Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

I hate eggwhites

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
I just want to make a public post claiming my current hate for them right now...

I don't eat meat (besides seafood) so I have to get my protein in some how. After eating eggwhites every morning for over a year...it's finally starting to get to me haha I just can't handle the texture by itself! Especially when my appetite gets suppressed...it's the absolute worst.

I usually eat them with asparagus, and recently have been putting a slice of smoked salmon cut into them so it's not as bad but..

UGH I WISH IT WERE EASIER TO GET ALL MY PROTEIN IN FOR THE DAY WITHOUT RELYING ON SHAKES!

Anyone share the same feelings? lol

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I love egg whites, mix it up a little

Peppers and onions
Salsa - wide variety of salsas out there
onions turkey
mushrooms
red potatoes (boiled first)
red onion
oatmeal
zucchini

Depends if you are going low carb or not, the combos are endless depending on what you like.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Drink them.... They have chocolate flavored ones and I think strawberry.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
It's a little more expensive, but have you tried egg beaters? My local HEB has the generic for about $3.50 while on sale for each large carton. If you get the real Egg Beaters, they are around $5-6

Try this little mix...

Egg whites
Refried beans
Instant mashed potatoes

It's really good, and if you mix it up really well, it tastes like you're just eating mashed potatoes and refried beans.

Also try adding salsa to your eggs to help as well.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Drink them.... They have chocolate flavored ones and I think strawberry.

The bio availability of eggs drops significantly if you don't cook them. In other words, all of the great reasons to eat an egg is almost completely gone when in raw form.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
ah these are good suggestions

I'm carb cycling so my carbs are generally low unless it's my high day but I should def go buy some low carb veggies to mix into my egg whites.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm with LK. I enjoy egg whites.

Add some cheese and hot sauce to them. Really helps a lot.

Try mushrooms, and/or Onions.

Also, have you thought about changing the egg whites to whole eggs ?

If you get liquid egg whites from the store I think they are pasteurized. This way you could drink them like regs suggested.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
ah these are good suggestions

I'm carb cycling so my carbs are generally low unless it's my high day but I should def go buy some low carb veggies to mix into my egg whites.

Yeah egg whites can get real boring. If you mix in salsa, red or green chili they aren't bad.
On your no to low carb days why not eat whole eggs? That way you get some taste so to speak :)

W

webber

Dec 5, 2013
8+ egg whites everyday for years. Love them.

So many different things you can add to change up

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Try this little mix...

Egg whites
Refried beans
Instant mashed potatoes

It's really good, and if you mix it up really well, it tastes like you're just eating mashed potatoes and refried beans.

Good Lord!! That gave me the shits just reading about it. :D

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
I buy liquid egg whites from BJs in quanity along with a case of pineapple juice. I mix the pineapple juice with the egg whites and down the hatch.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I buy liquid egg whites from BJs in quanity along with a case of pineapple juice. I mix the pineapple juice with the egg whites and down the hatch.

There's hard core old school! Nice!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic