Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I'm at a loss... help me with diet please someone.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Actually, if his activity level and body fat levels are true, 3200 isn't too out of the ball park for a moderate calorie surplus. I'd be interested to see what he's eating and when though. I'm 202 and in the 8-10% range at 5'7" I only train 4 days a week and work a desk job. So, my activity level is moderate at best. My maintenance is around 3200, and I "bulk" around 3500. That way I grow without adding tons of BF. There's no reason to add 1000+ calories to your diet to grow.

I'm also not a BB'r nor do I drill down my macros....and when prepping for a lifting meet, it's a little more essential for my training for the extra cals IMO. I'm also adding in a surplus of compounds too....4k isn't a typical daily intake when I bulk but on squat and deadlift days it is.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Makes a little more sense. Why are you commenting on a physique diet then?! LOL! Just busting ballz.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I have BDD. I am 5 11 and weigh 270. When i look in the mirror I see stringy arms small legs and a weak pussy.

I just can't resist..and no offense meant...TRY KEGELS for the weak p*ssy!!!!

OK..I know different and just giving you sh*t.

BDD was also none as "Big-o-rexia" in some circles. Although, not technically a name but..for some we're never too big. Or we don't see the image in the mirror as being big at all.

Anyway...depending on your goals..eat and train to be big. If you're trying to get your BF lower..you may end up making sacrifices...mostly in muscle mass and size. Of course..that's not set in stone either. I'm sure there are quite a few people here who's happy to help you re-assess you're training and diet.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
I work as an anesthesia provider, so it's a mix of sitting standing, walking around depending on what kind of case load, plus training 3 days on rest 1 repeat. Some days if I'm feeling it I'll go 3-3- then rest one. Like I said, there's a heavy dead lift, squat, and bench 10-8-6-4/2 on first3; plus other volume work, the second three days are "pump" type exercises.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
I honestly listen to my body, today for instance, beat tired so I don't go. Pointless if I did. But usually as long as I rest well each night, I don't feel "overtrained" I think it's just the amount of clean food I've been eating that makes me feel bloated. I was losing weight at 2750 a day, so in my head if kept workout the same, 3250 shouldn't be making me fat right?

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
More food will make you feel bloated. 3250 may be a little high for you. I'd suggest dropping 1-200 calories and see if you start losing weight or not.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
More food will make you feel bloated. 3250 may be a little high for you. I'd suggest dropping 1-200 calories and see if you start losing weight or not.

good advice.

Watch the sodium intake as well.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Also....Just realized that aromasin is to be taken Everyday and not EOD, which out of convenience i've been doing MWF @12.5... I think its purely bloat from 750mg TestE because like i said. I feel bloated, but in a gym, stand out. Its just fluffier than I care to look I guess. Dropping back to 3k a day and upping AI. I think that should do the trick. Thanks guys.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Sodium??? Salt make ya strong!...just kidding. Yeah i know thats not helping matters either.

MuscleAddict83

MuscleAddict83

Jan 16, 2012
Honestly, as long as your not greatly varying your salt intake day in and day out, it really shouldn't be much of an issue. As far as salt and water are concerned, our bodies are very efficient at maintaining homeostasis. Now stay consistent in your diet for a while and throw in a pepperoni and anchovy pizza and watch the water retention go, but stay consistent and you really shouldn't have much issue (apart from some other hormonal factor like excess estrogen). I don't vary water or salt intake throughout contest prep. The majority of final and conditioning in terms of look is actually more related to bodyfat levels than most guys think. The guys that look the hardest are the ones that got their BF the lowest. I think that's true even at the prolevel.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
The majority of final and conditioning in terms of look is actually more related to bodyfat levels than most guys think. The guys that look the hardest are the ones that got their BF the lowest.

-couldnt agree more. Ive seen countless bros at gym 'holding lots of water'.... That being said I seriously think thats my issue with the Estrogen. Im still as vascular everywhere as usual just different for me. And i know a week of too many calories doesnt cause you to blow up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic