Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Lean Bulking

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Just wondering some peoples opinions on this. I personally think it is a complete waste of time and i dont consider it a bulk at all. I think people who are "LEAN Bulking" are pussys to add some fat to their body. Limiting your maximum growth.

If your gonna bulk up, then bulk the fuck up, thats what its about.

Bulking is not being pick with what the fuck you eat, you just want to get the calories in to GROW. When you cut is when you shed the fat off.

Get outa here with this Lean Bulking shit.

Just my opinion.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
wait a minute. dont you specifically talk about "lean bulking" in one of your youtube episodes?
you really need to get your shit straight man.
GS, where's the KBD show links at?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
wait a minute. dont you specifically talk about "lean bulking" in one of your youtube episodes?
you really need to get your shit straight man.
GS, where's the KBD show links at?

Of course i do, if you actually take me serious in those videos then u really need to wake up. lol. People are ignorant to believe in LEAN bulking.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
of course i dont take you serious in those videos...or anywhere else.
if you want a serious reply to the OP then here it is:
lean bulking IS possible over a longer period of time than say a 12 week gearfest filled with ice cream and chocolate cake and pop tarts.
to say that its not possible is ignorant. it just takes longer to bulk but the weight being put on is actually LBM as opposed to muscle AND bodyfat one would gain on a "standard" bulker. its true that the more calories one consumes, the more weight one will put on, but what those calories consist of will determine how lean one stays throughout the process of bulking.
i personally can stay below 15% BF without cardio and eating chee-tos and cherry coke every day so anytime i bulk it stays fairly lean. if i were to actually break down and count macros and eat 100% clean foods like a competitive bodybuilder then i could still gain weight but it will come slower and it will be a lot leaner.
yes, the term "lean bulk" is a bit of an oxymoron, but it is possible to do nonetheless

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
there is no such thing as a LEAN BULK....that is a over used term IMHO...there is CLEAN bulk and BULK but to put on mass and keep your abs...not gonna happen for most...only the genetically gifted stay lean and gain crazy size at the same time.

Reactions: KBD
KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
there is no such thing as a lean bulk....that is a over used term imho...there is clean bulk and bulk but to put on mass and keep your abs...not gonna happen for most...only the genetically gifted stay lean and gain crazy size at the same time.

thank you......

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
this is one of the biggest things i see holding ppl back....FOOD....i cant tell you how many times(im sure you see it to)ppl say O'my diets good or in check and i eat tons of food then they post what they are eating and your like WTF?? REALLY?? thats not enuff food for a 98lb womon let alone a 200lb man weight training....90% of the ppl training that think they are eating enuff are no where near where they should be....food is the most anabolic compound on the planet and without a LOT of it you will never be big or reach your genetic potential.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
there is no such thing as a LEAN BULK....that is a over used term IMHO...there is CLEAN bulk and BULK but to put on mass and keep your abs...not gonna happen for most...only the genetically gifted stay lean and gain crazy size at the same time.

I mostly agree with this... Not just the genetically gifted though... Ectomorphs as well. Like HisAngriness for example. If I sniffed his cherry coke I'd put on 5lbs of pure fat! But to me a bulk means excess calories. If you are eating excess calories the body will store those excess as fat. It just depends on how long you go. 10 weeks and say by to your abs. 6 and you might keep some semblance of them.

this is one of the biggest things i see holding ppl back....FOOD....i cant tell you how many times(im sure you see it to)ppl say O'my diets good or in check and i eat tons of food then they post what they are eating and your like WTF?? REALLY?? thats not enuff food for a 98lb womon let alone a 200lb man weight training....90% of the ppl training that think they are eating enuff are no where near where they should be....food is the most anabolic compound on the planet and without a LOT of it you will never be big or reach your genetic potential.

Right on... The same story with training - especially legs "I've tried everything they just won't grow."

Two great posts from luvthetest.

There is a similar thread on here though... And GetSome commented on it. He made a distinction between dirty bulking and phat pharming. Dirty bulk means eating pretty clean with an occassional cheat, but eating more than you should. Phat Pharming is ice cream and twinkies all day.

luvthetest

luvthetest

Jan 27, 2011
I mostly agree with this... Not just the genetically gifted though... Ectomorphs as well. Like HisAngriness for example. If I sniffed his cherry coke I'd put on 5lbs of pure fat! But to me a bulk means excess calories. If you are eating excess calories the body will store those excess as fat. It just depends on how long you go. 10 weeks and say by to your abs. 6 and you might keep some semblance of them.

Right on... The same story with training - especially legs "I've tried everything they just won't grow."

Two great posts from luvthetest.

There is a similar thread on here though... And GetSome commented on it. He made a distinction between dirty bulking and phat pharming. Dirty bulk means eating pretty clean with an occassional cheat, but eating more than you should. Phat Pharming is ice cream and twinkies all day.

agree....but if you know your body well and the foods it responds best to you can eat way more than you think and keep the body fat under control especially if you use higher protein...dont mix carbs and fat..and for some carb cut offs work very well....ectos and mesos are easy to deal with endos are the hard ones to find the happy medium with as far as food goes..i put myself some where between an endo and a meso but when training heavy doing cardio 30mins 3x per wk and on a nice blast i can eat 6800cals a day and gain a lb a wk but no cheats all food has to be clean....and IMHO ectos and mesos are gifted its the endos that get the shitty genetics.

and agree 100% about training...ppl have no idea how hard they need to train to put on mass..and by hard i dont mean volume i mean the intensity it takes.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
agree....but if you know your body well and the foods it responds best to you can eat way more than you think and keep the body fat under control especially if you use higher protein...dont mix carbs and fat..and for some carb cut offs work very well....ectos and mesos are easy to deal with endos are the hard ones to find the happy medium with as far as food goes..i put myself some where between an endo and a meso but when training heavy doing cardio 30mins 3x per wk and on a nice blast i can eat 6800cals a day and gain a lb a wk but no cheats all food has to be clean....and IMHO ectos and mesos are gifted its the endos that get the shitty genetics.

and agree 100% about training...ppl have no idea how hard they need to train to put on mass..and by hard i dont mean volume i mean the intensity it takes.

Ok we're 100% agreed now ;)

T

TheLawnJanitor

Just wondering some peoples opinions on this. I personally think it is a complete waste of time and i dont consider it a bulk at all. I think people who are "LEAN Bulking" are pussys to add some fat to their body. Limiting your maximum growth.

If your gonna bulk up, then bulk the fuck up, thats what its about.

Bulking is not being pick with what the fuck you eat, you just want to get the calories in to GROW. When you cut is when you shed the fat off.

Get outa here with this Lean Bulking shit.

Just my opinion.

Read AJ's post 'the myth of the lean bulk'

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic