Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Lesnar is back at 278lbs

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
First of all I think Overeem would mop the floor with dos santos if given the chance. Second thing, it seems everyone forgets Overeem has damn good Jiu-jitsu skills and is not a pure striker.

I think you have fallen into the same trap the masses have in thinking the guys in UFC are the best of the best at everything all the time. This is not always the case. There are some damn good guys coming in from other feds that are better , fighters such as Nick Diaz and Overeem. Brock is very much a one dimensional fighter and cannot win against 99% of his opponents without getting the fight to the ground. Whereas Overeem has submission victories over Jiu-jitsu blackbelts. He is a much more well rounded fighter, the hardest striker Brock has ever faced by far and is bigger than Brock.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
In no way do I think the ufc has the best of the best, not even close. personally I think k1 is where its at, I'd rather watch two people stand up trading blows then having a bjj shoot out.

Brock just has a decent Chance of running against him that'd all I'm saying.

Add far as bigger yeah by what 2” but gives up 22 lbs

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
he is not bigger than brock maybe taller by 2 inches..... he weights in at 260 he doesnt even have to cut weight to make the fight!!! brock is around 280 has to cut weight to make fights!!!! not to mention he is the strongest UFC fighter by far

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
First of all I think Overeem would mop the floor with dos santos if given the chance. Second thing, it seems everyone forgets Overeem has damn good Jiu-jitsu skills and is not a pure striker.

I think you have fallen into the same trap the masses have in thinking the guys in UFC are the best of the best at everything all the time. This is not always the case. There are some damn good guys coming in from other feds that are better , fighters such as Nick Diaz and Overeem. Brock is very much a one dimensional fighter and cannot win against 99% of his opponents without getting the fight to the ground. Whereas Overeem has submission victories over Jiu-jitsu blackbelts. He is a much more well rounded fighter, the hardest striker Brock has ever faced by far and is bigger than Brock.
Brock CAN take anyone to the ground is the point. Bringing another fighter into your world and making them feel stupid there is what makes MMA so interesting. 1+1 almost never equals 2. I have Overeem in the fight against Brock but IMO you can't count brock out against anyone.

I think Dos Santos/Overeem is a more interesting matchup than Dos Santos/Lesnar so I do hope he wins. I would love to see that battle. Dos Santos has destroyed everyone in his path and made it look easy. It would be cool to see him knock out Overeem.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Brock CAN take anyone to the ground is the point. Bringing another fighter into your world and making them feel stupid there is what makes MMA so interesting. 1+1 almost never equals 2. I have Overeem in the fight against Brock but IMO you can't count brock out against anyone.

I think Dos Santos/Overeem is a more interesting matchup than Dos Santos/Lesnar so I do hope he wins. I would love to see that battle. Dos Santos has destroyed everyone in his path and made it look easy. It would be cool to see him knock out Overeem.

Oh I agree that Brock is good at what he does. The point I was making is that Brock has to get the fight to the ground to win while Overeem can win on the feet or on the ground. In this fight Overeem has more ways he can end the fight. I'm not counting Brock out, I'm just saying I think he is over matched in this fight.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Oh I agree that Brock is good at what he does. The point I was making is that Brock has to get the fight to the ground to win while Overeem can win on the feet or on the ground. In this fight Overeem has more ways he can end the fight. I'm not counting Brock out, I'm just saying I think he is over matched in this fight.
I agree that Overeem has more ways to win the fight. Just less ways to control where it takes place. If I were him I would be looking for kicks and knees when Brock shoots and really working my subs from my back. That's how this fight IMO will be won or lost.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
brock is allot of hype. Tank Abbott back in the day would destroy brock

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
brock is allot of hype. Tank Abbott back in the day would destroy brock
Brock isn't Hype 99% of MMA fans doubted him completely and have since decided he's something to be watched. He doesn't have the skillset others do but comes out looking more like an MMA fighter every fight. Give the guy the credit he deserves. Plus he revived the UFC's HW division which previously was filled with light heavyweights.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
These are big guys so they should be working on submissions from side control (key lock and kimora) plain and simple. If you've done No Gi BJJ you know that if you can use your weight effectively you can get into this position and hold it. It's the fastest way to end a fight with the exception of a lowe body sub but you don't see them at all. I don't think I've seen a toe hold, heel hook, calf crush, etc.

And as for UFC having good BJJ skills I would say they are purple belt level at BEST. They are mediocre in their BJJ skills.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Brock isn't Hype 99% of MMA fans doubted him completely and have since decided he's something to be watched. He doesn't have the skillset others do but comes out looking more like an MMA fighter every fight. Give the guy the credit he deserves. Plus he revived the UFC's HW division which previously was filled with light heavyweights.

Agreed 100% on this.

BrotherIron said:
And as for UFC having good BJJ skills I would say they are purple belt level at BEST. They are mediocre in their BJJ skills.

Certainly you don't mean ALL UFC fighters? I have done plenty of no gi grappling and I teach Jiu-jitsu for MMA. While I agree some of the guys in UFC have less than grand Jiu-jitsu skills there are others who have world class grappling skills. Some who aren't even ranked.

Last edited:
gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011

hes entertaining to watch and i do give him credit, but the UFC to me is nowhere near to what it was back in the day. i think im just bored with it rite now. give me upcoming boxers on telemundo and im good

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
They need to go back to the day when it was 1 fighting style vs a different 1. Everyone is training the same shit so it's boring. I wanna see a judo guys against jui jitsu. I wanna see match ups like that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic