least it works and IMO that's more than can be said about the other 99% :)

Regs
Jim

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Spray tans really aren't that bad though. I can get sprayed the night before and take a shower the next day and you will be fine. At that point sweating or getting wet won't wash it right off.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
When I get sprayed night before it's no big deal really, then do a touch up spray in the morning.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Tanning beds are not bad if done properly and you don't burn. Will cause wrinkles in the long run. I use them 6 months out of the year. Every year

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Tanning beds are not bad if done properly and you don't burn. Will cause wrinkles in the long run. I use them 6 months out of the year. Every year

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's an excellent point TG!. "Burning" or any "tan" that results in a post tan "peal" increases the risk of developing CA CANCER REMARKABLY, in spite of eye or hair color.

So whether you choose a booth or the great outdoors for tanning, burning, the effects of burning greatly accelerates the cumulative dose/response possibility of developing problems later in life.

Best
Jim

Last edited:
acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
that's a good question,i wish someone would chime in.

here's my experience...PLEASE read and be careful. I used mt2 for a few months, about 2 years ago. while using it, i got a bunch of new freckles and moles... I went to the derm for my yearly check-up (I have psoriasis) and he did a skin check. I've never had moles removed before..this time, I had 5 removed. 3 came back "abnormal". 6 months later, I had 3 more removed. Remember, these were ALL new since the MT2. of the 3 I just had removed, one came back as melanoma. Thank goodness it was an early stage. i go back in 2 weeks to make sure they got all of the cancer cells. but, this is some scary shit, and I NEVER thought I would be saying the "c" word at 30 years old. So, now i'm battling a few things. 1. I have 8 ugly scars on my body that I didn't have before. 2. i have to go EVERY 3 MONTHS now for more checks and possibly more biposies an surgeries. 3. every surgery means more $$ and more time off int the gym due to incisions and stitches.

Who knows, if I hadn't used MT2 I could still have these issues, but these moles weren't there before the MT2.

I would stick to the the annoying spray tan....

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
^^Thanks,i read your post carefully.1st you look great btw.

There's nothing it seems like that dosen't mess you up in one way or another these days.

Cancer is scarry no doubt.Not sure if it runs in your family but it dose in mine.So i wont be surprised if i get it one day,im a lot older than you good so far knock on wood.

I wish you the best seems like your doing the right thing,just stay on top of it.goodluck.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic