Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Inversion Tables, Ice Baths, Dry Needling, Sea Moss, Cooking with Sous Vide, Pilates, Resistant Bands

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
There are at home traction devices you can get:
- A hook and pulley hangs at the top of your door
- You have a water bag with marks on it to denote poundage

That said, I would do A LOT of research as how much to start with and how long, how frequent, etc as you could potentially make yourself worse obviously, but many people do use this method.

There is a "balloon" type cervical collar as well...
They do traction on my neck at the end of my physical therapy sessions three times a week I love it. Really gives it a great stretch. Having surgery soon though they said once my spine is fused no more traction. Bummed me out really bad haha.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
It’s like a lay down machine they put you in. It’s pretty cool. I love it

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
They do traction on my neck at the end of my physical therapy sessions three times a week I love it. Really gives it a great stretch. Having surgery soon though they said once my spine is fused no more traction. Bummed me out really bad haha.
Which levels are you having Fused .....and good luck !

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Anyone ?

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
oh dang, you're right, no traction because it's not needed in their opinion or it would be detrimental to the fusion?

I've seen a few kids in halo traction in the bed, with weights added... any time you would turn or transport them you have to take the weight off first, then realign and put the weights back on... it's crazy, once you take the weights/traction off, they'd be in such pain, wincing and moaning, then you add say a 10# sand bag to the pulley and they're so relieved.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
oh dang, you're right, no traction because it's not needed in their opinion or it would be detrimental to the fusion?

I've seen a few kids in halo traction in the bed, with weights added... any time you would turn or transport them you have to take the weight off first, then realign and put the weights back on... it's crazy, once you take the weights/traction off, they'd be in such pain, wincing and moaning, then you add say a 10# sand bag to the pulley and they're so relieved.
Bad for the fusion at least that’s what they are saying now.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Which levels are you having Fused .....and good luck !
basically c2-c3 all the way to 6c7 67-T1 are all crushed and broken (i don’t fully understand) even though I’ve read a lot about it and they want to take out and fuse c3/c4 c5/c6 to start? I surgery is tentatively scheduled for the 6th and have pre surgery meeting October 30th but I’d like to have two artificial disks because that’s the max they can do and just have two fused instead of a four disk fusion but my insurance company is legit ignoring me.
I had this fall over two years ago and knew right when I landed on my hands I knew my triceps had ripped off so I had that surgery to reattach everything and fix a bunch of vascular issues that actually caused my elbow bone to basically die so they removed it instead of the original plan of using it to put everything back in using the bone. But I’ve been saying the whole time something else is wrong I have pain in my neck numbness down both my arms (which turned to pain) and they just kind of brushed me off and said you had a bad injury it’s 18-24 months to get back to close to normal it’s probably arthritis plus you also have a non displaced break in your right arm that we are waiting to get worse before we address see you in six months.

But I was getting worse and worse and worse.
Then finally in late June they said you need a spinal MRI. Your whole neck has been broken the whole time whoopsie.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
But they don’t think it’s the broken disks or the loss all the spinal fluid that’s causing the constant arm pain it’s the stenosis (severe narrowing) of the spine especially on left side. So I’m still not sure what’s happening. If anyone is great at reading mris I’d be happy to share mine.

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I can’t cut and paste for for some reason snd I won’t send full thing because it’s just send pictures of whole
Report because every vertebrae has its long ass section. Don’t want to bore anyone
But I know when every section says “severe spinal canal stenosis with distortion of ventral spinal cord severe disk bulging/osteopathic riding/ spurring , severe fracture, osteophytes throughout, unstable disks, severe disk disease, signs of past hemorrhaging at T1. But in the impressions section they only mention a few things after a giant report. Oh it’s just severe spinal canal stenosis and fractures throughout. That’s why he might be in pain?

Attachments

• IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2825.jpeg
    IMG_2825.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 41
BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Thank you guys for the feedback. It is very much appreciated!!!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I can’t cut and paste for for some reason snd I won’t send full thing because it’s just send pictures of whole
Report because every vertebrae has its long ass section. Don’t want to bore anyone
But I know when every section says “severe spinal canal stenosis with distortion of ventral spinal cord severe disk bulging/osteopathic riding/ spurring , severe fracture, osteophytes throughout, unstable disks, severe disk disease, signs of past hemorrhaging at T1. But in the impressions section they only mention a few things after a giant report. Oh it’s just severe spinal canal stenosis and fractures throughout. That’s why he might be in pain?

My wife has similar stenosis shit going on. She's been dealing with it for years - all stems from her and my son getting hit head on by a drunk driver 13 years ago. She's going under the knife at the end of the month. Not getting a fusion though. It's called a "french door laminoplasty". Basically they filet the back of your neck open like a fish, saw down the cervical spine, and then crack it open like a french door to give the spinal chord room to function.

We went to a top neurosurgeon in the country and this is what he recommends. He says she is to young for a fusion.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
The inversion table is a good tool for me. I can only handle 3-5 min like genetic freak said but the stretch is so nice. I do the full hang though. When I twist and lean to one side I a great hip pull. I do this 5x a week before I touch a weight. Stretching 6x/wk for 25 min helps but I lock back up in an hour or so.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic