SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Intra workout aminos, anyone?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Gluconeogenesis?

Highly unlikely at the dose (will not discuss) that I take when I use slin. And when I said that I "pound" them, I'm talking about 10-15g preworkout, sipping roughly 20-25g intraworkout (two+ hours), and then 15-20g post workout, along with creatine and vitargo/carbolyn.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
I train first thing in the morning so yes.

Fasted doesn't mean you didn't eat prior to lifting, it means post absorptive. If you ate dinner the night before, you are still in an absorptive state.

Highly unlikely at the dose (will not discuss) that I take when I use slin. And when I said that I "pound" them, I'm talking about 10-15g preworkout, sipping roughly 20-25g intraworkout (two+ hours), and then 15-20g post workout, along with creatine and vitargo/carbolyn.

BCAA or EAA blend?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Ok, then no. I have experimented with fasting though. So what's the difference? Worthwhile when fasted?
the Ndure also has creatine, beta alanine etc.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Ok, then no. I have experimented with fasting though. So what's the difference? Worthwhile when fasted?
the Ndure also has creatine, beta alanine etc.

Leucine seems to be worthwhile when in a fasted state, reason being is 5g of leucine can spike mTor for 2-3 hours than as the effect dissipates it brings cAmp back into play, but stronger (cyclic amp is a main fat burning pathway)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Leucine by itself or combine with other stuff?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Animal EAA, with a little bump of bcaa peak from inner armour.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
No complaints, but it is not cheap at the doses I use. Then again, I only use slin 2x/week when I run it, so it's acceptable. I'll look into the CL purple wrath.

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Useless...

Diesel,

First, I want to make clear that you are a cool and smart dude. You debate w/ out any type of personal attack, and I respect that. And your advice is usually spot on.

I used to own a supplement store, and of course, many sups are worthless. However, BCCA's are not. I did a little "test" with myself and some other lab rats, and what we found was that BCCA's, taken while training speed recovery.

The best is a product called Extend by Scivation. I am a very strong advocate of high intensity training. When training w/ maximal effort, the body burns disproportionately the BCAA's.

I and he lab rats noticed that when we used Extend, that muscle soreness was discernibly less, and recovery was more rapid.

I usually have solid food 2 hours prior to training, Extend (or any other quality BCCA) during training, and whey after.

Protein powder (whey and Casein) a good multi vitamin, and an intra BCAA should be the foundation of any regimin, whether on cycle or off.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
BCAAs have only two circumstances that have been proven over and over to be worth a shit.

1. During fasting, as already stated. I do an IF diet, and taking BCAAs actually doesn't interfere with your fast if you are trying to prevent a break and need to get through a workout. (According to Mark Burkham)

2. While dieting down hard. This is where I recommend you re-think your strategy though. Needing BCAAs because you're dieting hard means you might have other things to worry about, like why are you dieting that hard to start with and what are other potential options.

You get all of the BCAAs you will ever need if you're meeting your protein requirements daily.

Reactions: SAD
Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Diesel,

First, I want to make clear that you are a cool and smart dude. You debate w/ out any type of personal attack, and I respect that. And your advice is usually spot on.

I used to own a supplement store, and of course, many sups are worthless. However, BCCA's are not. I did a little "test" with myself and some other lab rats, and what we found was that BCCA's, taken while training speed recovery.

The best is a product called Extend by Scivation. I am a very strong advocate of high intensity training. When training w/ maximal effort, the body burns disproportionately the BCAA's.

I and he lab rats noticed that when we used Extend, that muscle soreness was discernibly less, and recovery was more rapid.

I usually have solid food 2 hours prior to training, Extend (or any other quality BCCA) during training, and whey after.

Protein powder (whey and Casein) a good multi vitamin, and an intra BCAA should be the foundation of any regimin, whether on cycle or off.

Xtend**

And it's far from "the best", at best its still an underdosed, inferior 2:1:1 BCAA product.

10:1:1 has been the only dose to have an effect on body composition.

BCAAs have only two circumstances that have been proven over and over to be worth a shit.

1. During fasting, as already stated. I do an IF diet, and taking BCAAs actually doesn't interfere with your fast if you are trying to prevent a break and need to get through a workout. (According to Mark Burkham)

2. While dieting down hard. This is where I recommend you re-think your strategy though. Needing BCAAs because you're dieting hard means you might have other things to worry about, like why are you dieting that hard to start with and what are other potential options.

You get all of the BCAAs you will ever need if you're meeting your protein requirements daily.

This is exactly why it is useless, except for the two circumstances stated above.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
How do you feel about BCAA Peak by Inner Armour, Diesel? 12:1:1 ratio and some useless (you taught me this) glutamine. Cheaper, gram for gram, than Modern BCAA, and tastes better too, IMO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic