Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Inversion Tables, Ice Baths, Dry Needling, Sea Moss, Cooking with Sous Vide, Pilates, Resistant Bands

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
As the title suggests, you see I am all over the place. ...lolol. trying different shiat these days.

1. Inversion Table: After lumbar sx in March. I am told my Fitness is on, point, but the discomfort, pain still exist on busier days. I don't tolerate pain meds well (Percocet, Roxicodone nausea, vomiting..etc), Tramadol is more tolerable with Tylenol. Muscle Relaxers knock me out (baclofen, flexeril). Just received a Rx for Zanaflex. I am doing Dry Needling and Cupping. I can't return to work on Pain meds. Next are steroid injections and I am asking if anyone has ever tried those Inversion Tables. Ice Baths.

2. Cooking with Sous Vide: I bought one of these. My nephew is a chef, and he made the most moist London Broil, I have ever had. Seems a more healthier way to cook food. Again, any of you muscle heads try ?

Sea Moss: is this another Hype, or has anyone tried.

Resistant Bands, Pilates: I started Pilates, as suggested by my Spine Surgeon. To develop my Core. I must admit, 15min into the class, and I'm sweating. So I am waiting for my Resistant Bands and thinking about purchasing a Pilates Reformer. Any Thoughts ?

Thanks well in advance, my Muscle Head family. Love you All.

2ez...aka Midlife Crisis Man.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
For me, inversion table is a life saver. If I take a few days off from using it, my back is a total wreck. I usually spend 3-5 minutes in it at a 30-45 degree decline. I never got much more relief at the steeper declines, so I just keep it minor. My only wish, I could get the same feeling as the first time I used it. I could literally feel the muscles relaxing and blood flow improve. My lower back had a massive warming sensation. It was euphoric. I guess it would be akin to a drug user chasing that first high.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
For me, inversion table is a life saver. If I take a few days off from using it, my back is a total wreck. I usually spend 3-5 minutes in it at a 30-45 degree decline. I never got much more relief at the steeper declines, so I just keep it minor. My only wish, I could get the same feeling as the first time I used it. I could literally feel the muscles relaxing and blood flow improve. My lower back had a massive warming sensation. It was euphoric. I guess it would be akin to a drug user chasing that first high.

I have a pinched nerve in my neck that has been getting worse lately. Left tricep has atrophied and steadily weakened. Do you think an inversion table would help with this?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Plus 1 for inversion tables. Probably one of the top reasons I can still walk. No need to spend a lot just get the cheapest one that can support your weight.
at BDcool, I don’t think the inversion table will help with cervical issues, more lumbar stuff. I have both and it doesn’t affect my neck

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I have a pinched nerve in my neck that has been getting worse lately. Left tricep has atrophied and steadily weakened. Do you think an inversion table would help with this?
There are at home traction devices you can get:
- A hook and pulley hangs at the top of your door
- You have a water bag with marks on it to denote poundage

That said, I would do A LOT of research as how much to start with and how long, how frequent, etc as you could potentially make yourself worse obviously, but many people do use this method.

There is a "balloon" type cervical collar as well...

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Sous Vide is an amazing way to cook I've done it many many many times. In fact cook Thanksgiving dinner sous vide style like a couple years ago. Marinated the turkey breast and then sous vide it and then threw it and boiling peanut oil for a short time and it came out perfect. I've done everything from chicken to vegetables to beef and always comes out amazing

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Sous Vide is an amazing way to cook I've done it many many many times. In fact cook Thanksgiving dinner sous vide style like a couple years ago. Marinated the turkey breast and then sous vide it and then threw it and boiling peanut oil for a short time and it came out perfect. I've done everything from chicken to vegetables to beef and always comes out amazing

I have one too. Works great.
I like to cook short ribs Sous Vide style. Even had cooked it for almost 48 hours.
I think the 24 hour Sous Vide short ribs are just as good.
Take a cheap steak and cock it Sous Vide and it comes out so tender and good.
I like how you did the turkey breast and flash fried it after. Might try that one day.

Sous vide- Always scared me cooking in plastic.
Keep in mind you cook it at low temperature.
Like 120-130 so it does not heat the plastic up that much.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I am with the others on this, I do not think the inversion table would help for the simple fact there would not be enough resistance/gravitational pull.

I would second what Myosin suggested. Also, have you ever seen a Sports Massage Therapist? They use a technique with a towel that is similar to traction that works pretty damn well. My wife was complaining about her neck today, so I did this for her and she felt immediate relief.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic