Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

LA Clippers Owner

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
As long as people are different, as a whole we all will always have some sense of gravitating towards those who are similar to us, and seeing those who are different from us as such. So there will always be some sense of "discrimination", "racism", "bigotry", etc among groups - it's human nature. This is especially true when individual people re-enforce stereotypes.

With that being said and with all due respect to everyone here, it's time to put the whole guilt thing about what happened hundreds of years ago aside IMO. Some bad things happened in Africa, the US, and elsewhere throughout the world hundreds of years ago. And those things continue to happen in Africa and some other places, although they were outlawed here 150 years ago - long before any of us were born. I refuse to take blame or responsibility for what people did here hundreds of years ago, and I think this is an important hurdle to get past for the sake of true equality.

The ironic thing is, every culture segregates themselves. In my town, there is a high population of Chinese, Mexican and blacks as well as whites. Regardless of ethnicity, they stick together. Every neighborhood has a "Chinese section". This was happening in my old neighborhood until we were the only whites left on three blocks. lol Other than the milllions of minivans they drove, and their inability to navigate past parked cars while driving, they were always quite nice and courteous, but def liked to stay in their groups.

It's a unique phenomenon. People just stick to what they are most comfortable with, and it's interesting that whites no longer segregate, but each group does it themselves anyway.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I don't even understand that either. Sharpton has a big mouth and I'm sure a lot of people would just love to punch his face in no doubt.

Yuuuup. Makes me want to throw up. Unreal. It seems racism is accepted and tolerated only for certain etnic groups. I dont say that to stir the pot by any means, unfortunately it is true.

I would LOVE for it to come out that Oprah said some racist things many years ago and its on tape. I bet you they would kiss her ass, and say she made a mistake and that was so long ago, it doesnt matter. Yet we have Paula Dean saying something, and she loses her show, endorsements, etc.. I hope the owner sues the **** out of the NBA and wins..

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Answer 1: Larry King.

Answer 2: BET is extremely successful. There are, thanks to the now openminded cable providers, plenty of ethnic-based TV stations available so that minorities in the US can better attune themselves to their culture's current activities. It just so happens that BET is the most commercially successful. Telemundo is another perfect example of where ethnicity is particularly catered to so that their target demographic can experience a more familiar entertainment experience. Not hypocrisy, just marketing. My opinion as to why there's no White Entertainment Television: ever since the inception of mass media white people have had more targeted demographic programming then any other race. We are the majority, so that makes sense, and we did oppress many races in our pursuit of freedom (irony at its best/worst), so we should be overly-sensitive to how our actions can affect those around us. Why get angry when the minority aims to please their own on a national level? I think it's a beautiful thing. I can still include myself by watching BET while staying entertained as well as they can watch Duck Dynasty and stay laughing. That's what's great about this country.

Answer 3: Ralphie May. Gary Owen. Lisa Lampanelli. Howard Stern. Nick Dapiolo. Sarah Silverman. Jeff Ross. Artie Lange. The list is longer...

Just because some haven't become household names doesn't mean they aren't present, successful and active.

After reading your list it's obvious that the word ''Racist'' has been used so much and so liberally it has lost it's meaning. The people you listed are faaaar left liberals and their comedy shtick isn't ''racist'', if so you would see them crucified on tv like the Clippers owner right?
Things are so twisted in this country they have people accepting it 's ok to have Black Entertainment Channel, Negor College fund, Black Caucus (politicians), La Raza, Maldef and the list goes on BUT..You are a flaming racist if you want a White Entertainment Channel, White College Fund, White Caucus.
So it's ''Beautiful'' if Mexicans have La Raza (means 'The Race) in politics but Aryan Brotherhood are all racists?
I'm sorry Brother I couldn't disagree with your whole premise more. ''Whites'' have bled to Free more people than any other race on the planet, combined.

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
I would LOVE for it to come out that Oprah said some racist things many years ago and its on tape. I bet you they would kiss her ass, and say she made a mistake and that was so long ago, it doesnt matter. Yet we have Paula Dean saying something, and she loses her show, endorsements, etc.. I hope the owner sues the **** out of the NBA and wins..

The only person who hates white people more than oprah is bill cosby. They played a big part in dave chappel going off air because they said he was disrespecting his own race.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
The only person who hates white people more than oprah is bill cosby. They played a big part in dave chappel going off air because they said he was disrespecting his own race.

Dave Chappelle was the funniest man on the planet!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Dave Chappelle summed it all up nicely.

[video]http://www.cc.com/video-clips/lj7gkm/chappelle-s-show-black-monsters---uncensored[/video]

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic