Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

No I don't even lift...

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Cardio Week 1 Day 2

5 minute warm up then 60 second run 90 second walk intervals for 8 sets. (20 minute total)

Running in the cold hurts the lungs. :(

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Back/Bicep Day

Lat Pull Downs
70x2x10
100x3x10

Pendlay Rows
95x2x10
135x3x10

Deadlifts
135x4x5

Decline Sit Ups
4x10

Shrugs
1pps 3x10

Hammer Curls
25x4x10

EZ Curls
50x2x10

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not judging here... well ok maybe I am.

How are you doing more pendlay rows at that weight than you are deadlifts? And how are you squatting less weight than you are rowing?

Do you need help with technique so you know how to squat properly? And deadlift too? You are either putting it little to no effort or something else that I don't see or know about is going on... Not saying you need to squat 600 plus. But any man on earth can squat 135 for reps with good technique. Hell my wife can and she does p90x

I'm here to help, not kick you around. Been checking in on this log and wondering whats up?

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
How are you doing more pendlay rows at that weight than you are deadlifts? And how are you squatting less weight than you are rowing?

I'm just being super conservative on deadlifts, but I'm not on rows. The lower part of my spine goes inward, so its easy for me to overwork it. Or I guess all the arching leads to compressed discs. That 135x3x10 had me aching for the last week and a half. Even simple back extensions can wear it out.

Do you need help with technique so you know how to squat properly? And deadlift too? You are either putting it little to no effort or something else that I don't see or know about is going on... Not saying you need to squat 600 plus. But any man on earth can squat 135 for reps with good technique. Hell my wife can and she does p90x

I'm here to help, not kick you around. Been checking in on this log and wondering whats up?

I understand completely, lol. Look at the top, I've been there. Again, being conservative, but having some lack of flexibility in my hips and hamstrings isn't helping. I've been stretching much more recently and daily. I also tried wide stance about a year ago and it messed my hip flexors up, and its been a haunting injury, to be honest. I've since gone back to a more conventional shoulders width stance.

I think I could benefit from going back to 3x5 on squats and working with some heavier weights.

I need to be conservative for the time being. I can't afford to have any past issues come back and bite me in the ass at the moment. That's why I stated earlier that progress is now secondary to overall fitness and staying not-hurt.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Running Week 1 Day 3

5 minute walk then 60 second run 90 second walk intervals. 20 minutes total.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
One day at a time brother!

AND POB I need help with my squats, do you have a good link in here. I hate my squat strength and my knees hurting like a biache!

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013

AND POB I need help with my squats, do you have a good link in here. I hate my squat strength and my knees hurting like a biache!

I assume that you've probably heard of and/or seen the starting strength chapter of the squat? There's also a multi series collection of "so you think you can squat" on youtube that Elite FTS has done.

My issue is pain right below my hip flexors, specifically my right side. It fatigues fast and can cause pain. I think its from trying out a wide stance under heavy load. IDK, did it a while back and its been a little bitch ever since.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Leg Day

Squats
65x10
75x10
95x3x10

Standing Calf Press
80x10
100x2x10

Leg Extensions
70x3x10

Hamstring Curls
70x3x10

1 Leg Sitting Calf Raise
45x3x10

Leg Press
1PPS x 10
2PPS x 3 x 10

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I assume that you've probably heard of and/or seen the starting strength chapter of the squat? There's also a multi series collection of "so you think you can squat" on youtube that Elite FTS has done.

My issue is pain right below my hip flexors, specifically my right side. It fatigues fast and can cause pain. I think its from trying out a wide stance under heavy load. IDK, did it a while back and its been a little bitch ever since.

I'll check that elite video out. I just got turned on to them a few months ago. Getting a prowler for Christmas. Hell yeah. Thx.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Actually went with a pretty narrow stance and my hip flexor didn't seem to be an issue. Legs still fatigued quickly. Lack of muscular endurance blows, and I believe this has a lot to do with my past strength training; where 99% of my training was sets of 5 or less.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Best way is to get some vids of heavy sets from difference angles especially the side and shoot me them in a pm. I can help make corrections that way.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Yesterday's Chest/Tricep/Shoulder

Incline Bench
75x2x10
95x3x10

Dumbbell Bench
30x10
35x10
45x3x10

DB Overhead Press