Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Monster Status

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Like I told my trainer, I would rather face hard reality of how long and how much work it takes to get to my goals, than be dreaming and doing nothing. Getting big and shredded has been harder than I ever thought possible. Getting to 10% has seemed almost unobtainable, it is so far away still. But I am making real progress and by this time next year I should be there. Once I hit 10% my goal will then become 5%. If it takes me another two or three years to get there, that is fine by me, so long as I am making constant progress!

This log and this quote says why you'll attain your goals. It is a way of life. Much respect, brother!

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
Condolences on your loss.

Great training.

You're going to struggle to get to 10%, having been there and below it each lb as you approach it becomes exponentially more difficult. If you can get beyond the psychotic cravings and the fatigue, you are doing well. I'm guessing you were never designed to naturally be low BF%, so I assume you'll have similar experiences to me.

How is your nutrition? Keeping carbs or fats low or are you going a more balanced approach?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
This log and this quote says why you'll attain your goals. It is a way of life. Much respect, brother!

Woody that quote should be mandatory reading for all new members.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Sorry to hear about your loss brother

Thanks. That means a lot to me coming from you and my other brothers at TID.

Likewise, sorry to hear about that WW.

Looking forward to seeing how you go at the comp, not that long to go now. Is it your first one?

Thanks MF. The competition is Saturday in Littleton, New Hampshire.

Condolences on your loss.

Great training.

You're going to struggle to get to 10%, having been there and below it each lb as you approach it becomes exponentially more difficult. If you can get beyond the psychotic cravings and the fatigue, you are doing well. I'm guessing you were never designed to naturally be low BF%, so I assume you'll have similar experiences to me.

How is your nutrition? Keeping carbs or fats low or are you going a more balanced approach?

Thanks. I remember when you were 10%, you looked amazing. Now we're gonna reverse places, LOL. You gonna diet down anytime soon? I am dieting on a keto diet. So I am having basically zero carbs with a carb up day every couple of months (right before my strongman competitions). Funny thing is I am not having crazy cravings on this diet. Six eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast, a chicken leg for lunch, steak and green salad for dinner. I love this diet! I wish I could eat like this all the time with a few carbs added in for good measure. . .

Woody that quote should be mandatory reading for all new members.

Wow. Thanks and coming from you that is a good endorsement brother.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

Thanks again Marx. This is why I love TID. You guys are so positive and amazing. You all definitely inspire me to keep hitting the weights hard and often.

Here are my workouts the past several days.

Friday June 6, 2014

Bb Back Squats ATG
315 x 10 x 5 sets

Sunday June 8, 2014
Dips
BW x 20 x 5 sets

supersetted with
Pullups
BW x 10 x 5 sets

Monday June 9, 2014

BLDL
405 x 4 x 7 sets

I pulled until I nearly puked!

GermaniaK

GermaniaK

Apr 19, 2014
Thanks. I remember when you were 10%, you looked amazing. Now we're gonna reverse places, LOL. You gonna diet down anytime soon? I am dieting on a keto diet. So I am having basically zero carbs with a carb up day every couple of months (right before my strongman competitions). Funny thing is I am not having crazy cravings on this diet. Six eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast, a chicken leg for lunch, steak and green salad for dinner. I love this diet! I wish I could eat like this all the time with a few carbs added in for good measure. . .

I'm aiming to be back down to 220 by March next year. I plan on entering a bench for cash competition at the next FitX in Melbourne. It's BW bench for AMRAP I need to be able to hit at least 220 for a good 25 to get myself a $1000 cheque.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Here's what we'll be doing at my strongman competition in Littleton, NH tomorrow.

I am in the 231 weight class.

230# Log Clean Once, Max Presses
60-80 feet 60 seconds Truck Pull
(weight to be tested) Car Deadlift for Reps
330#/270# Farmer's Walk / Keg Carry Medley
315# Atlas Stone Over 48" Bar for Reps

I have never done a truck pull before. My deadlifts aren't very strong. And I have never lifted an Atlas stone as heavy as this one. Otherwise, I am feeling good about this competition!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I'm sure your trainer has told you this . Stay down on the truck pull as soon as you get slack out drop down and don't stop. Eyeball the course and make sure that there are no dips. If so make sure you are prepared for them

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Can't wait to see how ya do woody! I'll be tuned into the log for results. Best of luck brother!!!

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Good luck, WW. Looking forward to hearing about the competition.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
So there were 8 guys in my division -- the 200 to 230 weight class. I took 7th or maybe 6th (I'm not sure which) out of the 8 of us. It feels like a failure emotionally, but if I look at the evidence I made huge progress and it was a good competition for me.

All except on of the guys I competed against were 30 years old or younger. The guy over 30 was under 40 so I was the oldest by at least 10 years.

I weighed in at 222, which is nearly 10 lbs lighter than in Maiine a couple months ago.

I got 3 solid reps on the 230# Log Press and felt much stronger than ever before on that event. 3 reps on this in a minute is a PR for me.

Yoke carries were substituted for truck pulls. I carried the yoke with 700# on it 34 feet of the 80 feet. This is a PR as previously my best yoke carry ever was 600# for 40 feet.

I failed on the car deadlift. This is no surprise as my deadlifts are my weakest event. I have improved on them greatly in a year and hope to be making the lifts for my weightclass next year.

I was mistaken about the weights on the farmer and keg medly. The carry was with 250# in each hand and the keg was 330#. On the farmer carry, I carried 500# for the full 80 feet, dropping it only once (the second drop would disqualify me from continuing but I made it over the finish line without a second drop). This was a PR. I was able to carry the 330# keg only a few feet. I have never carried a 330# keg even one foot so that is technically a PR, though not a very impressive one. I screamed f**ck very loud when I picked up the keg -- it was so heavy it hurt to pick it up. We had been told not to cuss and swear, so I broke the rules on that one. But the organizer was cool and I said I was sorry so everything was good.

On the 330# Atlas Stone I got it over once and nearly gave up, but had so much time I tried a second time. The crowd was wild when they saw how hard i tried. I nearly got it over the second time, but it slipped and I failed. I have only ever lifted a 280# atlas stone so this was a PR.

So I got PR's on every event I completed and only failed to complete one event and even though I came in next to last, I figure I had a good day. To top it all off, I didn't hurt myself.

I am sorry to report one of our team mates tore his bicep muscle on the yoke carry. He and his wife left for the hospital. He'll be having surgery this coming week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic