Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

JB's Flood & Destroy 8 Week Journal

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
BI, I dont' think he's been in a monolift, speculating on how awesome it would be not to be walking a dangerous weight to a start point and then having to set up do the set then walk it back. I'm there too, having had a knee reconstruct I'm a little over walking that kind of weight around would love to be able to set up lock up a few inches and then have someone pull that thing. Wish there were more of them around for sure!

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I think a monolift would add another 20+! My knees are wrapped so tight that the circulation is cut off and the 2 min to go back and set my feet right would be huge if I didn't have to.

I just need to really work on my shoulder to get my bench back up. I think I am being very conservative on my bench and deads because I don won't to injure it again! So for now I am gonna hit reverse band bench to get to rom going with he higher weights, even thought abou doing reverse dead lifts.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI, I dont' think he's been in a monolift, speculating on how awesome it would be not to be walking a dangerous weight to a start point and then having to set up do the set then walk it back. I'm there too, having had a knee reconstruct I'm a little over walking that kind of weight around would love to be able to set up lock up a few inches and then have someone pull that thing. Wish there were more of them around for sure!

Awwwww. My bad. I completely understand how you feel about your knees. I had my switched out for a cadavers a long time ago but they still ache when the weight gets heavy.

I think a monolift would add another 20+! My knees are wrapped so tight that the circulation is cut off and the 2 min to go back and set my feet right would be huge if I didn't have to.

20lbs is no small amount. I'll have to give Curtis's a try when SS gets back. I don't wrap my knees. I just wear sleeves but I'm sure it would still help.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I would wrap them. I can promise you will see a difference in the spring up. I got one set from Inzer and I feel like they were casted around my knees. Its a workout putting them on for sure.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would wrap them. I can promise you will see a difference in the spring up. I got one set from Inzer and I feel like they were casted around my knees. Its a workout putting them on for sure.

I figure for the wraps I'll use them when I get closer to the meet I choose. I know it'll increase my squat but I'll keep using the numbers I have and than go for it come meet time after the opener.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Awwwww. My bad. I completely understand how you feel about your knees. I had my switched out for a cadavers a long time ago but they still ache when the weight gets heavy.

I got the hamstring graft when they did mine. How long have you had the cadavers, no problems with rejection? I was pretty happy to have it done, still swells up a little when I pound on it, but other than that holding up pretty good.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I got the hamstring graft when they did mine. How long have you had the cadavers, no problems with rejection? I was pretty happy to have it done, still swells up a little when I pound on it, but other than that holding up pretty good.

I've had the cadavers for 19yrs now. I was EXTREMELY lucky that I didn't have any complications. The docs told me I was one of the first cases to require both knees due to a bone disease. I don't put much faith in docs though b/c 6 or so docs told me it was just growing pains when it happened. If I listened to them I'd be permanently in a wheelchair. They don't swell but they do ache a lot when it's cold.

Last edited:
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Same here with the cold, my wife says I get some attitude when the weather changes LOL.. I got mine back in 98, but the knee has been the least of my problems. In 04 I snapped my right humerus in half pitching in a baseball game got a nice 10" titanium plate pieced together with 10 screws, that joker can feel the weather. I guess all the things we've done to ourselves when we were younger are what they are it's amazing to me how many of us fight back against that stuff everyday. Look at Hawkeye's blown bicep he's 3 months out from surgery on, he's amazing. I guess we all have a good combo of too hard headed to quite and we just love moving heavy objects :D

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's our stubbornness and passion that makes us so good at what we do.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
More studying material. God bless!

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Halo and I use to have a few solid logs on bop but they are always wiping stuff and breaking down over there

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic