Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Illegals Allowed to Rally whil WWII Memorial closed???

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
We DID get one piece of good news. Our premiums are staying the same, because they "meet the ACA requirements". The **** does that mean? Most private insurance is WAY better coverage than the ACA provides, so whatever standards they are using to determine this, certainly aren't being held against the ACA. Don't believe me? Look up the preventative care coverage in the ACA...oh yeah, it's completely missing.

So, are you saying that if we have insurance through the company we work through/for and insurance rates jump up does not meet ACA requirements?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So, are you saying that if we have insurance through the company we work through/for and insurance rates jump up does not meet ACA requirements?

I am not 100% sure, but the exact wording through the corporate office was that the insurance they provided "meets the ACA requirements". This leads me to believe that the people that saw their premiums jump was most likely because perhaps their insurance didn't cover things that the government is forcing them to cover now.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
You guys are making my original argument. There is already access, I'm just trying to say its cheaper to "give it away" at the Primary level (Doctor's office) than Tertiary level (Hospital).
I don't know about your region but in Chicagoland hospitals have been dealing with that for years putting up tons of immediate care facilities.

You can't go 2 miles without running into one anymore.

Who's going to shed a tear for the hospital crying poor me? They will charge your ass 600 bucks for opening a box of gloves in your room. The billing practices in the American health care system is stupid. Talk to someone in medical billing. They are robbing you blind.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I don't know about your region but in Chicagoland hospitals have been dealing with that for years putting up tons of immediate care facilities.

You can't go 2 miles without running into one anymore.

Who's going to shed a tear for the hospital crying poor me? They will charge your ass 600 bucks for opening a box of gloves in your room. The billing practices in the American health care system is stupid. Talk to someone in medical billing. They are robbing you blind.

What makes acute care facilities so interesting to physicians is that they can make them private pay and make good money running them. They can't, however, admit patients and have to transfer them to a local hospital for true emergencies, among other things.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
This is all becoming very interesting. The First time when the supreme court upheld the O'Care, our insurance jumped 1 percent. Last week it jumped again 1.7 percent. over a period of time this equates to thousands of dollars.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
What makes acute care facilities so interesting to physicians is that they can make them private pay and make good money running them. They can't, however, admit patients and have to transfer them to a local hospital for true emergencies, among other things.

If you have a true emergency you should go to the emergency room. What does suck is if you go to one around here and they figure out you have a true emergency they call for an ambulance transport. There goes a grand out of your pocket.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
If you have a true emergency you should go to the emergency room. What does suck is if you go to one around here and they figure out you have a true emergency they call for an ambulance transport. There goes a grand out of your pocket.

Yeah, that's legal stuff there. You can refuse the transport, but they will have you sign a waiver saying you were refusing against medical advice. You can really refuse anything, short of a psych admit or if you are mentally altered in some way.

I will agree with you on the excessive billing of the hospital. For instance, they might charge $300 for an "over night pack" or some crap like that, which includes a box of tissues, a couple basins, hand lotion, shampoo, soap etc, but you damn well know that it doesn't cost that much, and you most likely didn't use everything in there. Insurance companies know that though, so they will toss that stuff out of the bill when they see it. As an out of pocket payer though, you can get a lower rate. Most facilities have a different rate they will give you if you ask, which helps weed out that crap.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
We DID get one piece of good news. Our premiums are staying the same, because they "meet the ACA requirements". The **** does that mean? Most private insurance is WAY better coverage than the ACA provides, so whatever standards they are using to determine this, certainly aren't being held against the ACA. Don't believe me? Look up the preventative care coverage in the ACA...oh yeah, it's completely missing.

My partner took a class on the ACA and it looks like our premiums will go down, though our deductibles will go up.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
My partner took a class on the ACA and it looks like our premiums will go down, though our deductibles will go up.

Your private insurance or did you sign up for the ACA plan? It's my understanding the ACA plan has a higher deductible, but also only pays 60% of the medical costs after the deductible is met. Is this true? If this is true, as long as you stay healthy, you might pay less, quite a bit less, but don't dare get sick or you will pay a lot.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic