Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

I died 4 times last friday.

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
thought id share this as much as possible in order to possibly save some lives. you will all think "it wont happen to me. i know what im doing." well it happened to me and i thought the same thing. im no newby and i compete at the national level. my prep coach is a professional and i followed his regimen to the T! heres a copied and pasted story i told elsewhere. some terms were used generically for obvious reasons.
So im finally home. Ive had plenty of time to think about what happened and how i would go about explaining it. But when you go through what i did youre stripped of all shame and humility. all thats left is love, gratefulness and a new appreciation for life.
last friday the day before my gym's grand opening, i spent my morning prepping my meals for the day. i knew it would be a long day of work with a hardcore shoulder routine in there somewhere. i recently went under the advice of a new prep coach and had been following his agressive regimen for two weeks. i had a few blood sugar issues throughout that time and luckily had someone with me to manage these. well after a long days work the same issue arouse. my blood sugar began to drop lower and lower. i lose all memory at around 630pm friday.
GF had been working all day as well and had a contract to write so she wasnt coming home at 6. i talked to GF on the phone at 617pm explaining i was tired and probably just gonna go home instead of meet her in town to eat with her parents. she attempts to contact me several times and decides to head home after work instead of eating in kemah. she gets home around 915pm to a house with all the lights on and hearing a horrible snoring groggling noise referred to by medical staff as "the death rattle". im naked, wet and unconscious on the floor dying. she calls 911 and starts cpr but my jaws are clinched shut with foam coming out. then my heart stops. she preforms cpr and the paramedics arrive. my heart stops another 3 times and finally in the hospital they get a pulse. they froze me to 32 degrees (i was only the 5th person to have this done at this hospital) gave me the paralytic and "jackson juice" and kept me in a coma for 4 days. i came to and i was tuesday morning. i had no idea what had happened. i had every kind of tube there is in my body and woke up mouth wide open, body taped down with a machine breathing for me but was choking since i wasnt paralyzed anymore. luckily my mother and gf were there to explain what was happening and once i calmed down and communicated through blinking responses and finger squeezes they were able to start bringing my back. beginning with pulling hoses out my trachea and nose some 3 plus feet long. coughing, gasping, crying. i was insane. i never saw "the light" but i definitely felt a sense of higher power once i came to more. when you have several middle aged men that have multiple phd's tell you you are truly a miracle then there has to be some sort of higher power involved. to add insult to injury but yet a silver lining as well, they discovered a con-genitive heart condition where i had an extra electrical pathway in the heart and was at risk for sudden death. so i theoretically could have dropped dead anytime i was getting after it in the gym. how i came back from death 4 times WITH this preexisting condition not only behooves me, but all my MDs as well. i had a heart oblation procedure yesterday and the surgery was called a success. so once i rest for 2 weeks i should be back better than before.
im grateful i had my GF, she truly saved my life. she stayed by my side the whole time. sleepin in a fold out metal chair in a dark smelly dungeon that is the icu we were stuck in from friday til wednesday night. My mother was a huge part of me coming back as well. i couldnt imagine leaving her and putting her through that. she played gofer all day everyday. all my close friends as well. im still discovering new people that came by to see me while i was out. i love all of you and im truly sorry i put you through that. it wont happen again. i didn't want to die. they told GF it could take over an hour for me to come back from all the drugs and being frozen. i woke up 12 mins after they took me off the drugs. i could ramble on and on. i need rest. Dont take time for granted. its the one commodity we cant get back, earn or control. make the most of it. tell your friends and family you love them. dont bite your tongue out of fear of judgement. have faith and patience. it can always be worse. and may we all be successful at what matters most to us

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
oh and it was 8iu humalog pre and post workout

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Wow ! It isn't your time obviously. Very life changing stuff

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Wow.... Glad you're on the mend brother!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Thats som crazy stuff bro. Glad you are here to talk about it.

O

oldrippy

Jun 11, 2012
Wow. I hope some young ones read this and take note. Glad you are here to share it.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Thank you for this post I'm about to go through something where this really means a lot me and let's me know I am lucky. I'm very glad your going to be ok.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
JH, some of the crazy shit we do in this sport makes me sometime wonder if its all really worth it. I think about it all the time as I get older and find myself wanting to finally settle down. I'm glad your ok and still with us brother.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Whoa....that is some insane stuff. Glad you are on the mend. Keep us posted.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Jackhammer what can I say other than that someone was looking over you.just glad your fine.it ain't worth jh putting your body and health through what modern day bb have to do.take care.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn jackhammer. Glad you're with us. And it's awesome to hear about the perspective you have gained.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Thanks for sharing. That is truly an eye opener. Take it easy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic