Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

No I don't even lift...

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
You'll have to excuse my training at the moment, I'm working with some elbow tendinitis issues currently. On top of that, I've also come off of a 3 month goal specific training, which did not involve weight lifting. And on top of all of this, I'm trying a new program with a new goal of longevity and health, so I'm kind of being really conservative on purpose.

Someone asked me about my PRs:
Bench - 405
Squat - 315x5
Deadlift - 375x5
Strict Overhead Press - 185

Stats
255lbs
6'2
Natural big build/frame

Goals
Short Term - get down to 205-210 (really lean for me)
Long Term - 225, big and lean

I was a broski before I ever learned how to lift properly, hence the high bench press. But these are neither here nor there because I'm not currently capable of any of this now. Truth be told, the goal of huge and strong is fading quickly. I'm overweight at the moment (255) and getting back down to a healthy/lean 215 has been a long term goal of mine. I've achieved it once through proper dieting and exercise, but failed to make my temporary dietary changes become life changes. Simply put, I eat well during the week, and then go out too often and drink too much beer on the weekends. Not making excuses for myself, just saying I completely understand why I have not made it to where I want to be, and admit fault. Hopefully I can manage to pull my head out of my ass.

I currently am following Lee Hayward's 3 day intermediate bodybuilding program, but attempting to eat in a caloric deficit, so I'm not expecting absurd growths physically, nor on my lifts. Getting use to training with dumbbells has been a bit challenging for me, coming from mostly training like a strength athlete. I may or may not sub some exercises out for barbell movements, but I'm trying to be good and just do the program as its written, minus DB rows.

Anyways, enough of my sorry ass woes and excuses... Let's get this shit started and see where it goes.

For IronCore ♥:

Attachments

• arnold.jpg
    arnold.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Squat
BWx2x10
95x3x10

Leg Press
1pps x 10
2pps x 3 x 10

Standing Calf Raise
80x3x10

1 Leg Seated Calf Raise
45x3x10

Hamstring Curls
50x3x10

Leg Extensions
50x3x10

Slow and steady is meh...

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Good for you! Thanks for being so honest :)

Now, bust ass! :)

If you're not honest with yourself, you'll never make it anywhere.

Thanks for the support. Hopefully, if I stay healthy, I will be able to break these PRs.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
If you're not honest with yourself, you'll never make it anywhere.

Thanks for the support. Hopefully, if I stay healthy, I will be able to break these PRs.

Very true! Two things in life...always be honest with yourself and always push yourself :)

You are welcome, just take it as it comes...no need to rush ;)

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
now your with it homeboy!!

stick close and we will get you were you want to be... maybe even talk you into driving some american muscle to the strip...

post up some goals and stats as well... we will get you there...

nothing wrong with where you are right now no one starts at the top...

LETS DO THIS!!!

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
Yeah, Kick this in the ass and get rolling again. The important thing is that you START! recognize and learn from past mistakes/failures and let them drive you to be better.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Thanks for the support guys.

IronCore, don't get me wrong bro. If it were up to me, I'd be driving a cammed/bolted/built Z06. The wife said it has to fit kids in it one day. :( Party pooper.

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
Stats added, and goals added. I didn't put exercise goals, like a 500lb deadlift, because the goal needs to be health for me to be successful long term.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
fukn wives... they ruin everything...

where are the stats? on your profile?

ZeroFuxGiven

ZeroFuxGiven

Oct 29, 2013
fukn wives... they ruin everything...

where are the stats? on your profile?

I put it in the original post. What stats are you looking for besides height/age/weight?

Edit: I see the profile thing. I don't have all that info. I'll have to try to find my tape and get everything situated. I've never really measured because I didn't know about placement or how hard to pull the tape, etc.. Any tips?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Thanks for posting this. Your journal will be amazing because you are going to progress very quickly. A year from now people you do not know very well or see very often will not even recognize you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic