Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Inversion Tables, Ice Baths, Dry Needling, Sea Moss, Cooking with Sous Vide, Pilates, Resistant Bands

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
My wife has similar stenosis shit going on. She's been dealing with it for years - all stems from her and my son getting hit head on by a drunk driver 13 years ago. She's going under the knife at the end of the month. Not getting a fusion though. It's called a "french door laminoplasty". Basically they filet the back of your neck open like a fish, saw down the cervical spine, and then crack it open like a french door to give the spinal chord room to function.

We went to a top neurosurgeon in the country and this is what he recommends. He says she is to young for a fusion.
How old is she? I’m “only” 40 I was 38 when I had the initial injury.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
How old is she? I’m “only” 40 I was 38 when I had the initial injury.

She's 39. Dr says this will last at least 25 years, and if she has to go back in her 60's, then it will be time for a fusion.

Once you get a fusion - that's it. All over.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Yeah. I know I need to do something about the stenosis but fusing that much of my spine scares me. It’s just amusing if you are looking from the outside.
All the years of stupid shit I drunken shit I did as a younger person. Fights. Climbing up the side of triple deckers and run around the edges of the roof. Years of sports, heavy lifting never any real injury’s. Rent an air n b and a guy dry fits a patio on a house he rents to family’s and my body gets wrecked while going to take the top off a tiki torch while firing up a grill…

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
The inversion table is a good tool for me. I can only handle 3-5 min like genetic freak said but the stretch is so nice. I do the full hang though. When I twist and lean to one side I a great hip pull. I do this 5x a week before I touch a weight. Stretching 6x/wk for 25 min helps but I lock back up in an hour or so.

I do the full hang too along with the twist and a few sit-ups (2-3). I'll do 3-4 sets 3 minutes full hang then horizontal for about a minute then back to full hang.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Anyone remember the old gravity boots from back in the late 80's?

Yep. I used my paper route money and got a pair when I was like 10 from MVP sports. I had a plan to make myself taller. Didn't work...

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Yep. I used my paper route money and got a pair when I was like 10 from MVP sports. I had a plan to make myself taller. Didn't work...
So just stayed short and sexy?

I hung out of the squat rack with an old bent bar across the top. I was always afraid I'd end up hanging from one leg until the dog smelled me or the mortgage needed to be paid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic