Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

In 'N Out

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Y'all ever hear of Griff's? There is one where I used to live and it was such a big, messy, greasy ...AMAZING burger. It may just be a local joint like GFs local diner place.

We have one if Dallas called Keller's Drive In. We used to go there in highschool as they served us beer sometimes. I went last year with a buddy and the burgers still good and the beer cold. BUT, they would not serve us because we were on bikes, Evidently the wanna be bikers were causing probs. So we parked off premise and walked over. Hey BMJ you can get a $30 hooker right down the street as well! If you know Dallas You have heard of Harry Hines?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Y'all ever hear of Griff's? There is one where I used to live and it was such a big, messy, greasy ...AMAZING burger. It may just be a local joint like GFs local diner place.

We have one if Dallas called Keller's Drive In. We used to go there in highschool as they served us beer sometimes. I went last year with a buddy and the burgers still good and the beer cold. BUT, they would not serve us because we were on bikes, Evidently the wanna be bikers were causing probs. So we parked off premise and walked over. Hey BMJ you can get a $30 hooker right down the street as well! If you know Dallas You have heard of Harry Hines?
You know who’s got a good burger in Dallas is Village Burger Bar. Drinks are priced well too.

Haha your Kellers Drive in, never been to that area, usually avoid it and whenever you say Harry Hines I think Parkland area….but that street comes with a lot of… well let’s say baggage… can’t forget Methodist area… @MR. BMJ can get his Mexican food down the street…..

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Never ate at one due to being on the east coast. How's the quality with inflation? I stopped eating at 5 guys since the burgers are about the size of an old dollar coin for $10 per hamburger.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
NO mention of Smashburger so far? Best I've ever had other than homemade. Website indicates they are in 30 States + D.C, but maybe locations are few + far between.

Grew up in NY-NJ area, love White Castles and understand the cult following, but they're not really "burgers," or easily identified as any particular meat species.

Been to LA and In 'N Out a few times, witnessed the West Coast cult following, but thought "good but not great." Too clean to have the Saturday Night Fever ambiance 1970s Travolta + buddies enjoyed.

Smashburgers, otoh, are in your Thesaurus next to juicy and succulent.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
NO mention of Smashburger so far? Best I've ever had other than homemade. Website indicates they are in 30 States + D.C, but maybe locations are few + far between.

Grew up in NY-NJ area, love White Castles and understand the cult following, but they're not really "burgers," or easily identified as any particular meat species.

Been to LA and In 'N Out a few times, witnessed the West Coast cult following, but thought "good but not great." Too clean to have the Saturday Night Fever ambiance 1970s Travolta + buddies enjoyed.

Smashburgers, otoh, are in your Thesaurus next to juicy and succulent.
Haha, White Castle. We have one that is about 2 hours away. When we would come back from trips back east we would have to drive by it. We used to play a game to see if we could eat some sliders and not shit our pants before we got home.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
East Coast guy, but anytime I am near an In and Out - I go.

Been 3 times and it never disappoints.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Haha, White Castle. We have one that is about 2 hours away. When we would come back from trips back east we would have to drive by it. We used to play a game to see if we could eat some sliders and not shit our pants before we got home.
Don't doubt it for a NY Minute. It's well documented in the Literature that NY-NJ colons have evolved to handle anything we throw down there. I am many years and ~1000 miles away now, but I can still deal with Krystals, a cheap copycat of White Castles we have down 'souf.

btw, how did things usually come out for you with that game?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Don't doubt it for a NY Minute. It's well documented in the Literature that NY-NJ colons have evolved to handle anything we throw down there. I am many years and ~1000 miles away now, but I can still deal with Krystals, a cheap copycat of White Castles we have down 'souf.

btw, how did things usually come out for you with that game?
I always made it. The other guy on the team, always had to stop and tear up the public rest stop.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
You know who’s got a good burger in Dallas is Village Burger Bar. Drinks are priced well too.

Haha your Kellers Drive in, never been to that area, usually avoid it and whenever you say Harry Hines I think Parkland area….but that street comes with a lot of… well let’s say baggage… can’t forget Methodist area… @MR. BMJ can get his Mexican food down the street…..
I will have to check that out.

Back when I was a kid we used to drag race on Manana rd very close to the Hines. I stay out of dallas mostly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic