Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Intra workout aminos, anyone?

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
I had an SP101 in .357 for a while. One day, while hunting in Pa I came across a bear at close range and was feeling a little under gunned with it. THe next week I traded it in for a Smith 626 in .44 mag. Found it used for an awesome deal. I Modded the SP101 though...hogue grips, lowered spring weights, smoothed trigger and hammer etc. Was butter when I was done with it. Did all the work myself and was lots of fun. NOthing easier than modding a revolver. Too bad they aren't all that easy.

I don't think any hollow points are going to work on a bear. You need FMJ to penetrate. I would run, unless I had a minimum of a .223 round from a long gun.

Do you still have the Ruger.....want to sell it? Lot of gun in such a little package, and wheel guns always go BOOM. If you guys are ever in my neck of the woods, lets put our differences aside and go to the range.

We have a big problem w/ Ferrel hogs in these parts, and most farmers I know of use an AK, or an AR if they can afford it.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
this thread lost my interest around page 3. its unfortunate too because it had the potential to be very helpful and informative, not only for us now but for future members and newcomers as well

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Agrreed HA... I was actually learning something here... Can we get a cleanup on this and get it back on track?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
OK... after cutting through all the Bullshit I have gathered... with proper diet then there is no need for BCAA's unless you are on slin... I do not have a proper diet simply becasue my schedule is Fukt... So, is it still beneficial to me to suppliment my BCAA's intrawokrout or not? I also add glutamine...

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
OK... after cutting through all the Bullshit I have gathered... with proper diet then there is no need for BCAA's unless you are on slin... I do not have a proper diet simply becasue my schedule is Fukt... So, is it still beneficial to me to suppliment my BCAA's intrawokrout or not? I also add glutamine...

What are your stats and how much protein are you taking in currently? Do you get around 1g/lb LBM of protein? If so the evidence shows BCAA supplementation is not beneficial bc you'd already be getting plenty of BCAAs through whole protein sources in your diet. If you eat a meal prior to working out than again BCAAs aren't needed as the food you ate prior is still being digested and assimilated during the workout.

glutamine is another worthless supplement unless you're doing prolonged endurance activities or a vegetarian (likely would be deficient in glutamine).

http://examine.com/supplements/Glutamine/

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
thanks doc... I will just finish out the glutamine and not re-up... as for the BCAA's and protein to LBM... no... I am not getting the proper ratio of protein per LB I should in my diet... I try, but my schedule simply doesnt allow me the liberty of eating a meal every 2-3 hours and working out in the morning or evening for 2 hours... I eat as clean as possible and workout on my lunch break when I can... if I get 3-4 workouts in ever week I am doing good... I try to supplement where I can to make up for inefficiencies in my diet an workout... I am open to suggestions for improvement.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
thanks doc... I will just finish out the glutamine and not re-up... as for the BCAA's and protein to LBM... no... I am not getting the proper ratio of protein per LB I should in my diet... I try, but my schedule simply doesnt allow me the liberty of eating a meal every 2-3 hours and working out in the morning or evening for 2 hours... I eat as clean as possible and workout on my lunch break when I can... if I get 3-4 workouts in ever week I am doing good... I try to supplement where I can to make up for inefficiencies in my diet an workout... I am open to suggestions for improvement.

No problem IronCore. To me it seems like your making the best of a difficult situation so just do what you gotta do brother.

A suggestion if I may....don't get caught up in the whole eating every 2-3hrs. It's not necessary and is in fact a matter of personal preference. My schedule is so fukked at times I may only eat once or twice a day but when that happens I just gorge out on whatever I can while still making it fit within my macros for the most part.

if your protein intake is low bc you can't eat every few hours you can always increase the protein content of each meal to meet your daily needs. This is what I do and have never noticed a difference between eating 6-8 meals a day. If you need to supplement with shakes here and there do that. Nutrition isn't as complicated as many make it out to be and the body is much smarter than we give it credit for.

Good luck achieving your goals sir!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
What are your stats and how much protein are you taking in currently? Do you get around 1g/lb LBM of protein? If so the evidence shows BCAA supplementation is not beneficial bc you'd already be getting plenty of BCAAs through whole protein sources in your diet. If you eat a meal prior to working out than again BCAAs aren't needed as the food you ate prior is still being digested and assimilated during the workout.

glutamine is another worthless supplement unless you're doing prolonged endurance activities or a vegetarian (likely would be deficient in glutamine).

What this guy said ^^^ Agree with everything

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

Oh my goodness another "cut and paste" evidence based post but this time someone uses over FFITY citations to support their commentary!
Fine work DOCD

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic