Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I'm at a loss... help me with diet please someone.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Ok. Firstly I think I need to get a real evaluation of body fat as I feel (or know) I suffer from dysmorphic disorder to a degree. I'm following a routine where I hit all body parts twice a week. Usually 12-15 sets per group similar to http://muscleandbrawn.com/training-ronnie-coleman-workout-rouine ...it's a lot of volume with 1 min rest periods. Longer when I'm deadlifting or squatting. I stick to mainly11-15 rep range and have made way better results. I'm currently able to recover extremely well ;). At 28yrs old 5'10" 193lbs and according to navy bf scale and calipers in between 8-10% bf. I think I look fatter. Dysmorphic. To make lean gains about how many calories? Do I classify as intense workouts? 3250 is what I thought but I feel like a fatass eating that much. Trust me I eat clean, and weigh/measure everything

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Kind of hard to help you out without pics. With that said, if you are unhappy with your level of bodyfat, you should cut down. Then, slowly add more calories until you get to a point where you are growing without putting on excess. It's a give and take experiment that will take a few months, but it's well worth it.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, I kind of figured someone would say that. about pics. I'll try and post some soon and get opinions. At a point I was happy with where I was, or almost, in dieting. Someone told me I looked emaciated for me, which I dont think. But a buddy was getting ready to bulk on cycle, and I was too, got the itch and started scratching (100mg trenA MWF; 500 teste week). Also used super dmz 2.0 for 3 weeks, which bloated the hell out of me, not a fan. Even with Aromasin 12.5 eod. All while increasing calories and changed workout to a more traditional 1 body part a week workout scheme. the last part is where I think I went wrong. So 4 weeks in to cycle I think Im going to back down calories and continue my old twice weekly routine. And then add back.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
After that rant, I guess I'm just looking for moral support. I wish I just didn't give a damn and could drink beer and eat cheetos sometimes.......Nah

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
After that rant, I guess I'm just looking for moral support. I wish I just didn't give a damn and could drink beer and eat cheetos sometimes.......Nah

I don't say this to be rude or disrespectful but maybe you need help elsewhere. If as you say you suffer from BDD, then you should seek professional help. It is a recognized disorder in the DSM's now and is treatable in many cases without the need for Rx meds. Just a thought. I wish you the best regardless brother.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I think you're overtraining by a landslide.....if you truly have BDD, this is a common mistake.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have BDD. I am 5 11 and weigh 270. When i look in the mirror I see stringy arms small legs and a weak pussy.

But I seem to do the opposite of you. I eat more because of it.

Maybe you should consider dropping some cash on professional diet help.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Hey none taken Dcd... I exaggerate a little when I say BDD, but maybe a little. POB- Jesus Christ, I doubt the stringy arms and legs thing. Thats hilarious.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Hey none taken Dcd... I exaggerate a little when I say BDD, but maybe a little. POB- Jesus Christ, I doubt the stringy arms and legs thing. Thats hilarious.

He has stringy arms, mine are bigger at 55lbs less than him.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
But back on topic according to almost all calculators and I thought I was making nice gains say eat 3200 for me to maintain. Does that seem to high generally speaking?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
at 193 that's a tad high. I'm 220ish and my maintenence is about 27-2900. When bulking I go up to 4k+ though

Shortz is our resident dietician, hopefully he swings by.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Actually, if his activity level and body fat levels are true, 3200 isn't too out of the ball park for a moderate calorie surplus. I'd be interested to see what he's eating and when though. I'm 202 and in the 8-10% range at 5'7" I only train 4 days a week and work a desk job. So, my activity level is moderate at best. My maintenance is around 3200, and I "bulk" around 3500. That way I grow without adding tons of BF. There's no reason to add 1000+ calories to your diet to grow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic