Latest Member
TableEffit
What's New?

I hate warming up

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
My warm up is as much if not more than my actual lifting. Whatever cardio type stuff I do, I usually do first, but I don't count this as my warm ups.
I start with the agile eleven, then I move on to a circuit that involves overhead rotation, hip hinge, wall slides and back extensions. Then I warm up for the lift I am hitting that day. For deads I do GHR. For squat, box jump, for bench or press, I do face pulls, pull a parts or rev laterals. Then I warm up the actual movement.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Do you hate lifting? Do you hate heavy training ?? Do you hate eating protien ? Everyone hates something but they do it, because part of training Smart is warming up, I guess whining counts? Lol I'm kidding ! Well you don't need to go on treadmill or any machine for that matter , you can play air guitar and Jump around , calisthenics etc yes you can get the blood flowing doing a weights circuit just as quickly. This isn't rocket science and for the record no fighters don't need to run unless they prefer it, you can warm up , get stamina and increase skills doing assortment of drills . I loosen my joints doing my knife and sword moves with a light training blade - serves as warm up , blood on loosen joints etc. plus more practice . If you box shadow box for warm up - footwork and hitting perfect. Jumping jacks . **** chicks hard lol just do something it don't have to be cardio machines. I warm up every workout but can't remember last time I set foot on a machine. However get MP3 player and listen to audiobook or music you love while on treadmill. The list is endless

Exactly. That was the point of the thread. To take something I dislike, and turn it in to something I don't mind doing anymore. I am trying to get creative. Jumping rope gets my heart rate up REALLY fast as well.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Jump rope is really good it also helps agility and footwork ( if you are athlete )

B

BatMan

Jan 8, 2014
I use the SlingShot to warm up my upper body. I hate working out in Jan Damn CrossFIt Fks.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
So you guys that always warm up first on a treadmill or stepper no matter what? I understand the point and have tried that method before. I mean if your going to work on a bicep/Tricep workout you still warm up on a treadmill? I have my own dynamic warm up method I have used for a while but for the most part it involves very light weight for 2 sets of 30 as my warm up.
To each his own, if it works keep doing it. Don't think you can put a gold standard on one type.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I warm up by starting off lifting light.

No cardio....

Same here and never had an injury through lack of warming up.....it's lifting smart during your training that prevents injuries.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
So you guys that always warm up first on a treadmill or stepper no matter what? I understand the point and have tried that method before. I mean if your going to work on a bicep/Tricep workout you still warm up on a treadmill? I have my own dynamic warm up method I have used for a while but for the most part it involves very light weight for 2 sets of 30 as my warm up.
To each his own, if it works keep doing it. Don't think you can put a gold standard on one type.

I do the cardio for an overall, general warm up. Gt blood flowing through the body as a whole. Synovial fluid in my joints, and so on. But I still always warm my muscles up with lightweight sets before I hit my working sets as well. Not for every exercise up usually my first exercise or two, definitly in the big lifts. I wouldn't hit a 5 min cardio warm up and jump straight into a heavy working set by any means. Overall warmup and then isolated warmup for the direct fibers I'm gonna be working with. It's what works best for me and gets me going. Gets my pumps started a little earlier too, gotta love that.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Nothing wrong with getting warmed up first. I just don't think you have to do a 10 minutes session to be injury free. I spent many years doing it myself.

Now I save a little extra gym time and stretch after my workout, but that's another thread.. :)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Nothing wrong with getting warmed up first. I just don't think you have to do a 10 minutes session to be injury free. I spent many years doing it myself.

Now I save a little extra gym time and stretch after my workout, but that's another thread.. :)

Well I do the cardio thing to get my heart rate up and my engine running. Not so much for injury prevention as some, deff gets me in a mental state of readiness too. But he lightweight warmups s deff for more of an injury prevention. Specially when it comes to heavy pushes conning shoulders. Lol funny u say that u have extra gym time. That's one reason I freaking hate doing it, most times I just wanna go in and right to lifting! But I know my body benefits better from that light cardio warmup. It's a love here thing ya know lol

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Well since separation from the wife I have found all the time I need at the gym now...

Sounds like you have a good plan man keep rolling with it. Doesn't matter what anyone else says... :)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Haha see there are positives from losing the lady bro! The iron is always there with open arms! I know you're loving having the extra time the and probably without and nagging that you go too often.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic