RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012

Last edited:
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
good points. But i will have to disagree on the statement where you said whites oppressed many ethnic groups so its ok for them to do it back, it should never be ok for any reason.

Thanks. I never said, "whites oppressed many ethnic groups so its ok for them to do it back" though. I did say because of the long-term oppression experienced by others at the hands of the majority it's our responsibility to be sensitive to the levels of degradation, no matter how funny it may be, we communicate.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks. I never said, "whites oppressed many ethnic groups so its ok for them to do it back" though. I did say because of the long-term oppression experienced by others at the hands of the majority it's our responsibility to be sensitive to the levels of degradation, no matter how funny it may be, we communicate.

Correction. I misread your post. I went back and edited after reading it again, sorry bro wasnt trying to put words in your mouth.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Correction. I misread your post. I went back and edited after reading it again, sorry bro wasnt trying to put words in your mouth.

No problem my dude. It's nice to have civilized discussions about social topics. Y'all have a good day!

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
For sure man.

Last edited:
IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I wear Axe body spray, but I live in a black neighborhood, so its called "Ask"... and if you don't get that then clearly you are not racist...

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I wear Axe body spray, but I live in a black neighborhood, so its called "Ask"... and if you don't get that then clearly you are not racist...

Your posts crack me up! I told my wife this morning you said for Sterling to sell the team to Don Imus for five dollars and a watermelon, lol. Good stuff! I dont care who you are that shit is funny!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Your posts crack me up! I told my wife this morning you said for Sterling to sell the team to Don Imus for five dollars and a watermelon, lol. Good stuff! I dont care who you are that shit is funny!
I am here to please sir! how have you been old friend?

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
we did oppress many races in our pursuit of freedom (irony at its best/worst), so we should be overly-sensitive to how our actions can affect those around us.

As long as people are different, as a whole we all will always have some sense of gravitating towards those who are similar to us, and seeing those who are different from us as such. So there will always be some sense of "discrimination", "racism", "bigotry", etc among groups - it's human nature. This is especially true when individual people re-enforce stereotypes.

With that being said and with all due respect to everyone here, it's time to put the whole guilt thing about what happened hundreds of years ago aside IMO. Some bad things happened in Africa, the US, and elsewhere throughout the world hundreds of years ago. And those things continue to happen in Africa and some other places, although they were outlawed here 150 years ago - long before any of us were born. I refuse to take blame or responsibility for what people did here hundreds of years ago, and I think this is an important hurdle to get past for the sake of true equality.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic