Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

Lone Survivor

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
As a veteran of the US ARMY and all forces that fault and heroically died for our country and its allies....
I want so say thank you for the blood sweat and tears that the US special ops goes through....I just watched the movie in the title and was a part of that in many ways.....God Speed to you and yours...you have fault the fight that nobody knows about.....ever sees...ever heres about....and its for the best reasons.....so our children can go up strong and do the same...
hats of to the allied special operations....keep us strong..
Lone survivor is a true story....
dub..

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Amen brother, I'm with you on this. Men like those in lone survivor are the definition of selfless service. God Bless them. Operators are in an entirely different war/world, our member here CTJ is actually a cousin of Mike Murphy.

My wife just bought the book last night. I plan to read it when she's done.

Merica

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
The Green Zone is another good movie.

JDUB

JDUB

Mar 26, 2012
green zone....I need to google this

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Bought it last night bout to watch it now. Already have the audio book on my phone. Damn good story. Here is his 911 call after some ****ing pos killed daisy his dog. http://youtu.be/I3UFIkqx3Jg

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
Yes they are very brave, but don't forget to spare a thought for the victims

Why do we ignore the civilians killed in American wars?

By John Tirman,

As the United States officially ended the war in Iraq last month, President Obama spoke eloquently at Fort Bragg, N.C., lauding troops for “your patriotism, your commitment to fulfill your mission, your abiding commitment to one another,” and offering words of grief for the nearly 4,500 members of the U.S. armed forces who died in Iraq. He did not, however, mention the sacrifices of the Iraqi people.
This inattention to civilian deaths in America’s wars isn’t unique to Iraq. There’s little evidence that the American public gives much thought to the people who live in the nations where our military interventions take place. Think about the memorials on the Mall honoring American sacrifices in Korea and Vietnam. These are powerful, sacred spots, but neither mentions the people of those countries who perished in the conflicts.

The major wars the United States has fought since the surrender of Japan in 1945 — in Korea, Indochina, Iraq and Afghanistan — have produced colossal carnage. For most of them, we do not have an accurate sense of how many people died, but a conservative estimate is at least 6 million civilians and soldiers.
Our lack of acknowledgment is less oversight than habit, a self-reflective reaction to the horrors of war and an American tradition that goes back decades. We consider ourselves a generous and compassionate nation, and often we are...

However, when it comes to our wars overseas, concern for the victims is limited to U.S. troops. When concern for the native populations is expressed, it tends to be more strategic than empathetic, as with Gen. David H. Petraeus’s acknowledgment in late 2006 that harsh U.S. tactics were alienating Iraqi civilians and undermining Operation Iraqi Freedom

The wars in Korea and Indochina were extremely deadly. While estimates of Korean War deaths are mainly guesswork, the three-year conflict is widely believed to have taken 3 million lives, about half of them civilians. The sizable civilian toll was partly due to the fact that the country’s population is among the world’s densest and the war’s front lines were often moving.
The war in Vietnam and the spillover conflicts in Laos and Cambodia were even more lethal. These numbers are also hard to pin down, although by several scholarly estimates, Vietnamese military and civilian deaths ranged from 1.5 million to 3.8 million, with the U.S.-led campaign in Cambodia resulting in 600,000 to 800,000 deaths, and Laotian war mortality estimated at about 1 million....
Why the American silence on our wars’ main victims? Our self-image, based on what cultural historian Richard Slotkin calls “the frontier myth” — in which righteous violence is used to subdue or annihilate the savages of whatever land we’re trying to conquer — plays a large role. For hundreds of years, the frontier myth has been one of America’s sturdiest national narratives.
When the challenges from communism in Korea and Vietnam appeared, we called on these cultural tropes to understand the U.S. mission overseas. The same was true for Iraq and Afghanistan, with the news media and politicians frequently portraying Islamic terrorists as frontier savages. By framing each of these wars as a battle to civilize a lawless culture, we essentially typecast the local populations as theIndians of our North American conquest. ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...merican-wars/2011/12/05/gIQALCO4eP_story.html

Last edited:
R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Bought it last night bout to watch it now. Already have the audio book on my phone. Damn good story. Here is his 911 call after some ****ing pos killed daisy his dog. http://youtu.be/I3UFIkqx3Jg

Both the book and the movie were good. I remember reading about that kid who shot his dog. The dog was given to him to help him cope with the loss of his brothers. Marcus has a forum where you can BS with him. I registered after reading the book long before the movie came out and there were about 10 people on there.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Both the book and the movie were good. I remember reading about that kid who shot his dog. The dog was given to him to help him cope with the loss of his brothers. Marcus has a forum where you can BS with him. I registered after reading the book long before the movie came out and there were about 10 people on there.
Yes after his fallen comrades. He seems like a real awesome guy. Have watched several interviews with him. Just a good ol Texas boy.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
As a veteran of the US ARMY and all forces that fault and heroically died for our country and its allies....
I want so say thank you for the blood sweat and tears that the US special ops goes through....I just watched the movie in the title and was a part of that in many ways.....God Speed to you and yours...you have fault the fight that nobody knows about.....ever sees...ever heres about....and its for the best reasons.....so our children can go up strong and do the same...
hats of to the allied special operations....keep us strong..
Lone survivor is a true story....
dub..

Sheesh how long bro have you and I known each other in forums I had no idea you were fellow veteran . One more reason for me to luv ya lol

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I am reading the book now.

I read American Sniper too. Pretty good.
Its by Chris Kyle. Another bad as Navy Seal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic