Latest Member
Margo-89
What's New?

JB's 5 month prep with sheiko

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
She has something of a point... It looks kinda silly when you see the guy at the monolift hanging on the barbell by his suspenders of his suit trying to get it on right...

Didn't show her that! Lol

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Say what????????????????

I'm going to start adding knee wraps into my heaviest lifts on my squat days. I'll wrap my knees on Week 3 for my bonus singles. Just want to make sure my knees are ok b/c I have to push them like a mofo this year. I mean, my wife back squatted 525lbsX2 in just wraps and a belt on her last Squat day so I gotta step it up BIG TIME.

I'm also contemplating adding briefs in the future as well. That'll give my hips more stability which will help with the big weights. Lastly, I need to pick up a sling shot for bench. That'll help save my shoulders b/c everyone knows my left shoulder is jacked from Olympic Weightlifting.

I'm not completely crossing over just yet so you won't see me in a bench shirt or squat suit but who knows what'll happen in time.

Curtis is bringing me my new pair of knee wraps tomorrow so it's going to begin very soon.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Here's the thing I have considered...after talking to a lot of equipped lifters, several have noted an increase in their raw lifts (that is if you don't become a complete gear whore and get out of your equipment between your training cycles). I have often thought about this and never pulled the trigger. My biggest issue, is I often train solo and I just don't see me being able to train consistently in equipment. Secondly, technique is huge. It has to be learned and you need tons of reps in a shirt. I am intrigued by pushing insane weight though and more power to anyone who chooses this route. Multi-ply has become a bit of a freak show, but it is what it is...without making this a raw vs equipped discussion, I think it can be a good thing for lifters and often times prevents injuries and prolongs some lifters careers. Don't know how many guys with shoulder issues or pec issues that have been allowed to compete due to adding gear. Looking forward to reading some insane numbers from you guys!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Oh and one other thing before I get off my soap box...I take less of an issue with an experience lifter who has been training for a long time compared to say a novice just wanting to throw on a shirt (who probably things he/she is going to press 900 lbs just because they have a shirt on) without truly training or pushing it to their limits.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I 100% agree with everything. I am looking for strong numbers but also looking at the next years goals. I have a Guy in the area that has a mono lift in his garage and I am thinking about going there twice a week. 4 guys all equipped lifters. I know I have my squats in the mid 600's raw so I am hoping this squat suit will jump it up with in a few months. Sheiko is a great program but squat volume is killing me right now. Plus not hitting Kroc Rows, OHP and reduced tricep movements arent helping. My pulls need help badly and I am sure the suit will help. Hopefully Flat will send me his Hybrid WSBB plans

I will be going back to farmers walks and more plate pinches trying to get this up. I got it in me just need to get the shit out.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I 100% agree with everything. I am looking for strong numbers but also looking at the next years goals. I have a Guy in the area that has a mono lift in his garage and I am thinking about going there twice a week. 4 guys all equipped lifters. I know I have my squats in the mid 600's raw so I am hoping this squat suit will jump it up with in a few months. Sheiko is a great program but squat volume is killing me right now. Plus not hitting Kroc Rows, OHP and reduced tricep movements arent helping. My pulls need help badly and I am sure the suit will help. Hopefully Flat will send me his Hybrid WSBB plans

I will be going back to farmers walks and more plate pinches trying to get this up. I got it in me just need to get the shit out.

I will see if I can get ahold of him...it's a solid routine. I did it for a while. Awesome routine. And with you getting into gear, it should help. You are right, Sheiko is honestly geared for raw lifters in my opinion and with equipped, you don't probably need as many reps. Obviously, its going to take more out of you playing with bigger weight...

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
yeah new goal will be 2000 by year end so we shall see.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Looking at 575 bench (got 500 with slingshot 420 raw) 650 dead and 750 squat maybe 800! Not sure how it will pan out but I know I got it in me! I got 650 raw on squat (raw) so this is gonna be my anchor! I got 11 months to make it happen and a lot of drive.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Looking at 575 bench (got 500 with slingshot 420 raw) 650 dead and 750 squat maybe 800! Not sure how it will pan out but I know I got it in me! I got 650 raw on squat (raw) so this is gonna be my anchor! I got 11 months to make it happen and a lot of drive.

11 months is a lifetime so just focus and than do it. If the meet is near me I'll come support ya.

You pulling conventional or sumo?

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Looking forward to watching you bro, now get after it!!!

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
funny u ask. I never tried sumo since I started doing widestance squats! The last time It killed my groin. Since I have been doing WS squats it's probably good to go. Getting ready to go knock out chest today day 1 of 5/3/1.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic