Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I hate eggwhites

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't like the texture of cooked egg whites either so I add them to things in liquid form or chop them up really tiny like in bacon fried rice.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Probably to old for this but lately I scramble them with some cheyenne pepper, garlic, black pepper.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I want to find out if there have been any studies about the raw/vs cooked egg white thing. I know on paper it looks like the protein would be less bioavailable but what happens during the digestive process and what looks like reality in theory based solely on structure are two different things. And, more importantly have there been any studies using pasteurized egg whites Vs cooked to a semisolid form egg whites. Because anyone who's talking about drinking them from the carton is getting pasteurized egg whites not raw ones.

Thing is that during times where I've been eating at many as 10 raw eggs a day, if I'm absorbing almost none of it... that means I was getting at least 700 calories/day less than I thought and 70g of protein less than I thought, which doesn't add up mathematically with the amount of weight that I gained. Would like to put someone on a raw egg white and banana (or other carb source) diet, with some whole eggs mixed in for fat cals and see if they wither away and die, or if this "you don't digest raw egg protein" belongs in the same steaming pile as "you can only digest 30g of protein in a sitting."

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Rocky drank raw eggs and he beat Apollo creed, mr t and Ivan drago.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Just eat some meat.

This^^^^^^^^

I never eat just egg whites. I always eat the whole egg. As for not eating meat, you are just making life harder for yourself than it needs to be.

Reactions: HGH
DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
It's a little more expensive, but have you tried egg beaters? My local HEB has the generic for about $3.50 while on sale for each large carton. If you get the real Egg Beaters, they are around $5-6

Try this little mix...

Egg whites
Refried beans
Instant mashed potatoes

It's really good, and if you mix it up really well, it tastes like you're just eating mashed potatoes and refried beans.

Also try adding salsa to your eggs to help as well.

refired beans and instant mashed potatoes... seriously??? why would you eat that garbage??? all that fat and sodium!!!!.... there are a million other choices!

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
add your raw egg whites to your shakes.... increases your protein intake easily and you don't taste them :)

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
add your raw egg whites to your shakes.... increases your protein intake easily and you don't taste them :)

ginger - pressed ginger into the shake is nice - egg into the shake - isn't that soapy creamy with foam?
but had a whey break - last year my piss got that much greenish in the night when drinking whey - so much colours in the night

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
The differences are most likely insignificant, just get protien

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
No you don't taste them. You won't even know they are there.

It will add to protein totals plus its one of the purest forms if you choose not to add meat but want real food

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
Do they have Krusty partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverages?
- Yeah. They call 'em, "shakes."

BdFWiq_CIAAQFIE.jpg

chiseledchap

chiseledchap

Jan 15, 2014
The bio availability of eggs drops significantly if you don't cook them. In other words, all of the great reasons to eat an egg is almost completely gone when in raw form.

tis not true my friend. if you get the cartons the egg whites are pasteurized and 80% bio-available just like cooked egg whites. OP if you dump your egg whites into your shaker cup and chug them, you'll be good. just breathe through your mouth for the first few breaths after tasting them and you won't get that god aweful after taste lol. Mixing them with a scoop of protein powder nullifies the bad taste too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic