Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Illegals Allowed to Rally whil WWII Memorial closed???

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
All due respect I'm the manager and yes I do :)
If it's any part of your job to help people get assistance and you help that few you're really bad at your job.

Perhaps you're just not the hospital to go to if you need help?

Or maybe you're lumping people that can afford health insurance in with those that are truly impoverished.

If someone chooses a nice car over health insurance they get no sympathy from me when they are destroyed by medical debt.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
You sure are the expert. When did I say I only help a few? For a free market guy you're sure willing to curtail my health system's ability to get paid for services.

I guess being the recipient of charity care trumps being the provider in your world. I'll defer to your vast knowledge of running a hospital ED. Have your thread I'm out...:confused:

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
If it's any part of your job to help people get assistance and you help that few you're really bad at your job.

Perhaps you're just not the hospital to go to if you need help?

Or maybe you're lumping people that can afford health insurance in with those that are truly impoverished.

If someone chooses a nice car over health insurance they get no sympathy from me when they are destroyed by medical debt.

So says the sunday quarterback from the comfort of his lazyboy chair in his living room. . .

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I manage a very busy Emergency Department in one of the worst cities in America and I assure you...you are way off. I am responsible for 140 FTEs and they all have to be paid. We recuperate $0.30 on the dollar for all of the charity care we "give away". Does that sound like a good return? There are no "private charities" covering most of it at least not in NJ/NY/PA area. Not sure where you are getting your facts, but this is my daily reality.

So like 69 said, every single person in America has access to healthcare. I have a deadbeat brother in law, neve rworked a day in his life 54 years old. Got a knee surgery, a shoulder surgery, he doesn't own anything or have a dime. But he had access to healthcare

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
So like 69 said, every single person in America has access to healthcare. I have a deadbeat brother in law, neve rworked a day in his life 54 years old. Got a knee surgery, a shoulder surgery, he doesn't own anything or have a dime. But he had access to healthcare

You have GOT to be FOCKING kidding me please say that you are.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
You have GOT to be FOCKING kidding me please say that you are.
My dad died of cancer. Hadn't worked steady in 12 years and didn't have a dime to his name. Wasn't denied medical care at any point. Tons of doctors, chemo treatments, surgery, the whole nine yards.

All covered.

The idea that impoverished don't get medical care is a joke.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012

True story. Under the old system no one was denied. Who pays? All the rest of us. How do they access care? Frequently through the emergency room, and when their illness gets so bad they have to deal or die.

Obamacare will get them basic care for free, so theoretically they will take care of problems earlier, when it is cheaper to do so. If they wait, or if they need an operation, they have to pay a co-pay.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My dad died of cancer. Hadn't worked steady in 12 years and didn't have a dime to his name. Wasn't denied medical care at any point. Tons of doctors, chemo treatments, surgery, the whole nine yards.

All covered.

The idea that impoverished don't get medical care is a joke.

Terrible way to die. I am sorry to hear it. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
You guys are making my original argument. There is already access, I'm just trying to say its cheaper to "give it away" at the Primary level (Doctor's office) than Tertiary level (Hospital).

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You guys are making my original argument. There is already access, I'm just trying to say its cheaper to "give it away" at the Primary level (Doctor's office) than Tertiary level (Hospital).

Yes, but how do you get people to go to their primary care doc? Let's say, people call their PCP, and they find out it's two weeks to get in. Guess where they go because they don't want to wait? (Wait times to see a PCP is going to go way up due to a shortage of docs). These bills will simply go unpaid, as they always have. Also, Obamacare doesn't cover a lot of preventative care either, so people are still going to end up in similar situations. Most people that abuse the ER will continue abusing the ER, regardless of their coverage. These are people that feel like society owes them, and entitled to whatever, whenever, they want.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I have yet to hear of anyone saying anywhere that their premiums are going down that I can recall. Many, many are seeing premiums go up - often WAY up. This whole stinkin' thing is about govt control, and gives them far too much control over the economy and intrusion into our lives. It puts the IRS (of all orgs!) in charge of our healthcare. Big govt has no business imposing this crap on the citizens. We can make improvements to healthcare without all this added nonsense and without giving the govt control of our lives.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have yet to hear of anyone saying anywhere that their premiums are going down that I can recall. Many, many are seeing premiums go up - often WAY up. This whole stinkin' thing is about govt control, and gives them far too much control over the economy and intrusion into our lives. It puts the IRS (of all orgs!) in charge of our healthcare. Big govt has no business imposing this crap on the citizens. We can make improvements to healthcare without all this added nonsense and without giving the govt control of our lives.

We DID get one piece of good news. Our premiums are staying the same, because they "meet the ACA requirements". The **** does that mean? Most private insurance is WAY better coverage than the ACA provides, so whatever standards they are using to determine this, certainly aren't being held against the ACA. Don't believe me? Look up the preventative care coverage in the ACA...oh yeah, it's completely missing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic